NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I've just got home from a night out with Ine's work mates.

Fuck, they're awesome. I'm pretty sure that I was the only English person there, and I'm not entirely English...frauding, brah. Anyway, they were awesome. We drank a lot, danced a lot, sang tunes, and all sorts.

I'm sure it's part of foreign policy to only have good looking Europeans working at the company or something. :laughing::woops:

I've drank quite a bit tonight. I'm pretty sure that I've lost all of my gains. :'(

Late to the ineptitude of Parcel Force (after a week of being in customs, they sent it back to Japan) but just got this birthday present from parents. So amazing

BSbdUbiIcAAqZYH.jpg:large

How will you play it with a Serebii printed over the screen?

That's all that can appear on the front of the screen.

I went to Insomnia for the minecraft expo.

It was awesome! Met Davechoas, bebopvox, Slamacow, Pedro. Briefly said hello to the guys at the yogscast.

HNNGGG. So happy. :D Got some cool new swag from gametee and jinx too! :bouncy:

I finally watched Dark Knight Rises today.

Best. Film. Ever.

Superb finish to an awesome trilogy.

So I think I might be considered in getting a promotion (finally!) but not sure if I'd take it anyway as there are some pros and cons (pros being it's easy to move up the ladder, cons being the pay which is 10p more than I'm on). For the past couple of weeks and for the next couple of weeks, it's Back to School which, for retailers such as Sports Direct, shoe shops and stationery shops (I'm guessing), it's like Christmas, we'd make the most money out of this time. So it started off rocky as me and my manager kind of had words and she was kind of pissing me off but then my manager tells me that she'd consider me to be put on Level 3 (which is a Supervisor level) if she felt I could handle the pressure and proved myself. Challenge accepted! I more or less took charge of a department, served multiple customers at once, more or less told a few of the staff what to do and where to go (which they didn't mind because they kept on coming to me asking what they should do)...it was a pretty awesome day, I actually enjoyed it even though it's one of the busiest days I've ever had at the job.

I think I handled everything extremely well. Here's hoping tomorrow will be the same. :D

I got the nicest ever customer compliment! It got sent to Head Office who sent it to every single store in the UK. Slightly embarrassing but so cool, this is what it said:

Aww! I thought it was so nice! I remember the family as well, they gave me a Subway lunch (it was a Planes Kids' Pak because the kid wanted me to have one). I'm made up! :D

I also had the balls to ask for a girl's number but that's for another thread! ;)

I am tempted to travel over there just to buy a pair of shoes from you.

Seriously, you rock, Animal! :D We genuinely need to meet one day. Any chance you might come to a meet sometime? :)

Why is more money a 'con'?

It's literally only 10p more than I'm being paid now and I'm part-time. Supervisors are only on four more hours than I am on right now. In the end, they don't really make much more than I do.

Presume it's an 'effort vs reward' thing.

Yeah, it's like more responsibility for more or less the same pay. Kind of makes you wonder whether it's worth it in that regards but in another way, it's good because it could open potential doors.

I am tempted to travel over there just to buy a pair of shoes from you.

Seriously, you rock, Animal! :D We genuinely need to meet one day. Any chance you might come to a meet sometime? :)

By all means, come down! I'll be happy to see you, haha.

It all depends on the time at work and if I can make it in general but there will be a chance I could come one day! :D

Going home tomorrow! Can't wait to see my family again, but even more so my dog and cat. Missed them!

It is going to be a very busy week with my sister's wedding on Saturday. Will have to help with lots of preparations, plus Tuesday I will go shopping with my sisters for wedding clothes (and to have dinner together), Wednesday I am meeting up with one or two friends for a meal, Friday I am meeting up with three other friends. And have a haircut at some point, finish a drawing for someone who is retiring, finish a canvas my sister will be using on her wedding for people to sign and create a house out of candy as a gift for my sister. Busyyyyyy!

Looking forward to it all, though I do get worried about traveling there (especially as it is the first time I am doing it alone). But it will be nice to go back for a bit. =)

Tiger bread is the best thing since sliced bread.

Sliced tiger bread? Mind blown.

STAAAHHHPPP.

I've already eaten way too much food today and you guys are making me even more hungry.

Tiger Bread is sexy. It's like eating an actual tiger.

Unless you buy it in Sainbury's, then it's like eating a giraffe.

Unless you buy it in Sainbury's, then it's like eating a giraffe.

Either way, Africa/India's loss is our gain.

I wish I could eat the stuff right now. The bread, not the animal.

Booked in to meet my (hopefully) tattoo artist for my first tattoo a week on Saturday.

I've also removed the files from my friends camera so I can put up my first YT video (well first video in like 18 months) :D

My wife was officially granted Irish Citizenship today at an Oath Taking Ceremony in Dublin (with like 1000 other now New Irish Citizens)

2013-08-27134837_zpse6076158.jpg

735766_658908490788827_917695344_o_zps1da21f77.jpg

Joy must be very...happy :heh: But seriously, congrats :)

Sent my first invoice today. Feel all grown up and shit.

And in 28 days I'll be posting in the bad stuff thread "sent my first invoice overdue reminder today", I'm sure.

Also get my new Nexus 7 today. Wheeeeeeeeee technology.

Joy must be very...happy :heh: But seriously, congrats :)

Sent my first invoice today. Feel all grown up and shit.

And in 28 days I'll be posting in the bad stuff thread "sent my first invoice overdue reminder today", I'm sure.

Also get my new Nexus 7 today. Wheeeeeeeeee technology.

28 days? You're far too nice. Payment terms on mine are all either 7 or 14 days unless otherwise agreed. Invoice due reminder 7 days after it is due and then it starts building interest in lines with the Interest Act 19XX (which has a far more fancy name than that).