NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Dude. I really hate Smallville spoilers, and you go jam them in this thread without using spoiler tags? What is up with you people???

Next person to spoil something about Smallville gets a temporary ban. See if I'm kidding.

Sally Field > Diane Lane

Well...Sally Field makes my life nicer. I can't remember what I've seen Diane Lane in.

Superman news: Amy Adams will be Lois Lane

This just in — three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams will play journalist Lois Lane in Hollywood’s revival of “Superman.”

The 36-year-old star got the news on Sunday from director Zack Snyder, who phoned her from Paris, where he was promoting his just-opened film, “Sucker Punch.” There had been a crush of Hollywood interest in the lead female role in the Warner Bros. project but Snyder said that after meeting with Adams, she was the clear choice to take on a character that dates back to 1938 and has long represented the strong, professional woman who can hold her own against any man – even if he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

“There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.”

Snyder declined to discuss the precise prominence of Lois in the story or any plot details about the film but he said the role is “a linchpin” to the project and that he considers it essential that Lois — an FDR-era creation – arrives on screen in 2012 with contemporary appeal and spirit.

“It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes. That applies to Lois as well. She has to be in the same universe as him [in tone and substance].”

Adams has shown an affinity for finding the plucky but pitch-perfect center of old-school roles; in the cartoonish ”Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian” she brought a surprising amount of yearning emotion to the role of a simplified Amelia Earhart and she won rave reviews for the role of Giselle in “Enchanted” and its sly send-up of Disney princess traditions that date back to “Snow White,” which premiered just six months before Lois Lane hit newsstands in the pages of Action Comics No. 1.

Adams is coming off an Academy Award nomination for her work in ”The Fighter,” the David O. Russell film that took her into far darker territory; she played a bartender named Charlene who is fire-tested and fierce in her love for a down-but-not-out boxer portrayed by Mark Wahlberg. The film earned an Oscar win for Christian Bale, who played Wahlberg’s deliriously drugged-out brother, and he will be in the other big superhero film of 2012, “The Dark Knight Rises,” which will see Bale back in the cowl of Batman.

The big breakthrough for Adams was “Junebug,” which premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival, where Adams won a special jury prize for her performance. The star’s other notable credits include ”Julie & Julia,” “Sunshine Cleaning” and “Charlie Wilson’s War.”

In the still-untitled Superman film, Henry Cavill will play Clark Kent and the Man of Steel. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are set to play the Kents, the adoptive parents of the last son of Krypton.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/03/27/amy-adams-will-be-lois-lane/?dlvrit=63378

Hmmm, the cast so far seems pretty good for this. I approve.

Yes. She's great. She has the face/attitude, whilst being one you'd never think of.

I remember when she was the fat sucking vampire on Smallville.

340x.jpg

OMG! She was my fave!! My family named her Lipsuction Girl. I loved. And when she came back like 2 season later to ruin Lana's life again. :bowdown:

I never knew that was Amy Adams.

Hmm. I find her face kind of irritating. I'll deal though, considering this film should be great.

I remember when she was the fat sucking vampire on Smallville.

340x.jpg

Oh God. With the massive CGI jaw that opened to devour a whole, raw deer? That shit was whack. Yeah, I said that

Oh God. With the massive CGI jaw that opened to devour a whole, raw deer? That shit was whack. Yeah, I said that

Craving5.jpg

Fuck family and girlfriends, I want to hear about villains.

Better not be Lex Luthor again.

Oh I hope he is.

Hopefully his plan will involve a massive real estate scam of some sorts.

They are my favorite.

Nooooooooooooo, I want Braniac, and not some human looking version of him like on Smallville, I want the green skinned triple dioded forehead version with planet sucking space ships.

They could have multiple villains if they have some as "cameos". Riot could be a cameo-type one.

Riot-1.jpg

I think Brainiac should be the main villain though, or if they were going to be great with it, adapt Grant Morrison's vision of Darkseid and the New Gods/Apokolips stuff from Seven Soldiers. But they won't.

How much has Sucker Punch grossed so far? Is it a success or flop? Or somewhere in between?

The studios must be nervous about their decision of director now. But obviously not if Sucker Punch brings in tha moneh. And I assume/hope Snyder won't be writing Man of Steel himself.

Currently on $54 million. It'll make it's money back easily (It'll do the business internationally). All Snyder's films have. Whatever the case I doubt the studio will be nervous because Superman is an established brand, Snyder is definitely a safe bet to adapt something and if it does turn out crap they'll just reboot it again.

Then again, Singer's Superman Returns made as much money as Batman Begins and the studio trashed that.

Goyer is writing Man of Steel. That man can write. Well enough.

Edited by Daft

Currently on $54 million. It'll make it's money back easily (It'll do the business internationally). All Snyder's films have. Whatever the case I doubt the studio will be nervous because Superman is an established brand, Snyder is definitely a safe bet to adapt something and if it does turn out crap they'll just reboot it again.

Then again, Singer's Superman Returns made as much money as Batman Begins and the studio trashed that.

Goyer is writing Man of Steel. That man can write. Well enough.

But Superman Returns was;

A) The most expensive film ever made at the time

and

B) A piece of shit.

:p