NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

I get that. I guess I just like Hush's strategy, not to mention his look. Also his backstory which Mark Millar seems to have warped and claimed as his own in Nemesis.

Also Hush is in Batman Beyond. Or might be, I can find Issue 3 ANYWHERE!!!?!

My only contact with Hush is when he appeared in Paul Dinis run on Detective Comics (I think last year) and I absolutely loved him in it.

So I am all for Hush in the next film.

Edited by Mundi

Hush is good, at least, his original appearance (inked by Jim Lee :love:) was his best work, read that trade and tell me he sucks.

However, such personal stories for Batsy wouldn't make for good films.

Superman Movie Inspired by "Birthright" Comic?

New York Magazine's "Vulture" column claims that the up-coming Superman movie, written by David Goyer, is based around the premise that "Clark Kent is a journalist traveling the world trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman."

SlashFilm.com reacts to this news stating that this pitch isn't too far off the Mark Waid "Superman: Birthright" 12-issue miniseries published by DC Comics in 2003/2004.

Written by Mark Waid and drawn by Leinil Francis Yu, the story attempted to retell the Superman origin story for the 21st century. In the story. Clark Kent is a freelance reporter in his early twenties, traveling the world to cover news stories. While covering an ethnic conflict between the fictional Ghuri and Turaaba clans in West Africa, he is forced to use his super powers to attain a fleeing assassin. This results in Kent returning to Smallville to learn more about his alien heritage and make the decision to become Superman.

Vulture also claims the reason Warner Bros. picked Zack Snyder to direct this new Superman movie is because David Goyer's script is "a bit of a mess as it was rushed".

Snyder is looked at [as] a man who can get the movie completed for 2012. You see, the studio doesn't have time to go through extensive rewrites as they need to get a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll lose the rights to make said film.

Time will tell whether there's any truth to the script details and status as described above.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8638

Doesnt seem like it would fit in with Zod being in the movie. Still, I did like Birthright so it could be interesting to see, unfortunately though you wouldnt expect to see him facing a lot of super powered villians which is what we all want.

Hush is good, at least, his original appearance (inked by Jim Lee :love:) was his best work, read that trade and tell me he sucks.

I have, a zillion times. After a while you realise it's Jeph Loeb writing, and it's just...so bloated and as I said, thinks it's this definitive work of art, a milestone in the mythos, when in fact it's incredibly standard. It's like a parade of badly used villain for Jim Lee to draw.

The mystery/big reveal is very nothing. At least the actual reveal. The one you think is the reveal (in the graveyard, yeah you know which one i mean) was good/shocking. But then it turns out to be a lie. The whole thing just reeks of flat pancakes.

Loeb's other Batman stuff with Tim Sale is much better, at least the material I've read. Jim Lee tricks people. See: All-Star Batman and Robin. That isn't very good, but you're lulled somehow by Jim Lee's art into thinking it's definitive or important (albiet briefly).

Oh, ok.

*arguement is snuffed out*

But srsly, Hush riles me. Just because it's raised up too much, compared to a lot of other Batman storylines. Mainly Grant Morrison's huge saga, that has been unravelling for 4 years now. <3 But not even just that (as that is understandably very divisive).

Your Hush bashing gets a bit annoying though, you seem to refuse to believe that a lot of people like the story and insult our intelligence by saying we were somehow tricked into liking it by Jim Lee's art.

Sorry. I just think it's all flash and no substance. It gets under my skin for some reason.

The Jim Lee thing isn't about anyone else, it's with me too (he's a nice artist, and his work feels "definitive").

I got Batman Legends when it first came out in 2004, in which Hush was printed as the first story. I used to read all my Marvel and DC Uk collector's edition comics over and over. So I read it loads when I was younger.

New rumours...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1136358p1.html

Rumor: A CG Superman?

Now that Zack Snyder has the directing job on the Superman reboot, it was inevitable that actors from his past projects would wind up on the rumor list as potential Men of Steel. And in fact, the word today is that one of his former Watchmen is in the running... though that's not what caught our attention about this particular Supes rumor.

Movienewz, a site we know nothing about, claims that British actor Matthew Goode (Ozymandias from Snyder's Watchmen) "is the frontrunner for the title role" in the new Superman film.

O.K., yeah, we've heard that before. But here's the good part -- they add that their sources tell them that Snyder wants Goode to play Clark Kent "and has plans to rely heavily on CGI for the Man of Steel." So it would be something of a Green Lantern approach, though possibly taken a step further even?

Of course, this could be complete BS too… except we at IGN have been hearing talk of a CG-enhanced Superman as well. In fact, our sources claim that Snyder stopped by to meet with the effects folks behind Avatar recently to check out their techniques, which kind of/sort of suggests that he's interested in Avatar-izing his Man of Steel.

Rumor! We love it…

Fuckoffno.

CGI isn't good ENOUGH yet. He looked fine in Superman Returns flying about.

Besides, how does it even make sense? It makes sense for Green Lantern's suit to be CGI, but why Superman? He should look like a normal man with superpowers.

Well they'd either need a lot of CGI or a lot of protein shakes for Matthew Goode to fill Superman's boots...

Nolan leaves Snyder to helm 'Superman'

Christopher Nolan has reportedly opted to have no further involvement with the Superman reboot, leaving Zack Snyder in charge.

Speaking to HitFix, Nolan's wife and producer Emma Thomas revealed that the Inception director is "handing [the project] off to him" to fully focus on The Dark Knight Rises, the final film in Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Thomas also said that Nolan had brought the reboot "to an appropriate screenplay".

It was previously reported that composer Hans Zimmer will provide the soundtrack to the film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a291278/nolan-leaves-snyder-to-helm-superman.html

Meh, best Superman ever was in Lois and Clark.

As much as I loved that show I never thought it had a good Superman. Probably the best Clark Kent though and second best Lex Luthor after Michael Rosenbaum.

Id probably go for Reeves as my favourite Superman but I still dont think hes brilliant, I just dont think anyone has actually done the role justice yet.

As much as I loved that show I never thought it had a good Superman. Probably the best Clark Kent though and second best Lex Luthor after Michael Rosenbaum.

Id probably go for Reeves as my favourite Superman but I still dont think hes brilliant, I just dont think anyone has actually done the role justice yet.

You're probably right, never been a big Superman fan, or US comics in general, but from what I've heard Clark was never the bumbling fool Reeves played him as. I do think Reeves looked the part as Superman though, just that the films weren't that good, enjoyed Lois and Clark a lot more.

Lois & Clark is the most enjoyable Superman incarnation, personally, but not at all reminiscent of the comics. :P

The Reeves fims are better adaptations of the source material, though Clark Kent is more like the L+C version in the comics.

Lois & Clark is the most enjoyable Superman incarnation, personally, but not at all reminiscent of the comics. :P

The Reeves fims are better adaptations of the source material, though Clark Kent is more like the L+C version in the comics.

I don't know, the best bit of the films was the Clark vs dark Superman in Superman 3, that was awesome.

Earth One > All.

Although I'm sure I'd prefer Red Son. Not that you guys mean comics probably. But at least this has me subscribed to thread.

Zack Snyder should do well. Nolan was the one who bought about the idea (to WB?) anyway, or whatever and whatever work he's done for it so far.....should certainly have left his stamp on it, and now the very talented Zack can get to work. Good stuff. :)

Earth One > All.

Although I'm sure I'd prefer Red Son. Not that you guys mean comics probably. But at least this has me subscribed to thread.

Zack Snyder should do well. Nolan was the one who bought about the idea (to WB?) anyway, or whatever and whatever work he's done for it so far.....should certainly have left his stamp on it, and now the very talented Zack can get to work. Good stuff. :)

I have no idea what you are saying.

Talk English dammit.