NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

I'd just like to say season 9 of Smallville was really good and I think I'm 9 episodes maybe 10 into the final season and its brilliant.

I love that since season 9 they have been including more heroes and villians from the DCverse. I cannot wait for the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold episode later in the season. Its going to have to be brilliant to top Johns last Smallvile episode Absolute Justice.

That gave me super lulz.

Nicolas Cage is a terrible terrible person.

What I'm saying is.....and you know I'm the first one to cry foul play when Paj/OW/etc say "oh this is good....good isn't subjective" or whatever, I understand the love for Smallville....I completely understand it, I'm not getting at you for that. I am saying that the acting isn't good....acting is the immitation of life....its not really something that is disputable over quality. Certain people for example Nicolas Cage are highly debatable (I personally love him, think his acting works in certain films and is shit in others) but thats all context.

But yes, I've only seen 10 hours or whatever of Smallville so you are partially right in that I don't know what happens in the whole course.

But different people can still have different interpretations of and opinions on how well a character is believably acted, can they not? It's all in our minds, I'd say.

I love Smallville because it's superheroes on prime TV, nuff said. Is the acting amazing? of course it's not but then there's definitely worse on TV. If it wasn't for Smallville and the success it's had, I doub't we'd have seen quite so many Superhero films like we have recently and shows like No Ordinary Family and The Cape.

These last two seasons of Smallville have been good. The previous eight seasons? Awful.

Awful.

Awful.

These last two seasons of Smallville have been good. The previous eight seasons? Awful.

Awful.

Awful.

Yep, that's because it's gone from being a Dawsons Creek wannabe to what the show should have been from an early stage. I can understand spending a season with CK learnng about his powers and all that shiz but not 7+ seasons.

yeah i have to admit I watched Smallville season 1 and was interested in it just for the sheer wow of it. However got bored half way through Season 2 and never went back to it, didn't wanna make even the financial or time commitment to watching the rest.

I'd just like to say season 9 of Smallville was really good and I think I'm 9 episodes maybe 10 into the final season and its brilliant.

I love that since season 9 they have been including more heroes and villians from the DCverse. I cannot wait for the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold episode later in the season. Its going to have to be brilliant to top Johns last Smallvile episode Absolute Justice.

Man. Fuck you.

Seriously.

I am actually considering giving you an infraction for that DOUBLE spoiler.

You suck.

At least he didnt let slip the spoiler that all the villains that have ever appeared on the show have been confirmed for the finale, if I didnt already know that and was told it'd piss me off no end!

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman

Henry-Cavill-203x300.jpg

Warner Bros. has cast The Tudors co-star Henry Cavill as the lead in Zack Snyder’s Superman movie, Deadline reports.

The 27-year-old British actor had previously been a front-runner to play the Man of Steel in the planned Superman: Flyby under McG and then Brett Ratner. But when Bryan Singer came on-board to direct Superman Returns, he of course cast Brandon Routh.

Curiously Cavill’s name had been absent from recent casting rumors, which had included everyone from Matthew Goode to Armie Hammer to even Jon Hamm. Just this week, True Blood star Joe Manganiello confirmed he was up for the role of the Last Son of Krypton. So Cavill’s casting may come as a bit of a surprise. However, his age and height — he’s 6’1″ — certainly meet the studio requirements. And he certainly looks the part.

“In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen,” Snyder said in a statement. “I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Snyder’s Superman reboot, thought to be called Man of Steel, is written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer and producer Christopher Nolan. Charles Rovan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder also are producing. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are executive producers. Filming is expected to begin in June for a December 2012 release.

I'd love to see Brandon Routh play Superman again too. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago at a signing and he seemed like a really nice guy. I told him i thought he did a fantastic job and he was genuinely thankful of my praise. We spoke for a while about many things, top bloke. Not an arrogant arse like a few famous people i've met.

I actually thought Superman Returns wasn't all that bad of a movie either. Just hearing the theme tune in the cinema gave me goosebumps!

to be fair smallville was never ment to of been 10 seasons long, it was suppose to end when he left school/college because by the time he was working for the dailyplanet he had learned all his powers!

to be fair smallville was never ment to of been 10 seasons long, it was suppose to end when he left school/college because by the time he was working for the dailyplanet he had learned all his powers!

I don't really watch Smallville, but i'm pretty sure he hasn't learnt a lot of stuff. Flying for one.

Flying is pretty much the last one he needs, any others are ones that Superman sometimes has and sometimes doesnt.

Henry Cavill does look the part, hes also not too old which is good. I was never that into the rumour that this would be an older Superman.

Although i have never watched anything with him in (that i can remember) he does seem to look the part.

I enjoyed returns, yeah it could have been better but still a good super hero film in my books.

I always thought that superman returns (the new one) was a good popcorn flick, it weren't really ment to be taken seriously, but it had that kinda feel to it.

don't really watch Smallville, but i'm pretty sure he hasn't learnt a lot of stuff. Flying for one.
yeah your right his just starting to learn it now..

I found smallville really annoying because of the fact they draged his learning cerve but they rushed all the villians in.

British Spider-Man, British Batman, British Superman.

We r win.

The world is upside-down. The British are supposed to be the villains! :blank:

Christian Bale is British???

*Googles*

He's Welsh???

Listen to him at the start of this!

'EEEE sounds like 'EEEE's a right Londoner!

Oh god, Kristen Stewart has been linked with playing Lois Lane in the new movie. We really dont need a manic depressive version of Lois Lane!

I read Jessica Biel was a frontrunner - YES.

There is no way Kirsten Stewart'll be cast.

Ive read Rachel McAdams is another one thats been linked to Lois, I think she could be a pretty good one.

Jessica Biel is awful.

Ive always found her just a "meh" actress. I dont remember hating her in any movies but not particularly liking her in anything either. Plus I dont find her attractive so she doesnt even have that to draw me in.