NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Laurence Fishburne cast as Perry White in 'Man of Steel'

Lois Lane and Clark Kent just got their boss: Laurence Fishburne will play Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White in Man of Steel, EW has learned exclusively. White has traditionally been a hard-charging, old fashioned newspaperman, who relies on his ace reporters, Clark and Lois, to get the big scoop. Jackie Cooper played White in the Christopher Reeve-era Superman films, and Frank Langella took on the role in director Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns in 2006.

The casting resolves the question of what Laurence would be up to following his departure this May from CBS’ long-running CSI after just over two seasons. (Ted Danson will take Fishburne’s place on the show this fall.)

The Superman reboot, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, stars Henry Cavill as Clark (a.k.a. Superman), Amy Adams as Lois, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, and Diane Lane as Martha Kent. David Goyer (Batman Begins) is penning the script. Man of Steel is due to begin filming this fall, and is slated for release on June 14, 2013. (Reporting by Jeff Jensen)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/02/laurence-fishburne-perry-white-man-of-steel-exclusive/

Laurence Fishburne cast as Perry White in 'Man of Steel'

Lois Lane and Clark Kent just got their boss: Laurence Fishburne will play Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White in Man of Steel, EW has learned exclusively. White has traditionally been a hard-charging, old fashioned newspaperman, who relies on his ace reporters, Clark and Lois, to get the big scoop. Jackie Cooper played White in the Christopher Reeve-era Superman films, and Frank Langella took on the role in director Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns in 2006.

The casting resolves the question of what Laurence would be up to following his departure this May from CBS’ long-running CSI after just over two seasons. (Ted Danson will take Fishburne’s place on the show this fall.)

The Superman reboot, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, stars Henry Cavill as Clark (a.k.a. Superman), Amy Adams as Lois, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, and Diane Lane as Martha Kent. David Goyer (Batman Begins) is penning the script. Man of Steel is due to begin filming this fall, and is slated for release on June 14, 2013. (Reporting by Jeff Jensen)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/02/laurence-fishburne-perry-white-man-of-steel-exclusive/

He seems a bit of an odd choice for the role tbh, and that's nothing to do with his skin colour. He's a bit too cool and maybe a little too young!

Was never gonna live up to this:

177px-284px-PerryWhite-LaneSmith.jpg

In the last Predator film, Lawrence Fishburne was a nutter. Hopefully he brings some of those eccentricities to Perry and goes easy on the Morpheus.

Well it's a change.

I'm actually very looking foward to Adams' Lois Lane too. I can see her as a Brenda Starr-esque figure*. I have no idea what Henry Cavill is like as an actor.

*brendabig.gif

Well, I don't think any of us were expecting this to appear today! Regardless, Warner Bros. have unveiled our first look at Henry Cavill in full costume as Superman, in the first official still from Man of Steel. Many thanks to Twitter's @RIMBreaks for the heads up. Be sure to share your thoughts on this image by using the poll, the "Like" and "Dislike" buttons, and the comments section below!

0804supes-big.jpg

Source - comicbookmovie.com

Just going off that... I'm not liking the look, either him or the costume.

Don't think he has the look of Superman there, and the costume doesn't really seem to have been brough up to date in any real way to make it feel relevant. Also think the 'S' overpowers.

But I'll wait to see more.

They've copied Spider-man's ridiculous "textured" look.

an actual spandex look would look absurd though - no super hero costume has ever looked as smooth as they do in the books.

Superman_Returns_6.jpg

Routh was always a good supes I thought, but it's hard to judge these things without seeing them in motion because that's what they're designed for.

Im not too bothered about the texturing, dont particularly like the S and I just dont think Henry Cavill seems to have the right look for Superman.

Looks fine to me. He doesn't have the typical Supes look though, no. But I don't like to judge too much from early production stills.

I actually kinda like it :) the shield is very old school, the cape captures a real comic-book look, but the texture is more modern. Returns' suit had a texture too, in fact it had a ridiculous one made of a million 'S' shapes.

Funnily enough I think that shot makes him look a bit like Christian Slater. I think it's his hair and the angle. He looks better here

henry-cavill-hair.jpg

Tell you what I really liked about Routh - he wasn't that ripped. He's a big guy naturally but he wasn't that muscular in the movie which gave him a sense of even more disproportionate strength when he did super stuff. Made him seem more alien, I thought.

I just wish Routh hadnt been stuck with the crappy Superman movie as his only one. He deserved another shot with a better story.