NEurope
Ashley

Disappointing Films

The spider-man films are so "...". I can't bear half the lead performances. It's like what the characters would be like if Lars Von Trier wrote the Spider-Man comics, as opposed to what the characters are ACTUALLY like. They always look tired (that's just their faces, but still), they speak so slowly, in annoying accents, and generally their only thought is "FML".

I sort of agree. I was very confused when I saw Spider-Man because it strayed quite far from the comics, and yet it was still done very well. Now CGI is easier/cheaper, they should make a truly great Spider-Man TV series. The villains could return now and then, just like the comics, and they should look exactly like they do on the page.

Want to know what my very favourite comic book films are?

[spoiler=]Fantastic Four 1 + 2. I don't care what the critics say, they are bloomin' entertaining and accurate too. They make me laugh, they get me excited and they're a visual feast.

They aren't accurate, Grazza. Let's not lie. Jessica Alba as Susan Storm is possibly the worst casting I've ever seen. :p

However I was actually defending them just today (life of a film student, every conversation comes back to films), just because they's so hilarious. I love the concept of 4 shits, and the fact the films are just like..bad. But not horrible. It's like they don't try hard enough to be considered a failure. They just are.

Kirsten Dunst looks like she was woken up in the middle of the night by a bucket of piss being thrown over her head, in the rain.

600full-kirsten-dunst.jpg

Gah, wtf? This belongs in the "Can't unsee" topic.

It was obvious he was going to follow his dick.

It's hardly tension when you can guess what's going to happen first time, it's just a case of how long until they catch up with you.

You do know he went for Harvey right?

He didn't go for Harvey. The Joker lied about which person was where.

Sweet Jesus...

He didn't go for Harvey. The Joker lied about which person was where.

Correct.

Diageo, here is an image I made some time ago which should clear everything up for you:

JokerExplanationSmall.jpg

He never says anything to explain it does he? Are you all just assuming he lied?

How do you know? I'm just curious which part I missed.

He never says anything to explain it does he? Are you all just assuming he lied?

How do you know? I'm just curious which part I missed.

Without going back to watch it to confirm, I'm fairly confident Batman said he was going after Rachel, and unless he got the places mixed up in his head he went to the place where he was informed Rachel was. So there's at least three possibilities:

1] Batman forgot.

2] The Joker forgot.

3] The Joker was bullshitting.

Based on his character, (almost) everyone assumed Option 3.

I can't believe people didn't get that. Joker's whole character was based around lies and evil...

Max Payne. I'm fairly sure I fell asleep during the movie. Wolverine was also a let-down, and time-traveller's wife was as well except at least with that I was expecting it to be shite.

He never says anything to explain it does he?

Which bit? The potential deception?

Are you all just assuming he lied?

Yes we are. And you seem to be assuming Joker/Batman has a dodgy memory?

How do you know?

As Chair said, we're going on his personality as precedent.

I'm just curious which part I missed.

The entire character development of the Joker it would seem.

I've just fired up the DVD and skipped to this point for you:

The Joker: Don't worry, I'm gonna tell you where they are, both of them and that's the point. You'll have to choose. He's at 250 52ND Street and she's at Avenue X at Cicero.

Gordon: Which one are you going after?

Batman: Rachel!

Gordon: We’re getting Dent!

Everyone knows where everyone is (or so it would seem). It's not beyond the scope of the Joker to... joke around. He killed the bus driver for Chist's sake! After witnessing the Jokers' cold and calculated performance, it is hard to believe he would unintentionally confuse the two addresses.

They aren't accurate, Grazza. Let's not lie. Jessica Alba as Susan Storm is possibly the worst casting I've ever seen. :p

I thought you were going to mention Galactus.

Oh well, I like them. And Jessica Alba has got a good wiggle.

The Road

Loved the book and the film was still engrossing. Just, not... quite, good enough.

I thought you were going to mention Galactus.

Oh well, I like them. And Jessica Alba has got a good wiggle.

No, because they could only ever do Galactus like that. I thought he/it and Silver Surfer were done fine. It was the F4 themselves than annoyed. Well, really just Invisible Woman and Doom. They were rubbish.

The Joker: Don't worry, I'm gonna tell you where they are, both of them and that's the point. You'll have to choose. He's at 250 52ND Street and she's at Avenue X at Cicero.

Everyone knows where everyone is (or so it would seem). It's not beyond the scope of the Joker to... joke around. He killed the bus driver for Chist's sake! After witnessing the Jokers' cold and calculated performance, it is hard to believe he would unintentionally confuse the two addresses.

But it could be a double bluff, for all Batman knows. Maybe he did go to the address Dent is at, assuming he was lying, but got a double bluff. Either way, he has no way of knowing which one is the truth, and the game appears to be that he can't get to both in time. Dent symbolises the city's hope so is also of great importance to Batman.

Also, the Joker's personality is established to us, but not to Batman. He's only just met the guy.

Which bit? The potential deception?

Yes we are. And you seem to be assuming Joker/Batman has a dodgy memory?

As Chair said, we're going on his personality as precedent.

The entire character development of the Joker it would seem.

I just remembered he got to Dent and don't remember him saying he was going for Rachel. My mistake.

Max Payne. I'm fairly sure I fell asleep during the movie.

Haha, I watched it with a friend on DVD and we both fell asleep as well.

I wouldn't call the film disappointing though as I didn't hold any expectations.

While I never quite understood the dislike for the Matrix sequels, and while I was surprised to realize that films like Spider-Man 3 and Pirates 3 also disappointed many people, I have accepted that this is the case ...

Pirates 3, I personally feel is the best of the bunch, even if it is the most hated. 3>1>2.

The Matrix sequels, however, how can you not understand? Sure, the third one wasn't horrible, but jesus christ, the second one is one of the worst movies I ever saw. And I've seen it many times! Excluding the architect and the merovingian scenes, it's literally nothing but ultra corny action. Worst sequel ever, without a doubt.

The Road

Loved the book and the film was still engrossing. Just, not... quite, good enough.

It would've been hard to make it any better and still be faithfull to the novel.

The basement/cellar scene however is better in the movie. Very well made.

But it could be a double bluff, for all Batman knows.
Also, the Joker's personality is established to us, but not to Batman. He's only just met the guy.

You just said Batman knows dick, so he has no reason to believe it's a double bluff.

Dent symbolises the city's hope so is also of great importance to Batman.

Like he cares, he's following his raging hard-on for Rachel.

I like to pretend that Blade Trinity was never made. The whole plot was quite uninteresting and I remember there were Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds. I actually don't remember much else, besides that Whistler died right at the beginning in an undeserving way and that Blade's car got destroyed. And now I'm back to pretending it was never made.

Holy shit, you liked Blade???

Dear god!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonatine.

There, I said it.

Why? Why would anybody be disappointed by Sonatine?

OH and Harry Potter the 3rd movie, the book was my favorite, and how they completely fucked up the movie was truly disappointing.

By far the best movie. Because it's the only one with balls to understand a good adaptation, adapts the story, doesn't copy it!

I was also quite disappointed with American Beauty. Found it quite pretentious at the time. The second time I found it ok, but still dislike it very much.

What? :blank:

Have to agree with FLink on American Beauty... don't really see what all the fuss is about personally and didn't particularly enjoy it as a whole.

The Matrix sequels, however, how can you not understand? Sure, the third one wasn't horrible, but jesus christ, the second one is one of the worst movies I ever saw. And I've seen it many times! Excluding the architect and the merovingian scenes, it's literally nothing but ultra corny action. Worst sequel ever, without a doubt.

Because I really think they're great films. I don't understand why people think they're bad. :heh:

I'm with you! I love the matrix films. Sure therese plenty wrong with them but they are still brilliant! I think the second is the worse of the 3 to be honest but still good.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab