NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

I don't mind Crowe, but he's not exactly imposing. Still, it could be a good choice, I'll reserve judgement. Looks like they might also have got rid of the overused crystal motif for Krypton. That armour looks pretty gothic.

I don't like how it looks like he's wearing Supermans outfit underneath, and with the Red Cape... it makes Supermans costume look like a family hand-me-down! Used to seeing him in white.

Superman's outfit is ceremonial Kryptonian armour though, so it makes sense.

I'm sure it'll look way better after post-production. Reminds me of Thor. All the initial pics looked awful and it was bang on in the end.

Used to seeing him in white.
White is just a Richard Donner thing though... the 'family colours' are much more frequently represented in the comics.

Yeah, it varies from origin to origin and artist to artist, but they try and tie the S shield in to his own history. I think at one point they even said it was connected to the Kent family too, like a symbol with a surved snake (that looks like the S shield) was the mark of some outlaw in the Kent family history.

I'm happy with having his costume be pure armour and not a 'superhero' outfit.

Are they pics from the set of Superman??... or from that other Spartan type film he's doing?... because Superman with a beard just doesn't look right!

Superman with a beard is a new thing. I wonder what the aesthetic/feel of the film will be like...hopefully more Watchmen than Sucker Punch. Though colour and set-decoration-wise it could be interesting to see a fully Snyder-ised Superman film. I hope it's all brown and yellow. Just cause you never associate Superman with those colours. Blah blah.

Smallville's gone for yellow quite a few time. There is the whole Yellow Sun aspect of Superman.

20f68mh.jpg

11ceg69.jpg

*though that a red sun* :p

It's Supes with a beard. Remember this story is going to have a bit of Birthright-esque world travelling and self discovery, beard makes sense. Would be cool if they had a John Byrne style heat-vision shaving scene :p

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie-news/2011/12/7/everyday-wb-is-shufflin-release-date-swaps-for-hobbit-superm.html

According to what we're hearing, like Warner Bros might be playing a game of chess once again.

Things in The Shire aren't going according to schedule for Peter Jackson, from what we hear in the rumor mill, while attempting the almost impossible task of filming The Hobbit and getting it out on time. Jackson has opened up discussion with the brass at WB regarding the first of the two-movie Lord of the Rings prequel adaptations, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey not being ready in time the December 14th, 2012 release date. Jackson isn't comfortable with rushing the film out if it's not to his liking. Powers That Be are very receptive to the director's predicament. They want to be in the Peter J. business for a long time, so they are seriously contemplating making some adjustments.

This is where Superman comes in. One scenario we're hearing involves the studio moving The Man of Steel, the Christopher Nolan-“Godfathered” Superman revival with Zack Snyder wearing the director cap (and judging by Twitter sporting a ‘stache that would make Ron Burgundy jealous) into that Christmas ’12 slot. We've been told that production is flying as fast as the Big Blue himself with shooting to wrap early February, and scenes already being edited and sent out to various post-production houses as I type this. Jeff Robinov, who currently wears the crown as “King of the WB,” has long thought the Last Son of Krypton could succeed while the film climate is about running into multiplexes for the heat instead of the AC and, if you’ll remember originally slated Henry Cavill’s freshman foray into fighting for truth, justice and the American way for December 2012 while the entire Hobbit production was up in the air before Jackson stepped in to save it.

If the above angle comes into play that would push The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey to December of 2013 and The Hobbit: There & Back Again to December 2014. In that case, WB gets their Superman epic out before the 2013 deadline where they’d have to pay up extra dough to the Siegel/Shuster estates (and for once, beat Marvel to the punch with putting a big superhero blockbuster out for the Holiday season instead of the standard operating procedure of summer with their November 2013 release of Thor 2) and Jackson gets an extra year to do his magic in Middle Earth again. It'd also be a great WB/DC one-two punch along with The Dark Knight Rises to help fans get the bad taste of Green Lantern out of their mouths quicker.

I'd be ok with this, afterall Supes was supposed to come out next December anyway and was only moved to summer 2013 because they had nothing for the summer. And they really dont want to rush out The Hobbit so its win win all round I reckon.

I always thought Superman seemed too far away, given they've been filming for a while now, and especially when compared to how quickly Marvel are mangaging to do an epic like The Avengers in just over a year!

I'm sure everyone wants to see The Hobbit have it's time taken with as well.

I'm cool with this. Always thought the release was too close to The Dark Knight (although I can't remember when exactly those were now) and Supes would be a great Xmas blockbuster.

If it's the only big film at Xmas it's virtually guaranteed a follow up because it'll rake in the gross.

But it's just been debunked, anyway.

I'm cool with this. Always thought the release was too close to The Dark Knight (although I can't remember when exactly those were now) and Supes would be a great Xmas blockbuster.

If it's the only big film at Xmas it's virtually guaranteed a follow up because it'll rake in the gross.

But it's just been debunked, anyway.

Superman is actually now closer to TDKR (out next summer). It was previously 2013.

Last time I checked they were like a month apart with Spiderman coming out in between. Or something insane like that.

Oh right! Well if that was the case it's a great move!

The Avengers/TDKR/Spiderman/Superman would have been crazy!

When's TDKR out?

Avengers - May 4, 2012

AS-m - July 3, 2012

TDKR - July 20, 2012

MoS - June 14, 2013 (My bad, I thought it was 2012)

Basically, Spiderman and Batman are too close together.

Yeah they are WAY too close together!

I might actually think about seeing Batman first, then Spider man (which will still be in cinemas)... which sounds wierd, but I'm so hyped for Batman, that I don't really want to lesson it with another superhero movie so close beforehand.