NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Awesome. Hopefully this is better than Morrison's dire attempt to write Superman.

This is going to be everything that a modern Superman film should be.

...Based on?

Hope, I imagine! But Snyder did a great job with Watchmen. Singer put too much effort into homage for the previous films and didn't embrace the comics at all, Zack Snyder is taking a totally different approach.

At the very least, Superman's going to punch somebody this time, and Cavill is great.

Time for a trailer, methinks!

My point was just that we barely know anything about the movie yet. I really do hope that it is an amazing movie but I havent seen anything yet that tells me that. All ive seen is a costume im not too fond of and an actor that I dont think looks right for the role.

...Based on?

- Awesome, modern, visionary, unique director.

- Awesome, strong, British lead actor.

- Awesome, cool, swish, slick logo and title.

- The main villain isn't Lex Luthor.

My point was just that we barely know anything about the movie yet.

I know, that's why I said "hope", and then pointed out some things we do know. It's possible to have high expectations for something based on small facts and the people involved, not just footage.

Also, I'd be really surprised if you don't like it.

I know, that's why I said "hope", and then pointed out some things we do know. It's possible to have high expectations for something based on small facts and the people involved, not just footage.

Also, I'd be really surprised if you don't like it.

Lol Yeah i know, its was more based on my usual frustration that I think ReZ tends to overhype things, which he knows.

I expect I probably will like it but then I thought that about Superman Returns and only really liked two bits from that (the plane and Brandon Routh). Same with Sucker Punch, I thought I would love that and found it pretty terrible so I dont have the same absolute trust in Zack Snyder that ReZ seems to.

I hate Superman Returns just flat out found it boring.

I agree completely. I fucking detest it so so so so much.

Lol Yeah i know, its was more based on my usual frustration that I think ReZ tends to overhype things, which he knows.

He does, but then I often myself agreeing with him. :p

Brandon Routh is awesome in Superman Returns and the airplane sequence is genuinely brilliant. As in it's like 3 minutes of absolute stunning awesomeness that absolutely nails Superman...and it's surrounded by two and a half hours of utter shite.

And to be fair, that one flash of brilliance out does pretty much ever non-Batman superhero films.

Seriously, fuck y'all. That was awesome.

This airplane scene is genuinely a million times better:

(And, no, I'm not actually being sarcastic)

Why doesn't Superman fly underneath the plane and stop it's fall instead of whatever he's trying to do on the wing, which only makes it worse! :p

*I do realise I'm reading way more into this than I have to/should be*

Yeah but that was never gonna happen, there's no resistance... all he can do is go with it. Should have shoulder bardged it in that case.

That is a bit stupid IMHO, but....I don't dislike it too much. I enjoyed that scene for sure, but he is Superman. He could have stopped it so much more easily. Its like they tried mixing real word physics and not matching that up to Supermans strength. Orrbaldaklfahfa. Ugh. I can never explain myself, but yeah.

Yeah, definitely would have been more exciting if Superman sorted out everything in a matter of seconds.

I really hope there is something equally as awesome as the plane crash in the new movie. It was so great to finally have a proper Superman moment in a movie, a proper knockdown super powered fight is needed as well.

YES. Definitely needs an epic action scene and definitely needs that epic super vs super fight, one on one that has been missing from everything really. Until the Invincible movie is made *clings onto shred of hope*.