NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

The trend has been that the more people like a thread title the quicker it changes. :heh:

The trend has been that the more people like a thread title the quicker it changes. :heh:

I bet nightwolf and tapedeck love the changes.

Still, why is the positive thread going by the name of a vile drink?

I bet nightwolf and tapedeck love the changes.

Still, why is the positive thread going by the name of a vile drink?

It's more I don't quite understand the name changes, like this Pepsi Max one, I feel I'm missing a massive joke.

If I complain I get ripped into, so it's far easier just to ignore it, like a child having a tantrum in a shopping centre. :hmm:

It's more I don't quite understand the name changes, like this Pepsi Max one, I feel I'm missing a massive joke.

If I complain I get ripped into, so it's far easier just to ignore it, like a child having a tantrum in a shopping centre. :hmm:

Basically, I think they've run out of good ideas :p

Basically, I think they've run out of good ideas :p

Haha probably, the pepsi max one is weird, I can understand coke and diet coke.

Come on boys, you can do better than this surely?

Best part of my day? Having the positive thread named after me :santa::grin:

Gutted Wolfy you're the negative one apparently :p

Best part of my day? Having the positive thread named after me :santa::grin:

Gutted Wolfy you're the negative one apparently :p

Run out of ideas? I think not. :heh:

Haha, these name changes are so confusing sometimes. I thought this was the negative thread at first. :indeed:

No offense, Ellmeister.

Took me so long to find this thread that I've forgotten what I was going to post in it.... thanks title change : peace:

2nd best thing to happen to me today; my dad got a skyplayer account and I can has sky! Can either put it on my xbox or my laptop. Laoptop means portable and night-time viewings, xbox means better tv. Choice can be changed later, but I figure laptop now and later get a cable to hook it up to TV = win.

Just got back from a squat party in London. Took a capsule of MDMA, and was "Everything Is In Its Right Place" for about 6 hours.

Watched people hanging from hooks by the skin of their knees / was stunned by the amount of "You fucking called my name?" people / everyone there was insane / loved the feeling of the party starting at 2 and ending at 9 in the morning / loved being in the presence of actually queer people, as in no one cared if you started sexing with randoms (had a joke 3 way kiss, but I wasn't interested in going further so left them).

My favourite thing about it all is that I have no hangover!!

Got some free shit today. Expensive shit. Allow me to explain:

Went to Halfords yesterday to buy a bike rack so I can put my bike on the roof of my car. Looked at the various options and saw a "double value pack" with a price tag underneath of about £80. Looked at the one next to it and it was a single one, albeit slightly different, for £90. Now I only needed one, but though "fuck it, the double pack is cheaper". Just to make sure the prices weren't wrong, I looked at the price tag underneath the double pack and the description had "twin" in it, so assumed it to be right.

Got to the till and the lady scanned it and it scanned at £150. Now I'm not entirely sure why, possibly to avoid being awkward, I just bought it and thought that I can either sell the other one or return them both tomorrow.

This morning I decided to return the double pack (it was still sealed) and buy the single one as I couldn't be arsed to sell the spare one. I took the double pack to the desk and asked if I could swap it for a single one since I didn't need 2. The girl there (a different one to yesterday) said that she wasn't sure, but it should be possible and she would do it anyway. I was expecting her to just refund me for the double pack and I would get a single one off the shelf, but she instead started splitting the double pack I had brought back.

When she scanned the barcode to refund me for one of them, it scanned the price for the double pack as I'm guessing they weren't available separately, although the double pack was just 2 boxes plastic wrapped together. So I ended up with a full refund for the double pack, but I ended up with one of the boxes.

Now all this confused me and I wasn't sure what happened until I walked out and checked the receipt. The standard thing with refunds is to take your address, so they now have my address on file associated with the refund.

Now what I want to know is, does anyone who has worked in a shop (ideally Halfords) know if I will get a letter asking for the other one back/some sort of payment or will they just shrug it off as their mistake? To be fair, they made 2 rather shit mistakes (mispricing/not clearly pricing the double pack to start with and cocking up the refund).

Fuck me, that was an essay almost.

Goafer; they made the mistake, it's their fault. That girl is a DOOOF. However your reputation around Halfords is now 'mixed' and you have lost karma.

I somehow doubt they'll even check.. even if they did a stock take it would be too much work for them to look at what could possibly be missing and how it happened... will probably be written off as stolen, or just forgotten about.

Goafer; they made the mistake, it's their fault. That girl is a DOOOF. However your reputation around Halfords is now 'mixed' and you have lost karma.

Yeah I know, but I don't want the hassle. I just hope they realise that it's their mistake and just deal with it, rather than try and chase it up. I can live with the reputation loss. It doesn't effect prices.

In all fairness, she was really nice (the one who cocked up the refund) and I do feel a bit bad for her as she'll probably get a bit of a bollocking.

Also, RPG (Fallout: New Vegas?) win.

I somehow doubt they'll even check.. even if they did a stock take it would be too much work for them to look at what could possibly be missing and how it happened... will probably be written off as stolen, or just forgotten about.

Well the thing is, they've now got half a double pack sat behind the till. I'm guessing someone will have to explain how it got there.

I've never in retail heard of anyone asking the person to come back and give the item back, even if you have their address.

I find it's never really looked at either, except to confirm it was processed and put onto file.

I personally wouldn't worry about it! The girl made the mistake, not you.

Today: coming home from work and eating pizza, then chocolate for dessert and watching tv.

<3

They'll put it with the single packs and some poor fool will pick it up and pay the price of the double pack for it.

Well the thing is, they've now got half a double pack sat behind the till. I'm guessing someone will have to explain how it got there.

If its anything like the retail job I used to work in, they'll write it off as "damaged stock" and someone will sneakysneaky take it home with them as a freebie... haha :heh:

we used to write cleaning stock off as damaged and use them to clean the store....:laughing:

Got some free shit today. Expensive shit. Allow me to explain:

Went to Halfords yesterday to buy a bike rack so I can put my bike on the roof of my car. Looked at the various options and saw a "double value pack" with a price tag underneath of about £80. Looked at the one next to it and it was a single one, albeit slightly different, for £90. Now I only needed one, but though "fuck it, the double pack is cheaper". Just to make sure the prices weren't wrong, I looked at the price tag underneath the double pack and the description had "twin" in it, so assumed it to be right.

Got to the till and the lady scanned it and it scanned at £150. Now I'm not entirely sure why, possibly to avoid being awkward, I just bought it and thought that I can either sell the other one or return them both tomorrow.

This morning I decided to return the double pack (it was still sealed) and buy the single one as I couldn't be arsed to sell the spare one. I took the double pack to the desk and asked if I could swap it for a single one since I didn't need 2. The girl there (a different one to yesterday) said that she wasn't sure, but it should be possible and she would do it anyway. I was expecting her to just refund me for the double pack and I would get a single one off the shelf, but she instead started splitting the double pack I had brought back.

When she scanned the barcode to refund me for one of them, it scanned the price for the double pack as I'm guessing they weren't available separately, although the double pack was just 2 boxes plastic wrapped together. So I ended up with a full refund for the double pack, but I ended up with one of the boxes.

Now all this confused me and I wasn't sure what happened until I walked out and checked the receipt. The standard thing with refunds is to take your address, so they now have my address on file associated with the refund.

Now what I want to know is, does anyone who has worked in a shop (ideally Halfords) know if I will get a letter asking for the other one back/some sort of payment or will they just shrug it off as their mistake? To be fair, they made 2 rather shit mistakes (mispricing/not clearly pricing the double pack to start with and cocking up the refund).

Fuck me, that was an essay almost.

What we normally do is forward the customer's details to Loss Preventions at head office, who then inform the police, who investigate and if necessary make steps to recover the money that is owed and/or prosecute the customer if any wrongdoing is found to have occurred. There was a huge increase in this sort of fraud over the Christmas period and so our local Retail Crime Initiative have launched a high profile campaign to combat it. It's been really successful - our shop is relatively small but we've recovered over £1000 since the turn of the year. I've seen a couple of cases in he local paper where they've made a real example of people. I think one guy even got a prison sentence!

My Fuck Up At Work; Accidentally handed a £500 TV to a customer who was waiting on a £150 TV. realised it immediately. That fucker who accepted it has probably lolled at me somewhere else on teh internets. I was so worried about my morality that I went and told my manager anyway. She was cool with it (on the surface) but I was wracked with guilt. I even offered to cover it (wtf, considering that tv was like easily 3 weeks wages at the time). She said something about 'insurance' so, presuming it wasn't a bomb strapped to my train home, I think the store that was earning 60k an hour had it covered.

My Fuck Up At Work; Accidentally handed a £500 TV to a customer who was waiting on a £150 TV. realised it immediately. That fucker who accepted it has probably lolled at me somewhere else on teh internets. I was so worried about my morality that I went and told my manager anyway. She was cool with it (on the surface) but I was wracked with guilt. I even offered to cover it (wtf, considering that tv was like easily 3 weeks wages at the time). She said something about 'insurance' so, presuming it wasn't a bomb strapped to my train home, I think the store that was earning 60k an hour had it covered.

Aw, I know this horrible feeling of guilt that keeps on pounding even when you've been assured that it's perfectly all right.

Radmax. So yeah, the best part of my day was getting a free £80 bike rack. Fitted it to my car too. Looks ace.

Best part of my day yesterday was travelling to pick up the normal roof rack bit for my car. I was picking it up from a Scirocco owners club member who I'd visited a few times for various parts and when I got there, there was another club member there picking up parts too. It was like a mini meet up.

Also, on the way there, someone in a MK1 Golf (a very similar car to a Scirocco, based on the same chassis) pulled up behind me on the motorway, overtook and got a wave from the passenger. I love owning a rare older car. The sense of community is great. Always seem to get at least a smile or a wave from other people in similar cars.

Had such a great week end where I laughed so much that my abs hurt, like they have been over exercised. It was just so amazing. We spend about a straight hour just laughing at each other's laughs. Also our toilet door broke in the hostel, and a random guy started talking to us, and then decided to use our toilet unannounced. I just giggled as I knew he would be stuck in there after he closed the door. Turns out he messed up the handle and so we had to get the maintenance guy in, while we laughed our asses off. Also spilt some rice on the floor and had to clean it with a squidgy.

It might not sound great written down but it was actually one of the greatest trips I've ever been on. I just love my college friends.