NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

I'm not sure you can ground Superman in the same way as Batman can you?

The finding yourself fishing trip/manual labour just feels a lot more forced. But then I think it's been done in some of the comics hasn't it so I dunno.

Yeah its been done in the comics. From what I gather Clark is travelling the world trying to figure out his role in life etc before going back home or something.

In regards to the teaser it is just a teaser for once. Usually teasers tend to reveal more than they should. We'll probably get a full on trailer with The Hobbit.

Huh... Well that wasn't worth the wait.

I'm not sure you can ground Superman in the same way as Batman can you?

The finding yourself fishing trip/manual labour just feels a lot more forced. But then I think it's been done in some of the comics hasn't it so I dunno.

Also considering you only get one shot of Superman in this they could have made sure it looked good. He looked like a little plastic figurine or something.

I thought it looked great. The comic-con footage looked much better though, hopefully we'll get that trailer online soon. Check out the Birthright graphic novel if you want to see how this kind of origin has been dealt with before.

I got the Crowe voiceover for the teaser before Batman started.

Like a good proper teaser trailer that gives almost nothing away! Would be a mistake to show too much now considering the film isn't out till next year.

New poster.

AF_TSR_1200tall.jpg

Also, the first trailer is set to show before The Hobbit. I'm officially excited.

I can't seem to get all that excited for this/Superman.

I'm sure I'll be a bit more so nearer the time. Looking forward to the first trailer though, bound to be pretty epic!

I'd be happy if they just released that Comicon trailer that got leaked.

What a strange choice of poster, why so low quality? Seems like it's ripped from the trailer.

Nolan tallk

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/04/nolan-man-of-steel-requires-biggest-possible-movie-version-of-superman

Nolan: Man of Steel Requires Biggest Possible Movie Version of Superman

The Dark Knight Rises helmer discusses his next superhero movie.

The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan has been out and about doing some press for the Blu-ray release of his final Bat film, and also attending some Oscar luncheons (could TDKR get a Best Picture nomination? Should it?). And along the way, he's been talking a bit about the upcoming Man of Steel, which he executive-produced.

In a chat with The Playlist, Nolan was pretty evasive regarding whether or not he might get involved in any other superhero movies (including Justice League) in the future. But he did provide some scraps of Superman info, saying that Man of Steel won't be terribly similar to his Batman films.

“Well, somewhat,” he responded when asked if Man of Steel will utilize a "standalone superhero universe" like Nolan's Batman movies did. “But I wouldn’t want people to think we're doing for Superman what we did for Batman.

“It's very much [director] Zack [snyder]’s film and I think people are going to love what he's done,” he continued. “I think it's really remarkable to take on that character. Superman is a completely different character than Batman. So you can't in anyway use the same template. But [writer] David Goyer had this, I thought, brilliant way to make Superman relatable and relevant for his audience. Zack has built on that and I think it's incredible what he's putting together. He's got a lot of finishing to do on that. Superman is the biggest comic book character of them all and he needs the biggest possible movie version which is what Zack's doing. It's really something.”

I loooove the trailer for this with Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe providing the voice-overs. The theme/tone for that trailer is just everything I want from a Superman film. Not sure what the finished product will be like, mind.

Inspired choice for the song, too. I've watched that trailer maybe 20 or 30 times since originally seeing it.

I don't really like Superman in general. He seems overpowered in a sense, and two-dimensional. You know the villains are always going to use Kryptonite and the effects the rock has on him seem to vary drastically. Saying that though, Smallville and the Superman films were all right to watch so maybe there is some variety in him that I am missing.

Also, the abs on the poster look odd to me.

Nahhh man, have you ever read any Superman? Such a common and totally wrong argument that "all Superman's villains use Kryptonite". In fact, I can't even remember the last Superman story I read where Kryptonite was used by the primary antagonist. There's this strange misconception that Superman is absolutely invulnerable and doesn't have any enemies stronger than him, and it's just not true. He gets kicked about plenty.

Typically his biggest weakness is considered to be his overwhelming good-nature. He's too well raised, too much a big blue boy-scout, wants to save absolutely everybody in a world where that just isn't possible. You want to beat Superman? You put Lois Lane's life on the line on one side of the country, and a city load of people on the other side, with no time to stop both. Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor's most brilliant move (shame they ruined it with magic time travel).

Edited by Shorty

Loved that. Set the tone and the scope but didn't give too much away. I suspect most of that was from the first half of the film and the next trailer will be more action focused with a lot more Zod.

I am excited.

Ahhhhh I'm not sure.

I dunno, I'm just not sure if the tone is right [of that trailer for me atleast].

Think this is just gonna have to be a film I decide on when I'm there watching it.

I love that Amy Adams who play a fat sucking vampire freak in Smallville is now Lois Lane.

I want to see the trailer! But I like to see it big the first time, maybe I'll wait until I've seen The Hobbit in case it shows before that, as rumoured.

Or maybe I'll go home, turn off all the lights, plug in my best headphones, put it on my big TV and sit really really close.

Is it the one that leaked from Comic Con?

Edited by Shorty

No it's slightly different. The one from ComiCon was basically an extended version of the previous trailer with a lot of the footage from this trailer but cut differently. This trailer has a progression of Clark as a kid to Superman, the ComiCon trailer was just a slickly edited sensory overload type thing.

Hold on, previous trailer? Is there now two trailers and a teaser?

I may have let this pass me by... I thought there was still just a teaser.

Sorry, I mean the teaser. This one,

The Comicon trailer was basically that but then they added about 30 seconds of rousing epic action, most/all of which is in this new trailer. You can find it on YouTube, it's pretty cool.

OK, that's what I figured. Yeah I watched that trailer but it was pretty hard to make much out. Kept expecting a decent leak of it but it never arrived. The new trailer being called "Official Trailer 2 #HD" made me think for a moment that I'd totally skipped one.

It's really tempting to just watch the trailer now, at work....

Watched the trailer, looks awesome.

Felt like there were a couple of things taken from Smallville. In the opening lines, my guess would be that's Clark struggling to shut out his super-hearing, and Martha saying to "focus on my voice", exactly how they helped Clark with that power in Smallville.