NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

AH, I just assumed they used it, obviously I was wrong so, obviously I never went to their site :heh:

I had no idea Charlie was Moria until now either.

I swear i turn my back for a second.....

Ah sorry I should be more specific, N-Gamer.com wasn't related to cube-europe, it was a... shall we say competitor website I once helped out on for Great King Bowser and pdhq64, with the help of jayseven and a few others :p I reviewed a few games on there, we were popular enough to get review copies of games, but not enough to stay afloat for long. It closed and only the forums were running for most of 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031228040109/http://n-gamer.com/

Edit: this is my THUG review :heh:http://web.archive.org/web/20040119013607/http://www.n-gamer.com/modules.php?module=reviews&id=42

I think we need a nostalg'd threadrip here :D

I thought I was a special loser because my 10 year anniversary was last week but apparently not.

Then again, I've been working for the site that whole time (with the odd sebatical).

Apparently if it gets lost, it just goes to one of your most visited sites. That's what i heard.

Traded in -

Madden 2012

Grand Slam Tennis 2

NFS Shift

Formula 1 2010

NBA 2k11

Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Fight Night round 4....

Got £40 for them, pretty chuffed with that, it'll go towards Pokemon Black & White 2 this weekend, Although Dishonored and XCOM come this weekend too :hmm:

Man' date=' those names. Such a shame so many of the threads aren't archived there -- I feel really bad because some usernames are super familiar but I can't actually remember ANYTHING about the poster...

Meroigo..[/quote']

Here's something remember him by.

Fun fact: Meroigo eventually ended up moving to Japan.

The other day whilst meditating I returned to my physical body so all is well. :grin:

I had a delicious meal yesterday in London. Cauliflower soup with Parmasan cheese and then like pork on mash. (all this was put much nicer and in french on the menu :heh:)

I also got a new camera so I can take pictures on my travels which is in 18 days time. :D

My friend gave me a hug today that was the first genuine hug I've felt for a while. Not this usual "oh goodbye" hugs, but something that felt nice. And I don't even normally like hugs.

Aaaaaaaanyway.

The systems in work are being "fixed", so we are only able to give out general advice all day. Been here since 11:15 and not one call as of yet. It's all good, but i'm getting bored quickly. Good thing i got a few books to read, certainly helping pass the time.

For some reason when i imagined you giving out 'general advice', i imagined Manny from Black Books:

"Add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon, you'll soak yourself calm"

Well, work is bloody amazing! Like, I can't believe the stuff that's happened! It started yesterday when I started doing my shifts for this week and I saw on the noticeboard something different so I had a nose. A customer has only given head office a seriously awesome e-mail complementing me!!! Here's what the e-mail said:

I would like for you to turn your attention to Birmingham as they have provided excellent customer service. One, in particular, from an assistant called Darren. My daughter and I were looking for running shoes and he gave out fantastic advice on the appropriate footwear. He gave us all of his time and he really cared about us finding the right shoes. He recommended we get odour control insoles and shoe fresh spray and we just could not say no to him. I have told my friends and my family about his amazing service and have highly recommended that they should go to Brantano in Birmingham if they ever need any footwear. He is truly an asset to your company and if I ever need any footwear in future, I will be sure to return to that store for his advice!

...and if that wasn't crazy enough, I did get that mention in the monthly newsletter as well as another colleague who I work with. Me and her kind of work together so it's awesome she got a mention too. So this one says:

...and a big well done to Darren for achieving 3.5% shoe care (it's supposed to be 2.5% so it's 'fantastic' that my percentage is that high already) and he has also collected 187 e-mail addresses since the store opened six weeks ago (he is only an 8 hour sales assistant too!). His managers would like to say how proud they are of what he has achieved so far and look forward to these results in the future. What a great review to complete!

....and if THAT wasn't enough, I had a customer today compliment me to my boss, saying how "I'm absolutely fantastic" and how "they've never seen an assistant so happy to help and genuinely mean it" before. Oh, and I have a "gorgeous smile". My boss said to them that I'm going to go really far in the company to them, which was awesome to hear. After they went, he turned to me and said "I've never seen anyone get so many compliments like this before, the store just keeps on getting positive comments and feedback about the staff" so it's just awesome. Very, very happy! :D

A customer has only given head office a seriously awesome e-mail complementing me!!!

I had a customer today compliment me to my boss, saying how "I'm absolutely fantastic" and how "they've never seen an assistant so happy to help and genuinely mean it" before. Oh, and I have a "gorgeous smile".

You're welcome. ;)

Oh, and I accept payment through paypal or postal order.

Great to read you've got a job you enjoy that you're good at, Animal. Job satisfaction seems to be a rarity! Well done :)

Me, good at my job? If the shoe fits.

Thats amazing, especially the e-mail. People will be the first to complain but it takes a great deal for them to compliment. Super high five.

Yes well done! Imagine how many compliments you'd get if you were a woman!

Great to read you've got a job you enjoy that you're good at' date=' Animal. Job satisfaction seems to be a rarity! Well done :)[/quote']

I never ever thought I'd be good at this job at all. I didn't think I'd get as far as I have. I'm actually genuinely really happy with my job right now but I would kill for more hours. I'm not complaining about my job but 8 hours isn't much at all! But yeah, I'm extremely happy and I feel good after a shift at work, which is rare! Thanks Jay! :)

Thats amazing, especially the e-mail. People will be the first to complain but it takes a great deal for them to compliment. Super high five.

I know yeah, my manager said the same thing. She said that people who complain will remember bad service forever but the fact that somebody actually took the time to go home and give me an e-mail is more amazing than I think. Thinking about it, I'd have never thought about e-mailing the company but I'd have spoken to the boss. It just makes me seriously happy that I made someone that happy that they took the time to e-mail about me. Just shows that there are some really thoughtful people out there! Super high fives! :D

Yes well done! Imagine how many compliments you'd get if you were a woman!

Thanks Bob, I do have moobs so maybe if I flash a bit of mancleavage, who knows! :p

I never ever thought I'd be good at this job at all. I didn't think I'd get as far as I have. I'm actually genuinely really happy with my job right now but I would kill for more hours. I'm not complaining about my job but 8 hours isn't much at all! But yeah, I'm extremely happy and I feel good after a shift at work, which is rare! Thanks Jay! :)

They believe in you, so surely they want to offer you more hours - perhaps it's a case of finding the hours to free up. If you can't have more hours unless someone else quits, is that ok with you? Would you be willing to move stores/live elsewhere for more hours? If you keep getting recognition from your superiors then eventually surely you can join them :P

As the inevitable consequence of my latest purchase, I have begun a Harry Potter marathon! I've watched the first four films today and will watch the final four tomorrow. :D

Next week is an important week.

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. One hour each day. Three exams. If I pass, one of the milestones in my Air Traffic Control career will be reached.

I feel confident, I feel good, and I feel fucking great :D

Go me!

I have finished my Harry Potter marathon, and it was glorious. I love those films. Watching them back to back, they feel like one great movie.

One great movie? I might have to try that, as watching them separately feels like watching eight average movies.