NEurope
Daft

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Ok then, if you guys had to pick a cast from people who've played Superman characters previously. Who would it be? Theyre allowed to be alive or dead. And we can have Superman/Clark as two people.

Mine;

Superman - Christopher Reeve

Clark Kent - Dean Cain

Lois Lane - Erica Durance

Lex Luthor - Michael Rosenbaum

Perry White - Lane Smith

Jimmy Olson - Aaron Ashmore

Ma kent - Annette O'Toole

Pa kent - John Schneider

Lana Lang - Young Annette O'Toole

Brandon Routh was great as Superman (the film being utter shit)

For everyone else I'd pick a new cast. I'd start with people that could act....

Not really the point there ReZ

Yeah but I would refuse to partake in casting the rest of them from the choices. Thats my point. Or detail. :p

Dont you start with that as well young lady!

Anyway I think thats a bit harsh, id say some of the actors ive listed are really good. Its just that you associate them with Superman, a character you dislike so you in turn dislike them.

And before you respond to this, remember that I know some of the crap you think is good :p

Dont you start with that as well young lady!

Anyway I think thats a bit harsh, id say some of the actors ive listed are really good. Its just that you associate them with Superman, a character you dislike so you in turn dislike them.

And before you respond to this, remember that I know some of the crap you think is good :p

Michael Rosenbaum is half decent. The rest, no. Smallville is appallingly acted.

Considering only a couple of weeks ago you told me you'd only watched a couple of episodes of Smallville and that was near the very beginning your opinion on it cant really hold much weight. I know some people dont like the acting and im fine with that, if theyve actually seen enough to form their own opinion.

Considering only a couple of weeks ago you told me you'd only watched a couple of episodes of Smallville and that was near the very beginning your opinion on it cant really hold much weight. I know some people dont like the acting and im fine with that, if theyve actually seen enough to form their own opinion.

I saw about the first 6 episodes, and I've seen odd (small) snippets from each season. The most recent one I saw was a new episode when I was in America.

That being unbearably terrible coupled with the fact that the first 6 were unbearably terrible tells me that its highly likely that that line of quality was consistent throughout. I.e. I could draw a dot at the first six episodes and a dot at the latest season and I'd need a ruler.

Come on dude. You cannot seriously think Smallville has good acting. I get that some people (inexplicably) enjoy the show, but....it is a joke in terms of acting.

I know some people dont like the acting and im fine with that, if theyve actually seen enough to form their own opinion.

Sidenote; You stopped reading Dynamo 5 after the first issue (I think?)

I didn't mean to offend you, and I don't know what has offended you.

You saying this annoys me:

Come on dude. You cannot seriously think Smallville has good acting. I get that some people (inexplicably) enjoy the show, but....it is a joke in terms of acting.

Basically putting down my own opinion and others because its different to yours.

As for Dynamo 5, so what? Yes I stopped after the first issue, what I said was it seemed ok but not for me. I never said it was crap and I wouldnt claim that any writing for it couldnt get better.

You saying this annoys me:

Basically putting down my own opinion and others because its different to yours.

As for Dynamo 5, so what? Yes I stopped after the first issue, what I said was it seemed ok but not for me. I never said it was crap and I wouldnt claim that any writing for it couldnt get better.

Well I'm genuinely sorry about that, I really didn't mean to offend you.

I meant that in my eyes, good acting isn't something ~that~ disputable. You can certainly like certain people more or less, but actual acting is fairly definitive, and Smallville fails in that department....IMHO. I certainly didn't mean to belittle your opinion or whatever - so, I'm sorry.

I think Smallville is great!

I think we're all aware there was a lull in the middle, when the whole Lana/Clark/Lex thing dragged on for WAY WAY too long... and tbh I stopped watching quite a bit between Seasons 4-6 because each time I'd see it, it was the same old same old!

But both the show and the actors have really come into their own these last couple of seasons! I think Tom and Erica have a great chemistry with their characters, and I'm really enjoying the characters and the major increase in strong Superman related storylines and characters/groups.

Roll on Season 10!! Really looking forward to it!

The fact that you added IMHO to the end of that shows that in fact it can be down to the individual.

*claps*

*a random woman screams "Catfight!" from the audience*

---

Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane 4 Lyf. The bit in the opening credits of Lois and Clark when she falls down a slide on her front, cleavage almost showing, was a seminal moment in my childhood development.

I need to find the boxset of this. One of my favourite shows when I was younger. Watched it every week/whenever it was on.

The fact that you added IMHO to the end of that shows that in fact it can be down to the individual.

I did that so as not to offend you further. :p

What I'm saying is.....and you know I'm the first one to cry foul play when Paj/OW/etc say "oh this is good....good isn't subjective" or whatever, I understand the love for Smallville....I completely understand it, I'm not getting at you for that. I am saying that the acting isn't good....acting is the immitation of life....its not really something that is disputable over quality. Certain people for example Nicolas Cage are highly debatable (I personally love him, think his acting works in certain films and is shit in others) but thats all context.

But yes, I've only seen 10 hours or whatever of Smallville so you are partially right in that I don't know what happens in the whole course.

It obviously must be though, for the most part I think the acting in Smallville is perfectly fine. There are some actors in it that arent as good as others and some that I didnt really like at all, but I didnt list those. You either need to accept that my opinion on the acting is different to yours or just come out and say that my view on acting is wrong.

Probably not but so what? Just because one thing is better than the other doesnt make either of them bad.

Just build a bridge and get over it everyone.

Acting doesn't have to be AMAZING for a show to be enjoyable, if it works fine within the show's formula. (not referring to Smallville at all, just in general)

I was completely with Rez until he said Nicholas Cage's genocidal acting skills were in some way in doubt. GTFO.

I was completely with Rez until he said Nicholas Cage's genocidal acting skills were in some way in doubt. GTFO.