NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I should go to Brighton as its only a few steps away but...have yet to.

Had a weird but good day. At work we had an 'away day' about our new online learning environment and I had to give two presentations. So of course I wore my tightest formal trousers and my lightening bolt belt that points to my crotch because that's what I do. The presentations seemed to go well. The first one I used Prezi so at least it was visually interesting. The second one was supposed to be 2:45-3 but I didn't go on until after 3 and as things had gotten wildly off topic in the few talks preceding me I kept things brief and let my crotch do all the talking.

Then we put a deposit down on a flat!

I kick ass at my job. I'd go into more details but NDAs and all that.

What's that? Microsoft's next console isn't actually a next console, but an insanely cheap Xbox 360 with no disk drive focused around XBLA, Kinect and the media functions?

I don't know about that. Not that I could say anything if I did. So maybe I do. But I actually don't.

I do know that the Wii U is utterly lame.

COUNTDOWN TO MADNESS DAY 3.

So yesterday i heard a voice that was separate from me that shouted "BE GONE BE GONE THIS IS MY PERSONAL LAB."

It was weird.

Other than that I have sunk a lot of time into my roguelike game ZHP on my Vita (9 hours in)

More than that though today I wrote up another 1323 words of my dissertation and now it is essentially complete. Every section is written up and I have to just pad it all out. :grin:

Choosing to stay at University instead of going home has proven worth wile thus far. :smile:

I also want to work with Cats.

I NEED TO GET INTO THE CAT BUSINESS.

Oh it's sunny outside.

*closes the curtains*

:yay:

I do know that the Wii U is utterly lame.

Haha.. that made me laugh, even though I hope it's not true :heh:

Two weeks of holiday begins today. Very very happy. LA, Vegas, Redwood Forrest. Going to be most excellent I feel.

Sunshine, alcohol and a lovely garden to sit in with friends... the most beautiful of combinations :D And as a bonus, the revision class I had this afternoon ended early so more sunshine, alcohol, and garden times

Probably not the best idea when you have the final draft of your dissertation due on Friday by 4 and you haven't finished redrafting the intro, the methods, the results or the discussion but hey, it had to be done :laughing:

New shift pattern, I'll be doing 6am til 6pm four on, four off, it means I get a full four days off every week.

When it starts I pretty much get 6 days off for free, no holidays book.

YEAH!

Had a nice evening with Ashley and Daft on the Southbank. Very warm and there was a saxophone in the background honking away, it was quite lovely!

Oh yeah and that happened.

But mostly the fun. thing :p

Yeah it was a pleasant evening actually. First summery evening of the year whereby I've just sat outside enjoying the weather.

I got a call about seeing a flat today.

Also my phone case came.

I'm excited about both <3

After 7 years of employment (in one single temporary job) I FINALLY have word that its going to become permanent.... And I won't have to reapply because my long term service entitles me to a perm position... Surviving the economic downturn, for the win.

Had a nice evening with Ashley and Daft on the Southbank. Very warm and there was a saxophone in the background honking away, it was quite lovely!

That so that's what you were busy doing!

Fine, don't invite me! @Ashley

Edited by Ellmeister

Dissertation finished and submitted!!! :yay:

Finally..... it's all over. Never again will I have to read a psycholinguistics paper, at least I hope I don't have to.

Off to the pub garden to have a much deserved reward of alcohol after several weeks of non-stop work on the damned thing.

New T-Shirt just arrived in the post from a friend of mine in the Philippines... my own brand of clothing line has begun :heh:

SV200277.jpg

Got tickets for the fun. gig.

Got a new fun. shirt.

Adventure Time season one dvd announced.

Two hour lunch in which I drank cider.

Returned to work to find a bottle of wine open.

Done pretty much no work today. Good times.

Wesley has possessed me!

Work was awesome thanks to this petrol rush. Despite clear signs saying we have no diesel/normal unleaded, people still feel they need to drive in just to see if we were joking* then drive off after giving us evils as if it was our fault. Some also thought that maybe the pump they drove to was a decoy, so have to reverse and check each pump, in case one will dispense fuel. Dumb fucks. It's all been rather amusing.

*Before opening, we had a technical issue. Some dumb bitch pressed the emergency stop button and rang the duty manager asking if they have any jerry cans and could open the petrol station for her. Since it seems she had shut down the entire forecourt I coned off the entrance whilst I rang the helpdesk to have it sorted. Some customers considered this some sort of challenge and thought the cones were actually a test and if they were able to drive around them, they would be rewarded with norma priced unleaded. HA, buy the super unleaded like everyone else.

Haha, it's crazy! People were paying 149.9 yesterday to get petrol, idiots.

I went go karting with work, outside track, it was awesome doing up to 70mph. :D Such a good time.

I went go karting with work, outside track, it was awesome doing up to 70mph. :D Such a good time.
My god that sounds amazing, just what I could do with!!

I need to go Go Karting/find an great track somewhere!

My god that sounds amazing, just what I could do with!!

I need to go Go Karting/find an great track somewhere!

It's round the corner from me, it's pretty awesome, we get trips every so often, easter egg hunt next week and a meal out :D.

Working for Spotify can be pretty awesomes. Fact. :love:

It's round the corner from me, it's pretty awesome, we get trips every so often, easter egg hunt next week and a meal out :D.

Working for Spotify can be pretty awesomes. Fact. :love:

Well get you with your awesome work trips! They do sound like a good company.

Go karting would make for a great N-E meet of some kind tbh!

Well get you with your awesome work trips! They do sound like a good company.

Go karting would make for a great N-E meet of some kind tbh!

Haha, indeed.

Apparently it is damn expensive:

http://www.redlodgekarting.com/endurance.html

We did the 1200m so it's about 80quid a head and there were 20 of us, it could be interesting to get the n-ers on this though! :D