NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I just put in an offer for a car. £1400. When that (and the increased insurance) goes out of my bank, I'm not gonna have a lot of money left.

But look how pretty it is:

$(KGrHqIOKpME3tSe!b3NBOLGkRrbFQ~~_12.JPG

(That's the actual one)

EDIT: He just rang up, she's accepted my offer.

Edited by MoogleViper

But look how pretty it is:

(That's the actual one)

Is it parked behind that ugly silver Alfa?

Was that an offer for a sex change?

He's selling it on behalf of his daughter.

£1400... how many miles has it done!

Is it parked behind that ugly silver Alfa?

I think that must be the first time Alfa and ugly ahve been in the same sentence.

OH NO YOU DITN'T!

HA! Major burn though.

Still. £1400 for an 02 reg seems....good? Is that....is that right? I don't know. I'm getting a car in the £1500-£2000 range soon and had been told to aim for 01-02 ish. Sweet.

OH NO YOU DITN'T!

HA! Major burn though.

Still. £1400 for an 02 reg seems....good? Is that....is that right? I don't know. I'm getting a car in the £1500-£2000 range soon and had been told to aim for 01-02 ish. Sweet.

1500 was there asking price and that's a fairly decent, around the mark price for the car. It's an Alfa so they depreciate like a stone (such a stupid saying, a stone doesn't depreciate at all, I've also heard it as brick, but a house is made of brick/stone, and they don't depreciate, they tend upwards). An equivalent Audi A3 (which was a similar competitor when new) would cost more.

I think you're missing the point of the brick/stone analogy :heh:. Nice one on the car though, what kinda insurance quotes you getting?

Passed 1st year uni with an average of over 80% :) Shame it doesn't count towards the final degree but hopefully useful when applying for Masters and work experience.

I think that must be the first time Alfa and ugly ahve been in the same sentence.

Yeah I know. It was just too good a burn to pass up. For the record, I like Alfas.

You have to remember though that it's an Alfa. So he'll probably have to spend that much again each year on repairs when it breaks down.

Couldn't believe my luck today. Met my long-lost brother, in what you could call a family re-union, brings a tear to my eyes. First time i've seen my brother for over 6 years, which was too long.

provnconc1.jpg

provnconcw.jpg

Sorry..............., getting emotional!!

You have to remember though that it's an Alfa. So he'll probably have to spend that much again each year on repairs when it breaks down.

Don't be stupid.

It'll be cheaper to buy a new one next year, duh.

Couldn't believe my luck today. Met my long-lost brother, in what you could call a family re-union, brings a tear to my eyes. First time i've seen my brother for over 6 years, which was too long.

provnconc1.jpg

provnconcw.jpg

Sorry..............., getting emotional!!

OMG! Please tell me that is the Provocative Donkey!

That car for 63k looks well looked after, nice find!

My friend met me in Sheffield today, was lovely, had lunch and bought a few bits and piece, was nice to be away from the house, also applied for another job. Staying positive, for now :D.

I just cooked the very first meal completely on my own! :D Granted, it was very simple, and I should maybe have given a bit more time on the stove, but overall I'm just happy that I didn't burn the house down. :heh:

After all, he did leave you Rez. Perhaps this was the reason he left home.

That car for 63k looks well looked after, nice find!

My friend met me in Sheffield today, was lovely, had lunch and bought a few bits and piece, was nice to be away from the house, also applied for another job. Staying positive, for now :D.

The best thing is, because it's not a common car, there aren't many around. I'd been to view one in Barnsley, and was looking at cars in St Helens, Birmingham, Manchester. Then I saw this for sale, just a few miles down the road, in the village that I went to school in.

I came home from a shit day at work to a nice box of chocolates and Disney's Ratatouille on Blu-Ray from Rez. Oh.. and I had battered sausage and chips from the chip shop for dinner, yumz.