NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

I'm not watching it! I'm not watching this one! You can't make me!

Well, I managed a whole 3 minutes of willpower and then gave in. Damn it looks good. Very action-y, nothing like we've ever had from Supes before. Under a month to go :D I think I'll just bite the bullet and watch it in 3D tbf. It didn't ruin Iron Man 3.

Edited by Shorty

I've not seen anything since the first trailer. I'm not even remotely tempted. I'm just ready.

I watched it; looks great! I thought my laptop had borked though for the first 10 seconds or so....

I don't think it gives all that much away spoiler wise, but i suppose its quite hard to tell having not seen the film...

I've been listening to the Man of Steel track on Soundcloud all morning and it's getting me all fired up for this. I wish they had the Zod theme available somewhere as i wouldn't mind listening to that some more.

I gave in and watched trailer...

It doesn't seem to give much away but enough to show it appears to have a lot of action! (win).

Really excited for this.

No other reactions to that trailer?? @Fierce_LiNk, @Daft, @bryanee. I can't be the only one that gave into temptation :p

lol of course I gave in. I then couldn't speak for a few hours because what I saw left me speechless.

Am I the only one who watches all the trailers for movies but when I go to the actual movies I never really find myself thinking "oh this is that scene from the trailer"

We've probably only seen about 60 seconds of footage out of what is apparently going to be 2.5hr plus. Only comedies that put half the best punchlines in their trailers actually ruin anything IMO.

Agreed, i don't think i've ever seen a trailer that has 'ruined' the film. I'm sure they're careful enough to not put spoilers in their trailers.

Yes, unfortunately I remember all the little bits from the trailer and connect the dots during the movie and from that can work out where the story is going usually. :) I spend my time waiting for those scenes to turn up as you know that it hasn't appeared yet.

...so I wish I hadn't watched the trailer. :p

Yeah, I've got quite a visual memory. I do the same as Coolness.

The trailer gives you an idea of the plot and its direction sure, but no idea of how it's all going to be glued together. Sometimes there are scenes and you just wonder "where on Earth does this fit in the tone we've seen so far?"

I hate spoilers, I panic looking for the remote whenever a "next time on" or "previously on" comes up on a TV show, but a well made trailer is missing all the right bits so that you're left with more questions than answers.

Yeah, that's cool. But as I watch the film I'll start to piece together the story with the additional knowledge of the trailer.

When it comes down to it, though. I've got my tickets, I don't need to see any more trailers. :heh:

I'm not watching....didn't watch trailers for Dark Knight or Dark Knight rises and am so glad.

Ah good, my local Odeon has Man of Steel in 2D. Not my preferred cinema but it'll definitely do.

Ah good, my local Odeon has Man of Steel in 2D. Not my preferred cinema but it'll definitely do.

Same with Empireee.:yay:

Now, I just need my friend to get back to me with what dates she can go before I start booking tickets.

GIVE EEET TO MEEEEE!

Also, had to channel hop yesterday during 2 Man of Steel trailers. I think I let out a little squeel when it came on as I reached for the remote. Trailer-free is the way to go, imo.

This isn't a trailer and contains none of Man of Steel, if anyone is on a media blackout like me.

But it's a cool bit of Superman fitting into the real world.

ku-medium.gif
Edited by Daft

That's awesome :D

The acting in that 1 second gif, from a burger commercial, is better than any moment Routh was in the tights.

Edited by Shorty

Well the two closest cinemas to me still haven't put 2D versions up for pre-book.

I've given up on 2D but I'm still disappointed there's no midnight showing. I've got the day off on that Friday though. Only 9 days away now :D

I'm not normally a DC man, but I remember the Superman films being all I had for superhero films growing up(and I loved them for it). I swear now I'm seeing ads and trailers for this all the time, everywhere, and I'm getting pumped! Saw a trailer in the cinema the other day and it really gave me a sense of christopher reeve/old superman was awesome as a kid nostalgia. Hopefully gonna see it next friday, only sad thing is I have to go and see it in 3D :( Probs gonna try and catch it in 2D when all the love's died down.