NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Hello Tom! You probably don't remember me. So you're bringing the marriage haunting from facebook to n-e, are you? Well thanks a ruddy bunch!

(The cruise sounds fantastic, mad jelly here)

I do remember you, so consider yourself officially 'remembered' and you are welcome to derive self-esteem from that fact :-)

I'll do my best to bring as much flaunting of marriages to N-E as I can. Everyone seems to be getting married at the moment - including my own I went to 5 weddings last year and there's at least 3 next year. Far worse that too many weddings however is children. Several of last year's marriages have now produced offspring which I am expected to show an interest in. Photos of these offspring clutter of my Facebook feed too. Humph.

I am currently the other side of the world, and as a consequence I have only missed 3 weddings so far - one that I had an invite to, while I tell myself that the lucky couples of the other two knew I'd not be able to make it, so instead saved the paper, for the good of mankind.

I've also been invited to a wedding in greece (sister's husband's sister... so sister-in-law) but that, too, is a bit of a slap in the face.

And none of my important friends have had children yet, so it's ok.

You probably don't remember me. Do you? DO YOU REMEMBER ME???

*wants to be remembered*

Anyway are you going to stick around? You've arrived just as we've had a discussion about how quiet it's gotten here, and another one about how everyone is getting married.

You're remembered too and are consequently entitled to a self-esteem boost like J7. Anyone who joined the forum in Sept 05 from N64-E, C-E or R-E can be confident of being remembered and specific queries are unnecessary!

I don't know if I'll stick around to be honest. I just got curious and whilst I'm off work sick I have some time in the day to kill.

Anyone who joined the forum in Sept 05 from N64-E, C-E or R-E can be confident of being remembered and specific queries are unnecessary!

bebaa.jpg

Hello N-E! Long time no see, hope you are all well. Nice to see a few names I recognise are still posting.

Good stuff - It's my first wedding anniversary on Monday! Traditionally this is the paper anniversary so I have just finished making a fancy card (it's paper) with a complicated origami heart on it. Actually I don't know if it's complicated or not, but it was my first ever attempt at origami so it seemed complicated to me.

Nothing says I love you like Papercraft, specifically Nintendo Papercraft.

http://nintendopapercraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Enjoy.

Am I remembered?

No?

Never mind, then. :sad:

I just got back online after five days without an internet connection. I'm glad to see that I didn't miss anything interesting on N-E! I had a dream that Shorty told me about a thread he deleted where people had been listing their most disliked N-E members, but hopefully that didn't actually happen.

Welcome back Tom :)

So the wedding went off without a hitch in spite of the hitches. Won't go into the full story but things that happened:

• Everyone running on a few hours sleep = stress and short fuses
  • Cat escaped as we were trying to leave. Resulting in a few of us doing rolling dives over the hedge into the neighbour's garden
  • Groom dropping me off at a shop to get something and promptly falling asleep (stress induced) in the car. When I finally found him I had to slap him awake.
  • Somehow got roped into decorating the car. The driver said "I don't know how to" to which I wanted to reply "I DON'T EVEN OWN A CAR!"
  • Brother's pregnant girlfriend had a car accident on the way home (but is fine)
  • Not long after we (me, my new stepbrother and his mother) got home there was a knock on the door - the groom's alcholic brother had locked himself out so we had to make up the sofa bed and frantically remove all alcohol from the house and lock all doors (in case he went for a smoke and let the cat loose).

But in spite of all that it went well and everyone seemed happy enough.

Now just deciding on the wedding album photos. Need to get those printed tomorrow because I'm heading back to London on Sunday and we're talking about having a family BBQ on Saturday and I want to give it as a gift.

A large letter from Japan arrived today and there was a Certificate of Eligibility inside =3

All I've gotta do now is go to the embassy and hand it over, receiving a 1 year and 3 month student visa! Hwoaaaaargh, I'm shitting bricks now.

Went to my company's summer bash (well the NYC one) rooftop party facing the New Yorker, free booze/food and the people were awesome.

Go a little too drunk, but totally worth it. Felt like I was in a movie.

Wheeeee! ^_^.

Finally finished the artwork for my new song. When I start I get god damn possessed and won't stop. Now to suit up and head tonight :)

Actually I think mcj was having some kind of copy paste meltdown.

Ha! I didn't even realise we weren't in an appropriate thread. :heh: That creates some funny situations sometimes when you erroneously identify a thread.

Erm. Is anyone else seeing my video in mcj's post?

I'm seeing the full trailer for James Bond: SkyFall in his post...

I think we are just seeing the last video we watched before viewing the page. Im seeing a Giant Bomb quick look.

It's weird. It's basically showing what you last watched on youtube, or something.

I think it's something to do with the YouTubeHD tags. When you copy and paste the link from his post, you get his video (adding the youtube bit at the front, obviously).

It's certainly not showing the last video I watched. Unless I was somehow sleep-browsing and stumbled upon a Turrattack video.