NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I thought I had explained it:

Goafer insulted fish's spelling. Then for a joke he said that his spelling relies on spell cheque (sorry). However in that post he deliberately misspelled words but wrote other, similar words that wouldn't have shown up on spell check.

Nolan then made a joke based on the fact that in america there wouldn't be a spelling of cheque and they call it check.

Are you happy now?

Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. Nobody's that interested and the frog dies.

Yeah I got all that, except that I thought Nolan was referring to check the verb, and so saying that it should be spelt spell checker, and not that he was referring that the word cheque should be spelt check.

I just finished watching the last episode of Big Love. It was a nice ending. :smile:

I especially enjoyed the part where Bill got shot in cold blood.

Okay, you can get back to discussing frogs and over-explaining jokes now.

Just wrote the most pretentious reflective essay ever.

At the beginning of the year, I was scared of all the options on my digital SLR. Now I see them as opportunities, as tools to push myself further.

Photography has captured me, and now I will become the capturer.

hynotoad-animated-frog-image.gif

I think you'll find that's a hypnotoad.

My friend from Prague works in a bank's fraud department. The Czech checks cheques.

Edited by The fish

Just wrote the most pretentious reflective essay ever.

At the beginning of the year, I was scared of all the options on my digital SLR. Now I see them as opportunities, as tools to push myself further.

Photography has captured me, and now I will become the capturer.

I'm awful at English so don't take my word, but capturer sounds weird, for some reason I want to say captor.

Hypnotoad**

Look at the image's URL - I copied and pasted it from there without thinking.

I'm awful at English so don't take my word, but capturer sounds weird, for some reason I want to say captor.

They're synonymous, though I've heard captor used more, especially when referring to something that remains in captivity.

It didn't come up as wrong on Word so I used it! It sounded better than captor to me...

They're synonymous, though I've heard captor used more, especially when referring to something that remains in captivity.

I thought as much, I was going to add on my previous post that captor was a bit more fritzl than photographer.

You're all the frog.

We are all the frog....*drool*

Went to my first meeting at the Banbury Camera Club with my friend from work. We were the only people under 30 (probably 40).

It was ace though. Tonights meeting was a lecture/presentation/slideshow by Micki Aston about her journey through the Antarctic. Some of her photos were incredible. The fact that they were done on film, with no digital processing was unbelievable.

I am the mountain!

And yet you still wont let me mount you :(

Anyway my winning streak continues. Won two tickets for my mother and her partner tickets to see Kylie next month.

Well timed as their work keeps treating them like shit. Also kind of sorts out my mother's day present, just going to pay for the hotel.

They said the same thing. And I even bought one last week upon request. Bloody waste of £2. TWO POUNDS! I could have gotten half an hour with Ellmeister's mother for that.

I am the mountain!

mountain.jpg

Paul-Evans-Sea-Sparkle-107625.jpg

'You can't take that away from me!'

3422085203_34f4c55bf1.jpg

Fire drill at work...

that passed a nice 30 minutes, and it was nice and warm outside too. Lovely job!