NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

First day of my new job tomorrow. Excitebike.com.

Good luck Robert.

REMEMBER AND WEAR THE TIE CORRECTLY THIS TIME.

Semi-related to the above posts, but also a good thing in general:

bike-desk.png

Man, now I'm bummed out I don't have one.

Found out there's a Comic & Sci-Fi convention taking in place in Bath on the 28th & 29th September. Bath is literally a 30 minute drive for me. So I'll definitely be attending that.

£4 a ticket.

Gary Erskine - Artist

Gary is a comic book artist and illustrator who has worked for Marvel, DC Comics, Vertigo, Dark Horse Comics, IMAGE, IDW and many other publishers. He has collaborated with top writers including Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and James Robinson and with characters as diverse as Dan Dare, Captain America, Judge Dredd and the JSA. He has also had experience working on licenses such as Transformers, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and Terminator.

Mike Collins - Artist / Writer

Comic book artist and writer who has been working in comics since the mid-1980s. Titles include 2000ad, Dr Who, SPIDER-MAN, CAPTAIN BRITAIN, TRANSFORMERS, ZOIDS, GHOSTBUSTERS, THUNDERCATS, SUB-MARINER, X-MEN, STAR TREK and more

Gordon Rennie - Writer

Responsible for White Trash: Moronic Inferno, as well as several comic strips for 2000 AD and novels for Warhammer Fantasy.

Emma Beeby - Writer

Award nominated writer working in games, film, 2000AD comics and Doctor Who Big Finish audio.

John Higgins - Artist

John Higgins is best known for his colour work on Watchmen. In 2005 he was invited to return to the world of Watchmen, to oversee the digital re-colouring for the Absolute edition of the book. He was also involved in Before Watchmen, co-writing and illustrating Curse of the Crimson Corsair in 2012.

John has worked as an artist – and sometimes writer – on such diverse characters as Judge Dredd, Batman and Jonah Hex.

Lee Garbett - Artist

Working for 2000 AD, most notably on the series London Falling, co-created with Simon Spurrier. He also worked on a Judge Dredd strip for the Judge Dredd Megazine. Work for DC Comics and their Wildstorm imprint, The Highwaymen, Midnighter and the DC/Wildstorm Universe crossover Dreamwar. Other titles include The Outsiders, Batgirl, Battle for the Cowl, The Return of Bruce Wayne and more.

Ian Edginton - Writer

The co-creator of Scarlet Traces, a sequel to H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. For 2000 AD he has written Leviathan, Stickleback and The Red Seas as well as one-off serials such as American Gothic. Other comics include Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Planet of the Apes to name a few.

Dylan Teague - Artist/Writer

Work includes 2000ad on Dredd, Rogue Trooper and co creating Rose O'rion. Also Marvel UK on various characters and DC on Batman and Jonah Hex.

David Roach - Artist / Writer

2000Ad artist (Judge Dredd, Judge Anderson and Nemesis the Warlock). He is has also for the past Decade worked for Dr Who magazine and is the cover artist for their graphic novel line.

Also going to be a Star Wars expo there.

Hoping it'll have some nice goodies to buy.

I'm printing the final version of my master thesis today to be handed in tomorrow!

Basically a week into my 'training' and because I've already been in the workplace for 3 months it's going very smoothly. It makes no sense to anyone else, but essentially the last person to join the team got an 'offer' after 2 weeks, and today I sent a LL FOS which is basically guaranteed to produce an 'offer', so if the bank replies ASAP then I'll break that record. The previous record before 2 weeks was 3 months, for comparison.

So yeah work is (still) going well..

Went to colleagues for what I thought was drinks with folks but ultimately movie, dinner, tarot and scrabble. Good chillax. I'm on lates this week and it's fucked up my sleeping pattern a wee bit!

Supposed to go to komedia tomorrow (with anna and andy, @nightwolf!) and finish off tidying the house before my landlords get back from hols... then friday will be messy as it's a night out for my late who is moving to NZ. I just wanna sleep.

Huh, didn't even know anyone still spoke to Anna and Andy. I imagine that means they are still together? ^_^ @jayseven

Spoke to my parents about potentially moving abroad, both said go for it. So now I have to start making some pro/cons. Hmm!

Let me help you:

Pros:

England is boring, regularly cold and old people here always seem... older.

Cons:

Potential lack of custard creme biscuits.

If it comes down to it, I will ship custard creams to any N-Europe forumite who takes a leap and emigrates out of this dump.

Guy is excluded from this offer because he spelt cream weirdly.

If it comes down to it, I will ship custard creams to any N-Europe forumite who takes a leap and emigrates out of this dump.

Is it just a one-time shipment or on-going deal?

Where you thinking of moving to, @nightwolf? Do you speak any other languages, because that'll be a bit of a barrier, especially at the start.

My Spanish and Dutch/Flemish is improving, Ine can already speak Flemish and French. If you can conquer Portuguese and German, we'll essentially have most of Europe covered. :laughing:

I don't even know what happened there. My mind is blanche.

Where you thinking of moving to, @nightwolf? Do you speak any other languages, because that'll be a bit of a barrier, especially at the start.

The country I plan to move to speaks English as a first language, because their first language is too difficult to learn and mostly even those native struggle.

Which is quite frankly handy. The criteria to enter the country and live boils down to two things, how much money you earn and keeping a job. Which is easy.

So we'll see, it's going to be at least til middle next year and I do love my current job, just unfortunately not the county and there isn't really, now that my parents have the French house, much point in staying here.

Edit: I am certainly leaning towards moving, there's no real issue in that sense, its a case of getting a nice job, finding an apartment and moving.

But like I mentioned, I do love my job, I know whilst I do have complaints sometimes I am incredibly lucky to be working where I am.

But I find more often than not I'm working to live, I barely scrape by most months and I've had enough of it, whereas if I get the same pay over to the country I plan to go to, I would be seen as a particularly well off due to their economy. Which is certainly a plus.

If it does become set in soon, perhaps early next year, I'm sure you'll know, for now the only people that know fully about my intentions of where (if) I move to, is my family.

Edited by nightwolf

The country I plan to move to speaks English as a first language, because their first language is too difficult to learn and mostly even those native struggle.

Seriously, don't move to Wales, it's a shit hole.

If you can conquer Portuguese and German, we'll essentially have most of Europe covered. :laughing:

Oxigen_Waste, drahkon and Jonnas. Boom.

Oxigen_Waste, drahkon and Jonnas. Boom.

Threesomes.

You are doing it wrong.

Passed my theory test! Now to catch up on all the stuff I would't allow myself to do this week... NINTENDO DIRECT, PIKMIN 3, ANIMAL CROSSING, BREAKING BAD. :bouncy:

princess_cadance_and_twilight_sparkle_relaxing_by_90sigma-d6gkrmc.png

I got to brohoof Princess Cadance at work today.

No, seriously - while wandering around completing tasks at work today i noticed a little girl with her mum in reception, the kid had one of those big MLP toys with her and was looking really bored and shy, so I LE GASPED at her and, speaking to the toy, said

"oh my goodness! ROYALTY! Good morning, Princess Cadance"

The girl was obviously delighted that someone had recognised her toy.. I continued...Rarity styleey..

"WHO did your mane today? it's simply FABULOUS!!"

"I did it!!" piped up the kid (the toy's hair was plaited with a kiddie's hair tie at the end)

"Wooooowwww... I bet everypony is jealous of such a great plait!! HIGH FIVE!"

at this point the kid holds up the pony toy's hoof for me to fist bump - which i promptly do, and I walk away leaving the kid beaming and talking with her mum about Princess Cadance's mane.

Que the warm fizzies. Highlight of my day.

Based on the economic and language description, my guess would be Ireland.