NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

What we normally do is forward the customer's details to Loss Preventions at head office, who then inform the police, who investigate and if necessary make steps to recover the money that is owed and/or prosecute the customer if any wrongdoing is found to have occurred

I'm fairly certain I'm all good on that front. It was her idea to split the pack (I had asked if I could "swap this one for a single one", not split the pack) and she took care of the refund part. She asked how much I had paid and I said "£150" ,referring to how much I had paid for both. I had the receipt with me too, told her I had it and left it on the counter the whole time. Don't think she looked at it though.

Admittedly, I could have said something at the time, but I was confused by the whole thing and there was a queue forming behind me, so I just left and figured out what had happened afterwards.

I'm fairly certain I'm all good on that front. It was her idea to split the pack (I had asked if I could "swap this one for a single one", not split the pack) and she took care of the refund part. She asked how much I had paid and I said "£150" ,referring to how much I had paid for both. I had the receipt with me too, told her I had it and left it on the counter the whole time. Don't think she looked at it though.

Admittedly, I could have said something at the time, but I was confused by the whole thing and there was a queue forming behind me, so I just left and figured out what had happened afterwards.

I think if you look at the law you'll find that ignorance is no excuse. You may think it's an innocent mistake but the authorities won't see it that way. To them it's a simple case of FRAUD. If I were you I'd be worried mate. I think they're gonna throw the book at you. Trust me, I've seen it happen.

I think if you look at the law you'll find that ignorance is no excuse. You may think it's an innocent mistake but the authorities won't see it that way. To them it's a simple case of FRAUD. If I were you I'd be worried mate. I think they're gonna throw the book at you. Trust me, I've seen it happen.

This is absolute Bollocks.

It's there mistake, not yours. I doubt you'll ever hear from them again, let alone them passing your details onto the Police.

Well whilst Fields is just trolling/tranking most likely he's technically right. The moment you knew it was wrong it is technically your fault not to correct it. Don't worry they won't call back though. I've never heard of such a thing happening in the few shops I've worked in.

It is their stupid mistake really so screw them!

I'm moving to Turkey tomorrow!

I'm only slightly shitting myself.

Good luck with that!

Is this the same Fields who got banned ages ago?

Yes.

I'm moving to Turkey tomorrow!

I'm only slightly shitting myself.

Good luck! Hopefully this will go better than that other trip.

I've been very good at procrastinating lately. Instead of making lesson plans, I've been making earrings, whoo. =P

IMG_0008.jpgIMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

I love the leaf ones. I really should get my other ear pierced..-.-

edit: The owl ones you've made I'll get from you sometime soon, for my friends birthday present, remind me! :D

I hate the fact that Eenuh's idea of procrastinating is what I'd call a productive day :P

I love the leaf ones. I really should get my other ear pierced..-.-

edit: The owl ones you've made I'll get from you sometime soon, for my friends birthday present, remind me! :D

Haha I don't know when your friend's birthday is so don't know when to remind you. =P

I actually had a few more, but someone was interested in them. If she doesn't buy them, I'll upload those too (green and purple sleeping ones). They're too cute. =)

I hate the fact that Eenuh's idea of procrastinating is what I'd call a productive day :P

Well it's procrastinating because I'm supposed to write seven lesson plans, some observation reports and other assignments. Oops, haha. Better get working on that now.

...and is far, far more brilliant and creative than I've been in months.

just...FML.

"Creativity" is the only thing I have in my life. I'm not good at anything else. =P

Though I actually haven't properly drawn anything since I graduated in June. Fail. =(

So...didn't really know where to post this.

My friend called me up an hour ago, she was upset earlier today (crying and the usual blah - was 'love' related. Basically the guy she flirts with and was kind of going out with but not really but pretty much, told her he 'loved' her but because they both had so much other crazyness in their lives it would be best if they don't see each other...or something) so I looked after her for a bit and we bantered.

She called me up about an hour ago drunk. Got all they usual stuff 'You're a really good friend' blah, blah, blah. I'm kind of chuckling and saying that's what I'm here for. Then she says 'I love you'. Now usually I'm happy to do what I normally do and ignore any form of compliment/affection but...is that a normal thing to say to a friend?

I'm not good with humans who have positive feelings regarding me and I've ignored/missed more explicit signals in the past. I can deal with the 'hate' side of emotions.

Maybe I'm a sociopath...

Anyway, needed to spill.

Man, all of your friends keep falling in love with you/telling you that they love you. :nono:

There's something about Daft.

Man, all of your friends keep falling in love with you/telling you that they love you. :nono:

There's something about Daft.

Yeah, all except the one I like. FML.

My friend called me up an hour ago, she was upset earlier today (crying and the usual blah - was 'love' related. Basically the guy she flirts with and was kind of going out with but not really but pretty much, told her he 'loved' her but because they both had so much other crazyness in their lives it would be best if they don't see each other...or something) so I looked after her for a bit and we bantered.

She called me up about an hour ago drunk. Got all they usual stuff 'You're a really good friend' blah, blah, blah. I'm kind of chuckling and saying that's what I'm here for. Then she says 'I love you'. Now usually I'm happy to do what I normally do and ignore any form of compliment/affection but...is that a normal thing to say to a friend?

I'm not good with humans who have positive feelings regarding me and I've ignored/missed more explicit signals in the past. I can deal with the 'hate' side of emotions.

Maybe I'm a sociopath...

Anyway, needed to spill.

Yeah, I'd say she's just projecting her conflicting emotions onto you. It seems to often happen to the male friend who supports a girl throughout a rough relationship/lack of same. I'd just keep supporting her as a friend and let it stay at that for now.

I am a noob in this area, though, so obviously I may very well have it all wrong. Just thought I'd give my five cents since I've been in that exact situation.

"You're a really good friend, I love you."

Sounds like a pretty normal friend response. I've had it many times. Many times in one hour if they are drunk.

No it, was pause 'I love you.' But yeah, it was probably a drunken nothing. Just thought I'd run it past people who actually have emotions.

I do not compute.

Yeah, all except the one I like. FML.

I know I come across as cold and aloof, but I actually love you. Sorry it's taken so long to say it, I'm just shy and scared of rejection I guess.

And this girl is obviously a slag. You can do better. You need me in your life. I know how to treat people. I'm your destiny.

Maybe I'm a sociopath...

Anyway, needed to spill.

Sure. I say it all the time.