NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Cannot wait for this soundtrack.

Edit: - Just a heads up, the track titles might be considered spoiler-y. They also point to a non-linear narrative. Wicked.

...Kind of reminds me of the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack...which is awesome.

Edit edit:

Here are all the song samples strung together without track titles to absolutely avoid spoilers.

Edited by Daft

Genuine cry-at-life moment just now. I asked my friend if she fancied coming to watch Man of Steel with us, to which her reply was:

"What is it?"

OhDear.gif

It wouldnt surprise me if the movie ended with Clark donning the glasses and joining the Daily Planet.

I was thinking they might do this.

Like near the end of the film he realises that he wants to lead a more 'normal' life to talk to people n stuff without everyone being like 'OMFG ur an alien'

But whatever happens I would just like to say, I am super super excited for this film!! More so than Star Trek (which is really saying something - as I am for that as well)

It's kind of annoying that they made a fuss about how this wouldn't come out in IMAX 3D, and now it has. Shows how difficult it is to fight your financiers and producers I suppose. I would really love to see it in IMAX 2D, but my nearest Cineworld isn't offering a single 2D option (IMAX or otherwise). Nearest IMAX 2D option is Manchester :/

Edited by Shorty

Some gifs, I've put them in spoilers because well some people might not want to see them. The first is just stunning, its Supes flying.

iErEQDL89INKg.gif

mosng1hssqa.gif

Aw maaaan, shouldn't have clicked. Have totally failed at any kinda media blackout with trailers and somehow I feel that gif just showed too much.

Cmon June!

I think I've been pretty good so far. Only watched the teaser, the first big trailer and the Zod viral. I will avoid those GIFs...probably will do my best to avoid Tumblr just in case.

One month to go.

I'm becoming increasingly worried that some cinemas won't be showing this in 2D. My Empire cinema only lists it as 3D and it's the same for the Odeon in central Bournemouth.

I've been checking up on this for the last month and it hasn't changed. I'm about to full on rage with this one.

Just checked the Cineworld I go to, theyre only listing 3D showing as well :(

What's happening here? Are they going to add the 2D dates/slots later, or is it some kind of 3D push?

Genuinely disappointed by this. Wanted to get my tickets ready. It's looking likely that I'll have to travel to Southampton just to see this in 2D, which will be a fucking chore.

:(

From my experience when trying to book a none 3D version of a film they wait as long as they can before putting up the 2D version. I've seen both the Cineworld and Showcase websites do this.

I never really pre-book cinema tickets until the actual day I'm going so I dont really know about when they add the 2D showings. I will only ever go to 3D showings if I need to go at around a certain time like I did with Star Trek this week, otherwise I will usually make an effort to avoid them.

Or...you could just see it in 3D ::shrug:

I dont know about the other guys but I dont like paying extra for an effect I dont really like. Plus if I can help it then I dont want to be adding to the sales numbers for 3D films. Also it darkens movies, some it doesnt matter but I remember in Green Lantern it got pretty annoying.

I love 3D on my sexy ass TV at home but for the cinema I just think it makes everything look a little dull so I'd much rather wait until I have the 3D Blu Ray to check out the 3D versions of films.

I also might go out of my way to see this in 2D. Might drive over to Manchester for it.

Or...you could just see it in 3D ::shrug:

I dont know about the other guys but I dont like paying extra for an effect I dont really like. Plus if I can help it then I dont want to be adding to the sales numbers for 3D films. Also it darkens movies, some it doesnt matter but I remember in Green Lantern it got pretty annoying.

Happenstance sums up my view on it. I've found that the only 3D film that has really wowwed me was Avatar, and that was made purposefully with 3D in mind. It's expensive, a bit of an inconvenience and I don't really want to watch a film wearing a pair of glasses. It's still a barrier.

If I HAVE to see it in 3D, I'll suck it up and do it, due to me wanting to see the film quite urgently. But, given the choice, I'd rather not.

I am also a 3D hater. Gah! Thankfully the new girl I'm sort of seeing feels the same :)

I also wish I had never watched any trailers for this apart from those original teasers. I feel I have seen too much and little bits that I would have preferred to have just seen on the big screen. Pretty gutted. GOD DAMN SPOILERS.

Not a major part but the joke about "oh it looks like an S to us, we should call you super......*mic noise* I've seen that about 4 times now and it was funny the first time but now when I go see this film in the cinema I just know the scene and I'm all like hmph

:(

Happenstance sums up my view on it. I've found that the only 3D film that has really wowwed me was Avatar, and that was made purposefully with 3D in mind. It's expensive, a bit of an inconvenience and I don't really want to watch a film wearing a pair of glasses. It's still a barrier.

If I HAVE to see it in 3D, I'll suck it up and do it, due to me wanting to see the film quite urgently. But, given the choice, I'd rather not.

But driving to Southampton is cheaper and more convenient...?

But driving to Southampton is cheaper and more convenient...?

Both are shite options, which is why I hope the bluddy thing shows at Empire in 2D.

The plus side is that there is an IMAX at Southampton, which I have never been to in my life. Could be worth it for this film. Hmm.