N-Europe

New Video Games Site seeks your support!

Pookiablo

Hey KNEE,

Captain Falcon and I (as well as a ton of other bloggers we've met over the past few months and gotten acquainted with) have started our own video games news site! Known as Bits 'n' Bytes, we've set it up with the very ambitious intention of gaining ground in this heavily-saturated field and becoming a respected and recognised source for gaming-related news!

We're still quite small but we've got off to a pretty great start! Admittedly, our news reporting section is still developing (it's a little tricky when we're not on any press release distribution lists yet) but we've got some great reviews and more importantly, some awesome editorials which are our strongest aspect.

Obviously, I'm asking you all to visit and check it out but if you could do more to help us that'd be great. Advertise us on Facebook and twitter (following us would be nice too!), link us on your blogs, forums and personal websites (we'll happily link you back). Also, we're constantly on the lookout for guest writers/reviewers and members to join our team on a permanent basis!

So please, do check it out as we've put so much effort and planning into this (a whole month of email discussions before we even built the thing, it was mad!) and we really want to grow into something worthwhile!

URL is http://bnbgaming.com (I think it's pretty catchy!)

Thanks, peace out. Candies.

As I have said in your e-mail, I would be very happy to try and do reviews of video game adaptations (such as King Kong, SAW, Harry Potter....) but I don't play many modern games. I could do some games from the 360 and some from the Wii but for PS1, PS2 and XBOX, I'm your guy. :D

As I have said in your e-mail, I would be very happy to try and do reviews of video game adaptations (such as King Kong, SAW, Harry Potter....) but I don't play many modern games. I could do some games from the 360 and some from the Wii but for PS1, PS2 and XBOX, I'm your guy. :D

Ah, I did mean to get back to you on that one, sorry, got distracted with this new site emerging. I was happy with what you said with the exception of splitting reviews across both sites. I don't think that'd work too well. I'd rather have self-contained pieces on each site.

Either way, I'm sure we can arrange something!

tell you what gets hits in LISTS! People love them! When I ran Gaming Corner along with happenstance and a few others we were getting 1000 hits a day when we posted lists like top 10's of things etc...Then yeah post them on twitter, facebook also use n4g to submit stuff that brings in the hits.

I'm glad to be out of the regular press game with my new blog

http://enabled4gaming.wordpress.com

has a very different focus and I'm not bothered about getting up the minute news etc... on there.

Hey, it actually looks pretty good. I'll keep an eye on it.

If you decide to follow flameboy's suggestion of "lists", I would like to suggest that, instead of making personal Top 10s (like many others do), make those lists by reader's opinion. They're not very common, but I find those much more interesting than something most other sites already do.

Hey, it actually looks pretty good. I'll keep an eye on it.

If you decide to follow flameboy's suggestion of "lists", I would like to suggest that, instead of making personal Top 10s (like many others do), make those lists by reader's opinion. They're not very common, but I find those much more interesting than something most other sites already do.

On the contrary, I find personal lists much more interesting. Readers' choices don't do much for me as they're simply just statistics. A personal list gives us so much more: The tastes of the person in question, what he likes and dislikes about the games, and, most importantly, why he picked those games. It gives us a chance to compare the listmaker's tastes to our own and judge for ourselves. Maybe they're common, but tastes also vary, and it gives the readers a better picture of the people who run this particular site.

(It should be noted that readers' choice lists are not at all a bad idea. Personally, I'm just rarely interested in what the majority thinks. That's why I prefer personal opinions. They give me a chance to judge for myself whether I agree with the guy or not.)

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I'd like to offer my help with anything you guys want..I won't be able to totally commit a ton of time but I can certainly do something for you at least....I'm kinda busy with work, uni and my own blog plus just landed a role as a writer for ablegamers.com but like I said with my own blog the focus is very different than what you want so it would be nice to be able to do more "traditional" games writing every so often. Guess my experience would mostly be running my own blogs (gamingcorner,lethargic gamers and now enabled4gaming) and my time as staff for n-europe. Send me a PM

All the best with the site guys.

Get in touch with me toward the end of next week or something (ie not right now, lots of site stuff happening) and we can talk about...stuff.

Ooh, mysterious!

Thanks mate. We can use all the help we can get right now in order to raise the profile of the place. Even if it's just leads to be followed up at a later date, it's all welcome.

And just so you all know, Pooki's in charge - I'm just his skivvy :p

FALCON OBEY!

Had to be done.

Did it? I mean really, are you absolutely sure about that? :p

He's doing a fantastic job so far though and without his hard work, this wouldn't have even got close to this stage. I'm just glad to be a part of it and we welcome anyone else who wants to be.

We understand people have other commitments and stuff and that's why we use the word Guest a lot. It's a no pressure gig. A chance for you to put something into text and get a bit of exposure (though hopefully one day a lot) and some feedback too.

It's an everybody wins situation.

Don't even have time for that? Well just read the articles and post some comments. Who knows, you might even prove inspiration for our next editorial or round-table discussion.

All the best with the site guys.

Get in touch with me toward the end of next week or something (ie not right now, lots of site stuff happening) and we can talk about...stuff.

Ooh, mysterious!

Thanks dude, as Falcon said, all the help we can get is greatly appreciated!

And he's not my skivvy! He's been just as important in the setup and running of the blog!