NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Well deserved - also he actually got together with Catwoman, which is more of a teasing relationship only throughout the comics.

Just because they were sat at a table together doesn't necessarilly mean they were getting jiggy together. They could be two close friends enjoying their new identities together.

We'll ask Alfred when he wakes up, he'll know.

Just a thought:

Bruce disappears for 7 years to train to be Batman.

He only spends about 1.5 years actually being Batman.

Just a thought:

Bruce disappears for 7 years to train to be Batman.

He only spends about 1.5 years actually being Batman.

Why is that such a big deal?

In those 1.5 or however many years, he encounters serious threats to Gotham. It's so clearly indicated right in the beginning of The Dark Knight that Batman has done a pretty decent job of clearing up the streets, hence why "You guys like to have your group therapy sessions in broad-daylight."

In addition to that, the dangers he encountered with the likes of Ra's, the Scarecrow, the Joker, Two-face and Bane...serious threats, which he dealt with each time.

The Batman was intended as a symbol of fears for criminals. It worked. I'd actually argue that if he was fighting crime in that single city for 20 or so years, that maybe the symbol wasn't actually powerful enough. Why would criminals continue to do their dealings in a city with such a powerful enforcer as this? It's one thing I actually find cringeworthy in movies/comics/games, where the same land keeps getting attacked (Always New York fucking City).

It just bugs me, as a fan of the character. It's not about how it works in this movie, because Nolan can easily write something like "Harvey Dent magically cleans up Gotham City for 8 years just by dying", and it's only when you won't take those little things at face value either that it doesn't hold together. It would've been easily solved if it had been 8 years of being Batman, instead of 8 years doing nothing.

I got a huge buzz when Scarecrow appeared in the opening scenes of The Dark Knight. It really brought the whole thing together, and reminded me of the comic books or the animated series, where villains are not killed off or locked away for life, they escape, they cause trouble over and over. That's what Batman is, a recurring gallery of villains and a long tireless struggle with the city and with his morals.

Instead of that, with the pacing and timeframe of this movie, the Batman legend is left stunted and disjointed.

Wait, what? You think it was his imagination?

He doesn't die... that's why they say that the auto-pilot was fixed 6 months prior to the ending

My biggest issue with the Bat-voice is that he never drops it. Even when people know who he is, or he's really stressed/desperate. It would've been good to hear him use his normal voice just once to tie Bruce to Batman a little.

Nonono lol. I was referring to a previous post where I posted an article with the point of view that it was a dream. I was saying how the fact that Alfred had never seen Bruce and Selina together makes it doubtful that he would dream they were together.

Finally saw it after so long and I have to say, it's a great movie....however....The Dark Knight was the best one out of them all for me.

START OF SPOILERS

Don't get me wrong, I thought this movie was awesome and I really enjoyed watching it twice but The Dark Knight was better in every way for me. Anne Hathaway was fantastic as Catwoman (and I love how nobody actually called her Catwoman) and looked really hot. Tom Hardy was brilliant as Bane. I've been hearing how I wouldn't like him because he puts on a crap voice that you can't understand but I heard him perfectly, even more so than Bale as Batman. I thought everything was brilliant and watching them all back-to-back was the best choice I made instead of doing what my mates did and just watching it.

I also don't get why people are even considering Alfred was dreaming, it makes no sense whatsoever. He wasn't dreaming because he didn't know about Selina and Wayne being together, as people have already said. The only thing I thought was a little dodgy was how Wayne knew that Alfred sat at that exact cafe out of all of Venice but it didn't bother me so much. Although I would like someone to explain, if they can, how Batman still lives. We saw the Bat get blown up far from the bridge so how did he escape, did I miss something?

Oh and I really hated Tahlia, she let the last part of the movie down for me. However the fights were awesome to watch but there was something a little...off (can't find the right word)...with them that I can't put my finger on.

But yeah, great film but I do think it's a bit overhyped.

END OF SPOILERS

Who says the timer was even accurate? It wasn't on a timer so much as it was a calculation (made 5 months prior) as to when the thing was going to go completely unstable and explode, so it could have been off by a minute or so, making the 5 second argument pretty much null and void.

The only thing I thought was a little dodgy was how Wayne knew that Alfred sat at that exact cafe out of all of Venice but it didn't bother me so much. Although I would like someone to explain, if they can, how Batman still lives. We saw the Bat get blown up far from the bridge so how did he escape, did I miss something?

Bruce didn't actually need to look in that many places for Alfred. Quote pulled from IMDB: "I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno." He probably had to try out 4 or 5 cafes until he found Alfred.

About the Bat. The autopilot was working so he wasn't actually in the Bat.

Bruce didn't actually need to look in that many places for Alfred. Quote pulled from IMDB: "I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno." He probably had to try out 4 or 5 cafes until he found Alfred.

or there were multiple the bats like i said earlier, the inconstancy in parking spots (parks in batcave then later it was parked in the city...Nolan wouldn't make an obvious mistake)

Ah, but from The Dark Knight...

Alfred:I know. But things have improved. Look at the new District Attorney.

Bruce: I am. Closely. I need to know if he can be trusted.

Alfred: Are you interested in his character or his social circle?

Bruce: Who Rachel spends her time with is her business.

Alfred: I trust you don’t have me followed on my day off.

Bruce: If you ever took one I might.

Maybe he did...

Okay, that explains the cafe but I wasn't so bothered about that since I knew Alfred never saw Bruce and Selina together before.

However, I said this to a couple of people who saw the film and I said that it could have been possible that he lied to Selina when he said "No autopilot" but they believed there wasn't an autopilot. The only thing that did confuse me a bit was that Batman was actually IN the Bat right before it exploded. We saw a shot of the Bat going past the bridge and then a shot of Batman inside the Bat and then it exploded. (Just trying to remember, don't take this quite seriously)

Can anybody explain? I'd be grateful! :)

A movie doesn't always go in real time. There are many instances where the timing has been tight in instances like this. I'm sure some of the Bond films have done this. One example I can think of is in Angels & Demons just before the choppah explodes at the end.

The only other explanation I can think of is that the eject system encompasses the entire cockpit of the Bat.

He may have just leapt out once the Bat passed the bridge, and swam away...

Bigger issue, if the chamber could have been flooded to stop the bomb going off, why didn't he just drop it in the water earlier?

Bigger issue, if the chamber could have been flooded to stop the bomb going off, why didn't he just drop it in the water earlier?

They were taking it to the chamber to stabilise the reaction, then do a controlled shutdown. They needed the machinery in there to turn it off, not the flood.

But the chamber was specifically there so if anything went wrong they could flood the place...no? That's what I thought.

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's what they said earlier in the film; that's why they built it in a drain...

I'm pretty sure Alfred was dreaming the whole franchise. Bruce Wayne died years ago along with his parents. He's alone at the end at the cafe, nodding to Bruce's ghost and what he would have looked like had he lived.

lol

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's what they said earlier in the film; that's why they built it in a drain...

But the chamber was specifically there so if anything went wrong they could flood the place...no? That's what I thought.

I think the idea of the flooding chamber was if there was a security breech (ie: someone trying to steel the reactor to make it a bomb) the chamber would flood, thereby stopping any intruders. I don't think submerging the reactor would have in anyway then made it safe to handle.

I'm pretty sure Alfred was dreaming the whole franchise. Bruce Wayne died years ago along with his parents. He's alone at the end at the cafe, nodding to Bruce's ghost and what he would have looked like had he lived.

lol

Don't become a troll Flink, you are better than that

Edited by Mokong

I think the idea of the flooding chamber was if there was a security breech (ie: someone trying to steel the reactor to make it a bomb) the chamber would flood, thereby stopping any inturders. I don't think submerging the reactor would have in anyway then made it safe to handle.

Don't become a troll Flink, you are better than that

Yeah Flink, if you were a troll, you might notice that Mokong wrote 'inturders' and take the mick out of that. So don't do that. It's not big and it's not clever. Or funny.

lolturd.

Yeah Flink, if you were a troll, you might notice that Mokong wrote 'inturders' and take the mick out of that. So don't do that. It's not big and it's not clever. Or funny.

lolturd.

22742513.jpg

Actually I was wondering why he didn't drop the bomb in the water in any case. Instead he let it detonate in the air and just hoped the wind wouldn't blow all the radioactive material towards the city.

Also why he is seen in the Bat when it's supposed to fly with an autopilot. Maybe it wasn't actually him in the Bat but a stunt-double :P

This would also explain why that knife wound from Talia didn't really impede - he used a double there as well. That's why he seems so invincible, whenever something dangerous is about to happen, Bruce replaces himself with a double.

^ But then at the end of the day, Batman's thing is his mystique, appearing out of the shadows/thin air. Yes, we're meant to know he's a normal man who does this, with no powers, but without the mystique, it wouldn't be Batman. Nolan's films err very much on "realism", but Batman always was about a comic book (super) hero who used a lot of seemingly unfathomable theatricality. So I wouldn't think too much into how he got out of the plane, why he did the burning bat on the bridge etc. It adds mystery/feels very Batman, so it's fine.

How The Dark Knight Rises Should Have Ended