NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Well after the news that our wedding venue had fallen through, we've got a few places lined up to view this week.

Thornbury Castle tonight - (Even though it really shouldn't be, a major selling point to me is that Henry VIII stayed there.. Nothing to do with weddings)

and got some other places lined up all week, hopefully will find somewhere as nice as our original venue.

Finished off the spicy ramen challenge, but with a silent victory, as I only ate the final level because the guy who runs the joint announced he would be shutting up shop next month and I promised a friend to eat it the next time we eat together there. So he took pictures as it's the first time he's seen any one eat it in a while, and the new Korean exchange student who came with me ate the whole thing too!

I'm gonna be pissed but relieved if it's just some extended April fools joke!

The internet connection in my room has been balls lately, so I blocked my housemate's freeloading boyfriend's computer and iPhone and now it's fine again. Knowledge is power!

Also, speaking to my mother yesterday and she informed me that my aunt's husband was rushed to hospital (because he's a lazy dick that eats shit) and my two brothers got in a fight and the eldest was worried (somewhat reasonably) that he'd end up back in prison (long story). What amused me though is she finished up with "so, other than that nothing's really happened". I love how blasé we've become about the drama that often goes on.

Oh and only two more Fridays at work left this year*!

*or at least until July, but probably beyond that.

Oh sweet Jesus Christ, please tell me you've at least eaten something today. >_>

I had a great week: My boss wasn't in to argue with me and everybody at work, including management, thought I did the right thing, I lost 3lb and someone at work got me an Animal sticker (which is on my phone, pictures of it later because I think it looks cool) and this Animal window plaque for my car that says "I drive like an Animal" with Animal at the bottom. She got them for me because she appreciated me driving her home from work (her area is a bit rough) and she didn't want me to think she were taking advantage. Nice to feel appreciated! :D

Today at work, Excel became my spirit animal.

352mdzp.jpg

New wedding venue booked.

931a.jpg

5362-3144.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-Ushk0PpuuaZIVKV-Rkgur90cRhhY8B1GRzXTWuJJ3L7EH-FW

6780-grandh.jpg

Our wedding will not be featuring any pink, or bunting across the ceilings though :p

Man, your wedding guests will be so confused when they get an invitation to a barn.

"Well, I always did say she was a bit of a cow."

^That guy's more rude than confused.

931a.jpg

5362-3144.jpg

6780-grandh.jpg

Our wedding will not be featuring any pink, or bunting across the ceilings though :p

Congrats Man! :D

I look forward to N-E's invite to the reception! ;)

6780-grandh.jpg

I get really confused as to why people like to cover up chairs with sheets and put bows round them. The venue looks awesome, was it quite expensive compared to other venues? I know that when Dan's brother was looking at venues in England, he initially wanted a barn but was put off by the cost.

I get really confused as to why people like to cover up chairs with sheets and put bows round them.

Well going by my mother's wedding, it's to hide the chairs with something that looks better!

I get really confused as to why people like to cover up chairs with sheets and put bows round them.

It looks a lot better than old, worn, normal chairs. Also you can use the bows to fit in with any colour schemes.

It looks silly in the top one, but it looks good in the dining rooms.

It may look better, but that shit is expensive. £4 per chair! Multiply that by 100 guests and you're spending £400 on chair coverings...

I get really confused as to why people like to cover up chairs with sheets and put bows round them. The venue looks awesome, was it quite expensive compared to other venues? I know that when Dan's brother was looking at venues in England, he initially wanted a barn but was put off by the cost.

As everyone else has said, it's just to cover the chairs that they have there in an attempt to make them look better on the day for pictures.

we're having black chair covers..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCf_QAEfFiGRNRlxLykarR0fafKsPb1Q7cZbzcDQkkXvt44EBV

Weddings are indeed not cheap.

We've still got to get Heather's dress, Bridesmaids dresses, My suit & best man / usher's suits and the Cake.

Flowers, Photographer, Wedding Car, DJ, Evening Buffet all sorted so far.

Oh and still need the favours for the guests, the mother's presents, the best man gift, the bridesmaids gifts.

We're spending this money and so far it seems everyone is getting gifts and food from us.

I can't wait to start the wedding gift list, gunna go mental on that.

Coolness Bears - Life in the fast lane.

I got up at left the house at 7:30 this morning to go for a swim. :) Upon arrival into the changing rooms my eyes were met with another naked oldman. This time with his pants round his ankles, it looked like I'd caught him in the act but just like usual he remained unfussed.

I aspire to be that naked oldman but for now I'll change in the toilets ashamed of my body. :p

I did about 60 lengths today. :D I think I lost a few pounds. (£5.80 it cost to get in)

Then I decided to walk home which took about 45 minutes, 30 of which I thought I was lost, 5 of which I admired a bridge and 10 were spent thinking I was about to die. In my past life I'd have been a wandering soothsayer. :grin:

Good morning, all!

I woke up at 10am and didn't get out of bed until 11.15. Gil Scott Heron's "The Revolution Will Not be Televised" was on the radio.

It may look better, but that shit is expensive. £4 per chair! Multiply that by 100 guests and you're spending £400 on chair coverings...

Yeah they are. The girls who were part of the Grad Ball committee really wanted to get them for our Grad Ball. At this point we were already strapped for cash.

As usual the girls won the debate (it was 10 girls, 2 guys. We always got outvoted).

They also managed to get 'Butlers in the buff' at massive cost, when they knew we didn't have any money at all. These were conveniently arranged and agreed upon when myself and the other guy wasn't present as they knew we'd kick up a fuss.

It's not the fact that it was naked men that bothered me, it was the fact it was meant to be a smart business event!

How strange. Just seems like unnecessary spending to me. But each to their own.

My good stuff is that it's currently the Easter holidays and the cold weather is going.

Oh and I had a totally awesome time in Hong Kong!

I got an apology on facebook from a girl i had to carry home a few weeks ago because she reached a state of such inhebriation that she was unable to walk or form a coherent sentence. It also seemed to cause a rather large number of mood swings. One minute she was saying thank over and over again, the next she was spitting in my face and calling me a pathetic waste of a human being. Then when i finally got her home she puked on my lap and passed out. Fun times were had by all.

I got an apology on facebook from a girl i had to carry home a few weeks ago because she reached a state of such inhebriation that she was unable to walk or form a coherent sentence. It also seemed to cause a rather large number of mood swings. One minute she was saying thank over and over again, the next she was spitting in my face and calling me a pathetic waste of a human being. Then when i finally got her home she puked on my lap and passed out. Fun times were had by all.

You might want to keep quiet about that.