NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Still watched nothing but the teaser and the first trailer. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED.

Well the two closest cinemas to me still haven't put 2D versions up for pre-book.

My local cinema always does this. They offer advance bookings for just the 3D showings, but on every occasion they add 2D and a few more 3D showings on the Monday or Tuesday before the film in question is released. Pretty sure it's just a scheme to get fans to book the more expensive seats in a panic.

Still watched nothing but the teaser and the first trailer. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED.

Same! Although, I'm going into down-hype mode, so that if the film does turn out to be less than spectacular, it'll still be amazing.

Basically, I'm expecting it to be another Superman IV. :laughing:

Spoiler free reaction on reddit, guy was blown away by it :D

Holy shit.

This movie completely blew me away. The cinematography is stunning, the soundtrack is glorious, and the fight scenes are the best I've ever seen in a super hero movie. They even manage to captures one truly tender moments between Clark and his parents.

Zack Snyder has a brilliant imagination and it really comes through in this movie without over powering the subject matter. There is a primal current flowing through this movie that comes to a head in a scene filled with victory, and fear.

The cast and crew really knocked it out of the park on this one. I had Pacific Rin pegged as my summer movie but now I'm not sure if Man of Steel can be topped.

Cmaaaan Friday! Edited by Shorty

I saw that. Not really sure there's much point in trusting one random internet person, but I'm excited.

Agreed, but I opened the link fearing "don't get your hopes up" or "they really dropped the ball here". There were some other reactions in the thread, some middling, some saying it was too actiony (which I am worried about) but I still think it's going to be an enjoyable ride.

They finally put up the 2D showings on the Showcase website. EXCITE.

When's everyone watching this? 10:45 here :D Cineworld have 2D listings up now too, but not IMAX 2D, so meh, I'll suck it up and watch 3D. Gonna try and get there early enough to secure a nice middle-of-the-room seat.

Luckily my local cinema only has the one time slot for this in 3D across the week after release (at 19.40) and every other slot is for the 2D version which is great as I'd much rather sit and watch a film without the need to wear 3D glasses.

Probably looking at mid-afternoon on Friday, 16.15. Should hopefully mean there's no school kids about (I hope anyway).

Really looking forward to this anyway!

Saturday evening, with friends at the Empire Cinema at Tower Park. We're hopefully doing a bbq beforehand!

My biggest fear right now is that I won't be well enough to see it. Don't do this to me, Jeebus.

This is getting generally positive feedback on Rotten Tomatoes, currently at 73%. Maybe it won't be the smash hit blockbuster we were hoping for (my main fear might be realised, too actiony - I did feel from the trailers that it might approach Michael-Bay-explosion-level in bits) but still a respectable score, and Superman fans can hopefully add 10-15% on that just for the source material interest.

I've been listening to the soundtrack. It's epic. Really bright but also epic.

This is getting generally positive feedback on Rotten Tomatoes, currently at 73%. Maybe it won't be the smash hit blockbuster we were hoping for (my main fear might be realised, too actiony - I did feel from the trailers that it might approach Michael-Bay-explosion-level in bits) but still a respectable score, and Superman fans can hopefully add 10-15% on that just for the source material interest.

Too action-y?! It's Superman! That's what i've been waiting for dammit! For him to actually DO something for once!

I've been listening to the soundtrack. It's epic. Really bright but also epic.

Did you see Hans' AMA on Reddit? He said he intended it to be the complete opposite of the Dark Knight soundtracks which were full of despair and darkness etc, and that Man of Steel was supposed to sound full of hope etc.

I'm no longer gonna be seeing this on Friday, so don't know when I will. Seriously contemplating a lone trip to see it on Sunday - though I really wanted to see it with peeps for post film discussionings!

@bob Yeah, he seems like a pretty cool dude. I think this is easily one of his best scores.

There's a great scrapbook piece that's just short of half an hour long.

Too action-y?! It's Superman! That's what i've been waiting for dammit! For him to actually DO something for once!

I'm not saying I don't want action, even a lot of action, doesn't mean there can't be a bit too much.