NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Those other three though, they seem.....diverse?! You don't seem to care which field you study do you!

Pffff, just because I'm interested in a lot of things, doesn't mean I don't care. :p

I actually hope I get accepted for Psychology. But every other field is fine, too :)

Went out to see The World's End with my brother, his girlfriend and my other brother, film was good, went to Pizza Express after plus Wetherspoons for a quick drink before catching the last bus home; was a good night. :)

So I just signed my new contract and it's for two month more, not one.

So BOOM!

original.giforiginal.gif

Work summer do.

Free food, drink and rides. I got to hit the CEO with a bumper car way too many times ( he got his revenge) ahhh, it was so much fun!

@nightwolf turns out I'm working with Hayden's sister. SMALL WORLD TIMES FIVE. I hope you know who I'm on about

Started training my replacement today. CV win. Got a tent and sleeping bag off a mate for my juggling 'festival' tomorrow.

Hah! Small fucking world there @jayseven. Yes I know what you're talking about, though I'll admit it took me a few minutes.

I had a awesome day yesterday. Had a random day out in Manchester and the GAME store in the Arndale shopping centre had Nintendo hosting a Mario Kart time trial tournament (top gear style). It was tense and close, the 1st place prize was a giant Mario Kart trophy, 2nd and 3rd place won a smaller shell trophy. After a few rounds, it was intense and I got first place.

BQu5NnjCcAA1YW7.jpg

Here is my big first place trophy along with one I got off the star catalogue a while ago.

Edited by LukeLee

Met someone today that I've known for about ten years online (lives in Scotland) and we spent the day wandering around London. Glad that it wasn't awkward (which part of me was worried about). Always considered him like a little brother so it was great to finally meet him. Plus we tried out a restaurant I saw the other day and wanted to go back to and it was gooooood!

Not really the place for this but whatev.

Came to the sudden realisation of late that i've been in a job for 7 years I hate that has no prospects, stuck in the terrible work of retail. So I've been thinking about going back to some higher learning of sorts. I'm really interested in media, TV/Radio and the like and the producing jazz that goes along with that.

Anyways, there's a path that would allow me to end up with a degree in Media at the end of it but it means taking 5 years out from earning any sort of money. I've worked full-time for 7 years now in a job I hate and I really don't want to continue down this path. I know there's no guarantee I'd get a job i'd like even with a degree but it would give me a decent shot and I'd really like to be able to move down to London or somewhere to search for work. Aberdeen's not really the media hub of the world. One upside of having worked is that I do have a little money saved up.

Also, the challenge of doing some learning and being mentally stimulated is something I'd look forward. I know i'm capable of putting in the hard work and 5 years is a relatively short timeframe if it allows me the chance of doing something I generally love.

Anyway, would appreciate any help/ideas. (apologies for the thread hack).

Are you able to get student loans?

I would be yes.

Where would you be able to study, @JonSt? In Scotland, still? Sounds like a good plan, though, especially if you're stuck in a rut with your current job and want something new. Good luck.

Could try one of those Open University part time courses. I did that with my introduction to law.

Where would you be able to study, @JonSt? In Scotland, still? Sounds like a good plan, though, especially if you're stuck in a rut with your current job and want something new. Good luck.

I could study anywhere in the UK. Fine folks at the Scottish government will cover my tuition fees.

The open university isn't for me, it's gonna take too long doing that route and want a clean break from my current job.

I could study anywhere in the UK. Fine folks at the Scottish government will cover my tuition fees.

The open university isn't for me, it's gonna take too long doing that route and want a clean break from my current job.

Would you stay in Scooooootland or would you move to the land of the English? Or even Wales? :laughing:

I guess to keep costs down you would stay at home, but to meet new people and experience different things, you'd move away. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Would you stay in Scooooootland or would you move to the land of the English? Or even Wales? :laughing:

I guess to keep costs down you would stay at home, but to meet new people and experience different things, you'd move away. Both have their pluses and minuses.

One perk of having worked a bit is that I do have some money behind me and the whole moving away to study does appeal to me, as you say, to experience new places and people. I quite like the idea of moving to some Welsh place that I can't spell without googling :heh:

Not really the place for this but whatev.

Came to the sudden realisation of late that i've been in a job for 7 years I hate that has no prospects, stuck in the terrible work of retail. So I've been thinking about going back to some higher learning of sorts. I'm really interested in media, TV/Radio and the like and the producing jazz that goes along with that.

Anyways, there's a path that would allow me to end up with a degree in Media at the end of it but it means taking 5 years out from earning any sort of money. I've worked full-time for 7 years now in a job I hate and I really don't want to continue down this path. I know there's no guarantee I'd get a job i'd like even with a degree but it would give me a decent shot and I'd really like to be able to move down to London or somewhere to search for work. Aberdeen's not really the media hub of the world. One upside of having worked is that I do have a little money saved up.

Also, the challenge of doing some learning and being mentally stimulated is something I'd look forward. I know i'm capable of putting in the hard work and 5 years is a relatively short timeframe if it allows me the chance of doing something I generally love.

Anyway, would appreciate any help/ideas. (apologies for the thread hack).

Do it. Looking at the facts:

1) You dislike/hate your current job

2) You have some money saved up

3) You want to move field.

No decision to be made.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if the Government do pay for you to go to Uni in England anymore, I think that was removed. It certainly wasn't an option when I was applying in 2006.

Do it. Looking at the facts:

1) You dislike/hate your current job

2) You have some money saved up

3) You want to move field.

No decision to be made.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if the Government do pay for you to go to Uni in England anymore, I think that was removed. It certainly wasn't an option when I was applying in 2006.

Thanks man. Doing all the pros/cons shizzle, I really can't find a reason not to do it.

They'll cover up to a certain amount. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Education/UniversitiesColleges/16640/financial-help

Went to a wedding on Saturday. Never been to a wedding before, so i was unsure what to expect, but it was great.

Did i mention that i was the best man? Absolutely terrified about the speech; i was sure that mine was boring and that no-one would laugh, but it went so much better than i was expecting. I had so many people coming up afterwards and telling me it was the best speech they had heard at a wedding! None of them could believe it was the first one i had ever been to.

My Creative Director just warned me that things are going to start gearing up at work and to be prepared for overdrive come October/November.

...I think I basically just got my contract extended another two months.

Need a new .gif

tumblr_mpfisbTsmw1sxkocco1_400.gif

tumblr_m6tqbg4dkj1qcnueyo1_500.gif

My Creative Director just warned me that things are going to start gearing up at work and to be prepared for overdrive come October/November.

...I think I basically just got my contract extended another two months.

[/center]

You can buy two PS4s!

I'm considering buying an Xbox One. Partly because it might actually help with work, but mainly because I'll have cash to burn.

Now for the hard part, selling myself on getting an Xbox One.