NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Realism only dictates the world each character lives in. Nolan's Batman is hardly realistic in his actions. In the first twenty minutes of Begins he blows up a whole league of deadly assassins. Realistic? Hardly.

There are different 'realms' of realism. An invincible alien is something which, if you suspend your disbelief, could happen, once you get past that you have to remain true to your own invention to create a sense of relative realism. One of the things Superman Returns did wrong was having Supes pick up a small continent made of Kryptonite, when earlier in the film we'd seen him struggle to catch an airliner, and later pass out just from being stood on said continent.

Realistic doesn't have to mean "this could happen", (if you think it does, then Batman is your argument? Really?) but rather being true to the fiction you have created and inserting it into believable scenarios. Or, more specifically, never leaving your audience saying "but... How did he...?"

There are different 'realms' of realism. An invincible alien is something which, if you suspend your disbelief, could happen, once you get past that you have to remain true to your own invention to create a sense of relative realism. One of the things Superman Returns did wrong was having Supes pick up a small continent made of Kryptonite, when earlier in the film we'd seen him struggle to catch an airliner, and later pass out just from being stood on said continent.

Realistic doesn't have to mean "this could happen", (if you think it does, then Batman is your argument? Really?)

Feasibility has to come in to it, I can believe that about Batman, given that he one or two sandwiches short of a picnic.

BTW, I want something like a live action version of this.

Something so completely ridiculously over the top action wise, that you know it is completely impossible.

Feasibility has to come in to it, I can believe that about Batman, given that he one or two sandwiches short of a picnic.

Something so completely ridiculously over the top action wise, that you know it is completely impossible.

Ah I remember that clip. Everytime I watch it I cant help but wonder just how many people Superman killed when he punches Darkseid through all those buildings :p

Not to mention the bit where he twats him in to a heavily populated metropolitan intersection at midday. The Cunt.

It can easily be explained:

Superspeed x-ray/microscopic vision means he could either aim for empty office floors or simply aim a trajectory which hits nobody.

Or yknow, it's a cartoon.

I can't find the Smallville thread (if there is one) but UUUUUUURGGH!! Why isn't Batman in Smallville?! Just watched one of the recent episodes and Chloe mentions casually a 'billionaire with high tech toys' and I'm like BATMAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!

More Batman, please.

Would love it if he cameo'd in Man of Steel.

I can't find the Smallville thread (if there is one) but UUUUUUURGGH!! Why isn't Batman in Smallville?! Just watched one of the recent episodes and Chloe mentions casually a 'billionaire with high tech toys' and I'm like BATMAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!

More Batman, please.

DC never allowed it, the same for Wonder Woman. it wasn't for the lack of the producers trying.

More Batman, please.

Cross overs would be ace!!

Unfortunatly it is all to do with the rights to use the name and would need permission bla bla bla.

They did say 'Gothem' in a earlier season of smallville though in reference to another city.

I can picture it in 'The Dark Knight Rises':

Alfred: "Hey Bruce you look all serious and cool in ur suit, but some dude in another city actually FLIES around with a silly red cape on!" And he is like totally an alien."

Edited by Mike1988uk

TBF Shorty showed me that exact clip a few years ago. I would love to see soups go all hardcore and Rock Lee Unleashed on us.

OTT action badassery is always welcome.

DC never allowed it, the same for Wonder Woman. it wasn't for the lack of the producers trying.

Why are DC so against their three main heroes crossing over?

Also, someone needs to de-lame Wonder Woman.

TBF Shorty showed me that exact clip a few years ago. I would love to see soups go all hardcore and Rock Lee Unleashed on us.

OTT action badassery is always welcome.

Only Rock Lee can do what Rock Lee does.

Wondy in the comics is great. Not sure what's going on with her currently, with the weird relaunch/costume change thing but yeah. More interesting as a character than Superman generally.

I hope you are joking......

Is it old or something? :( I only just saw it now... I really dislike it.

Edited by heroicjanitor