NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

That's really sweet, sounds like you made the right decision...except, y'know, the drinking part.

I am not as poor as I thought I was - woohoo! I have been recently switching over banks and hadn't been able to check one of my accounts for a week and found it was a lot more than I thought. ^_^

While I'm not proud of what happened to me last night, there's something about it that makes me weirdly happy.

Not the fact that I had to spend the night in a hospital bed or that I was so goddamn drunk.

I did something I've never done in the past: I was spontaneous and went out without thinking about it.

I wanted to change, and now there's proof that I did. And it feels good.

And I've realized that I have two great friends. My mate and his girlfriend helped me last night, they called the ambulance and even picked me up from the hospital in the morning.

What a lad.

I've just got told that my mate called his mother's husband to ask him for help and to pick me up (before they had to call an ambulance). He didn't hesitate a second. I've known him since I met my mate, but we rarely see each other.

I also got told that my mate's girlfriend asked her sister for help, but she said something like "No, I want to sleep."

She actually was a good friend of mine. Now I know better.

Well I hope you're telling your mates thanks. Need to show your appreciation.

Doing it nonstop. So much, in fact, that they told me to stop, because I annoy them :D

I'm feeling much better now. Knowing that there are people who care about me and stand by me even in such a situation. I'm a very lucky guy.

This kind of falls in the middle, but I think I made an enemy.

Was in the student shop and heard a student brazenly talking about how they just cheated in an exam. Told the head of exams and he called the student in and I had to sit there in the interview room nodding awkwardly, acting as a witness.

I know it was his fault, for both cheating and bragging about it on campus, but still... Awkward.

Had an upwards week so far and it's only monday!

My visa has finally, finally, finally been lodged so I can look forward to a max of 6 weeks of waiting, then either way I'll know what's what.

Friend is going on holiday and has arranged for me to fill in for her -- so I've got 3-4 hours of work a day for 3 weeks!

A sheffield pal who resides in london came to brighton on the weekend, and another ex-sheff londoner has just said he'll drive me up north for a beer festival this weekend!

Ive got a new job!!!!

And its 8k more than what im on now!

Happy days!! Cheers for the support!

Going to tell my current firm that they can stick their redundancy up their arse.

Edited by Blade

Going to tell my current firm that they can stick their redundancy up their arse.

Have you signed the contract yet?

Have you signed the contract yet?

Not yet so may hold up doing the above.

Ive got a new job!!!!

And its 8k more than what im on now!

Happy days!! Cheers for the support!

Hang about, see if you can get them to make you redundant and get a severance package!

4 days, 10 hours of using my phone, and I still have 53% battery left. I'm happy with that.

Barcelona in 2 weeks for 4 days (and seeing Barcelona vs Real Valladolid while over there)

Alicante in 4 weeks for 7 days

As soon as we come home from Alicante, gotta pack different clothes then head off to Glasgow for 2 nights.

lots of travelling in the month ahead :)

4 days, 10 hours of using my phone, and I still have 53% battery left. I'm happy with that.

what kind of phone? sign me up.

I read it as; in 4 days, you had used your phone for 10 hours. And used up half the battery. Not that impressive when you misread it.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Watching Iron Man 3 with some friends. After that going to a restaurant/bar-thingy to eat Nachos and drink cocktails.

And then off to a disco with even more people. And my god, if the DJ doesn't play Get Lucky...there will be hell to pay.

tumblr_mep5alfV2A1qhzgwxo1_400.gif

tumblr_mau62vaigd1r3bwow.gif

Only another 3 weeks of training for me. Been out and about the last few weeks, doing the job under supervision and things are going well. I'm going to see if I can switch to permanent early shifts. A typical day starts at 4am, but I go on an empty train from Manchester to Preston or Blackburn, so I can just get my head down for an hour or two, then I don't actually work a passenger train until half six. Then I'm usually done by lunchtime. And I get paid for the whole time I'm there, meal breaks included.

Got a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this job! :D

Just got back from seeing Derren Brown. He was amazing.

What kind of stuff did he do?

what kind of phone? sign me up.

Huawei Ascend G300. I'll let you know what how long before I finally have to charge it.

What kind of stuff did he do?

He made me promise not to tell anyone.

Huawei Ascend G300. I'll let you know what how long before I finally have to charge it.

He made me promise not to tell anyone.

So ?

Got a new position at work. Sexier hours (albeit no Sunday so pay shall take a tiny hit) but I don't have to give as much of a shit about customers now and HAVE to launch into a Price Promise rant each time a receipt is printed out.

Emailed off a rough outline of my PhD research proposal to my current dissertation supervisor in the hope that he's willing to take on students in September. It's basically a continuation of my work this year but with some notable changes to actually make it more informative.

Fingers crossed he's accepting students for supervision anyway.

I have a bottle of white wine and a laptop filled with tunes and i know how to use them both to their full extent!