NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Routh was perfect in that role and a great, great Superman. Nobody would ever deny that.

I can tell though that by Henry's casting they are going for a slightly different take. A little less all-American, big smile, wink, cheese kinda thing. I hate using the word "darker" but I think a little more "real world" this time.

I'm amazed that people liked Routh. I honestly thought he spoke like a mouse. Go back and watch that scene where he walks onto the aeroplane and find me one ounce of the presence Superman ought to have in the deliverance of his lines.

I like it.

Are they doing the new costume? Parts of it look layered like the armoured look for the new Supes costume.

Well the boots just look like normal Superman boots. We'll know for sure when we get an image that shows properly if thats just a belt or his underoonies. Id assume theyre going for the well known costume, not enough time will have passed for people to understand the change I dont think.

I was just saying because on his leg there is part of the costume that is raised above the rest.

WB should of just released an actual shot of him like they did for Returns.

I thought the underoos looked a bit blue, and that there might be a shape on the wrist, so considered that this might be the new cossie.

Official Synopsis

"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question -- Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as 'Superman,' not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."

Wait, wait wait...is that NuDC Superman?

Also, really wish I could legitimately walk around with a cape.

I think his arms look too muscular. He's the man of steel, he doesn't have to be ripped to shit. Not fully convinced by this suit yet... will await the first trailer.

I always hear that argument, "he's an alien who gets his strength from the sun, he doesn't need muscles!"

But when has he ever been drawn without them in the comics?

jim_lee_superman1.jpg

It's just part of his image.

I don't mind him looking muscular/strong, of course you'd expect him to be... but not Chris Redfield ripped, he'd be busting out of his work suits!

In Smallville Clark still manages to look strong/subremely physically fit/imposing for example, but also perfectly pulls off the regular guy look.

But anyway, like I say, thats just a specific muscular still, it might look different in motion.

He should never look too ridiculous though- and I think the slightly less buff look makes his strength more disproportionate, more alien. It's always about balance.

I don't think it's too big anyway but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm still not sold on the suit. I also think the blue of it is too dark.

Zack Snyder is directing. He'll probably post-process the film so much it won't look anything like that colour.

Also, I think his arms are fine. His legs though?! Huge.

It would look really bad if he wasn't muscular/wide.

I think it looks kinda cool.