NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Just right click the link in your post and save as.

I've got the momentum for a possible substantial romance in the works. Let's say...I'm happy. I'm feeling very much in control and independent of this -- something I need. We've just done some typical beginning stuff; went to a Korean restaurant that had the most beautiful food, watched movies etc.

He'll be leaving for Singapore the 19th (of course) but luckily this time he is actually coming back in August. Awkward timing but I am feeling something could work.

..................tumblr_m4uu4tJ5dh1rws698o1_500.gif

Found out I passed my module, which means I'm going to Japan in 3 months or less O___O

I hear that some have started rioting at the news..

Found out the other job at Tesco is as good as mine. Less hours but more monies. Another downside is that it may not be as much of a doss about as my current job is.

I found out that me and my future housemate as well as getting the house are going to New York with work for 8 weeks.

The timeline of our reactions:

tumblr_m5gul4j74S1r4pfoo.gif

tumblr_m5guodgliE1r4pfoo.gif

tumblr_m5gvjuyENo1r4pfoo.gif

tumblr_m5gv3adrIq1r4pfoo.gif

tumblr_m5gpudnlq41ql92wc.gif

:D

I am so jealous at the above that I am in pain. It has dwarfed my good news, and I was already in a questionable/foul/self-loathing/hated-at-life/and-myself/annoying/stressed-out mood anyway, so now I bLAAAAAAARRRRRRRHHHHH., Anyway.

---------

We are 1st in the Investment Competition again. Three updates/weeks left. Eep. I want to win.

Local pizza place tries bullshitting me saying I haven't spent enough for minimum delivery.

Needless to say, I came out victorious with my patented "Nevermind then" strategy, forcing them to give in.

I got a studentship placement for the summer and it's paid too. I will be testing sensors that will be used on people with dementia to monitor them. It's all very cool. As well as that I had some really good interviews for other placements, so I hope I get them too.

Yesterday I got my exam results back - a mixture of A's and B's that left my GPA just above the threshold for a first, thereby ensuring my acceptance onto the 5 year integrated masters course.

Then I had my final phone interview which I passed with flying colours and I now have a job for the summer starting Monday!

Found a new house for next year (aka July...), sharing with a couple of friends from my course. We all get good sized double bedrooms and a large lounge - perfect for my 50" plasma :heh:

Also got the marks back for my final module - 71.2! Means I ended the year like I started it, with a distinction. The marks in between weren't too bad either (only once went below 65)!

Motorways are the safest roads to drive on, just keep your distance, plan well ahead and you'll be fine. They're very predictable and with a bit of experience, you can easily anticipate pretty much everything that happens on them.

Oh, and don't hog the middle lane!

If you need any advice, give me a shout :)

It wasn't bad actually, i quite enjoyed it! It was raining quite bad as well so that was good experience.

My worry now is driving for the first time alone, in a hire car that will most likely be petrol based (i learnt in a petrol car at first and then changed to a diesel which i found a lot easier for some reason) and having to drive from birmingham to pretty much london on my first ever drive. The car (i have no idea what car either) won't come until monday morning, leaving me no time to get used to it or anything. Argh! Any advice?

I got a studentship placement for the summer and it's paid too. I will be testing sensors that will be used on people with dementia to monitor them. It's all very cool. As well as that I had some really good interviews for other placements, so I hope I get them too.

How many do you want? :p

I am so jealous at the above that I am in pain. It has dwarfed my good news, and I was already in a questionable/foul/self-loathing/hated-at-life/and-myself/annoying/stressed-out mood anyway, so now I bLAAAAAAARRRRRRRHHHHH., Anyway.

---------

We are 1st in the Investment Competition again. Three updates/weeks left. Eep. I want to win.

I so soweee :cry:

It wasn't bad actually, i quite enjoyed it! It was raining quite bad as well so that was good experience.

My worry now is driving for the first time alone, in a hire car that will most likely be petrol based (i learnt in a petrol car at first and then changed to a diesel which i found a lot easier for some reason) and having to drive from birmingham to pretty much london on my first ever drive. The car (i have no idea what car either) won't come until monday morning, leaving me no time to get used to it or anything. Argh! Any advice?

The reason you found it easier in a diesel is that you don't need as much gas to set off in them. Just make sure you rev the engine a bit more than you normally would and you should hopefully get used to it after a few moves away. Just take your time, don't get flustered if you do something wrong and you should be fine. As for the motorway, just stay in the left lane at first till you get used to it, then try some overtaking when you feel more confident. Just watch out for any cars joining, and say if another lane joins your motorway from the left, make sure you watch out for faster traffic joining and then move over when you can if you aren't overtaking anything. If you're following a sat nav, it may tell you to "keep right" but if the road layout looks like you can stay in the left lane, then do so. These are some types of gantry signs you may come across:

This is a bog standard gantry sign. Notice how the exit sign is above and to the left of the main route. It means that there is an exit ahead for the A1(M) but you can still use all three lanes to go on the M62. So if the sat nav says "keep right" you don't have to move over.

MES4457.jpg

Same with the next ones, above and to the left means any lane can be used to go straight on

MES4458.jpg

MES4457.jpg

The next image shows the gantry signs side by side. It means you must use the left lane only to go on the M4, the two lanes next to it to go to Heathrow and the three right lanes are for the M25 only

MotorwayGantrySign_MinimumChangeButTheWestIsSuperfluous.png

A simpler example - two left lanes leave, you need the three right lanes to stay on

M8_B01.jpg

This means the left lane only goes to the M49 and there's an exit just afterwards to the A4. The three right lanes are for the M5. So the car on the extreme left is going to the A4. The lorry goes to the M5

2214698_7af45263.jpg

Hope this helps you as selecting the correct lane can throw people off. Sometimes I see people dawdling in the middle lane when they could be in the left.

Oh, and make sure you know where stuff like your lights, demisters and wipers are before you set off!

Edited by Dog-amoto

I have a Steam key for Bastion, which I've already played, should anyone fancy it - I guess that counts as good stuff. :heh: PM me if you're interested.

I so soweee :cry:

Haha, I'm a cunt at my last post. Seriously that is....god an insanely amazing opportunity. Well done/good luck.

I feel a bit/lot better. Went for my second football training session, had painful legs at first for some reason (unfit, or whatever) and it was good, then my best bud and I stayed behind and talked women, sex, each other, etc and it was great.

Invincible tomorrow, and good after work events/plans, just gotta power through what will likely be a pretty god damn boring day.

A simpler example - two left lanes leave, you need the three right lanes to stay on

M8_B01.jpg

If you find yourself on this particular road (the M8 through Glasgow), which I drive regularly my advice is this:

1) Forget everything you know about driving

2) Undertake people instead of overtake as that's the done thing

3) Drive right up the person's in front of you arse

4) Drive at least 10mph faster than the stated limit (50mph), even if there are police about

And you'll be doing the same as everyone else!

The M8 is Glasgow is awful, there are regular points where there are cars joining and leaving on the right hand side. Points where you have to come off the motorway to come back on and then leave from your proper junction as there are barriers in the way.

Went for my second football training session, had painful legs at first for some reason (unfit, or whatever) and it was good, then my best bud and I stayed behind and talked women, sex, each other, etc and it was great.
When did this happen? Can you play?... or is this the start of?

I have been moved to the email team at work, yay!

I requested this a few weeks ago but at the time I got told it probably wouldn't happen for a while. But then suddenly they seemed to need an extra person on the emails and they had 3 new people coming in on the phone lines, so I have been moved. =D

I still dislike the job and doing emails all day might be boring, but hopefully it means I won't be as stressed out as I was on the phone lines.

Though so far they seem to do everything they can to still have me do phone calls too when it is busy, booh (was on it all day yesterday and then this morning too).

But yay!

If you find yourself on this particular road (the M8 through Glasgow), which I drive regularly my advice is this:

1) Forget everything you know about driving

2) Undertake people instead of overtake as that's the done thing

3) Drive right up the person's in front of you arse

4) Drive at least 10mph faster than the stated limit (50mph), even if there are police about

And you'll be doing the same as everyone else!

The M8 is Glasgow is awful, there are regular points where there are cars joining and leaving on the right hand side. Points where you have to come off the motorway to come back on and then leave from your proper junction as there are barriers in the way.

Voted the second worst road in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6398151.stm

When did this happen? Can you play?... or is this the start of?

Started last week, I say "training", just being trained by a few friends at work, learning the basics and such, cos I want to be more active, and its just fun etc. There is a work five-a-side on Thursdays, that is my target hopefully.

Today was just the second time. I went last week with no stuff (canvas shoes etc...lol nightmare) but got some boots, socks, shorts and a kit (Romania I think. Looks like Spain whooo), shall take a photo next time, but I LOVE my boots.

542404_10151818244330581_625610960_n.jpg

Watched the first episode of Breaking Bad. So fucking good. :awesome:

Started last week, I say "training", just being trained by a few friends at work, learning the basics and such, cos I want to be more active, and its just fun etc. There is a work five-a-side on Thursdays, that is my target hopefully.

Today was just the second time. I went last week with no stuff (canvas shoes etc...lol nightmare) but got some boots, socks, shorts and a kit (Romania I think. Looks like Spain whooo), shall take a photo next time, but I LOVE my boots.

542404_10151818244330581_625610960_n.jpg

Nice! Sounds good Reznaldo! :D

Why not England or the actual Spain kit? :p