NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Pigeons!

I'm probably the only one but I quite like pigeons.

Sure they're infested with god knows what but I like the way they adapt themselves to our world. They scavenge for left over food and usually fly away when someone comes near. I dunno...I just like how they (and most wild animals) have learned to adapt to what we do and fight for survival. And food. And I'm weird.

I also like the curious expression they pull:

3972673_dbd4670e10.jpg

No doubt they'll get blasted but what does everyone else thing of the winged rat?

Although one did bitch slap me a few weeks ago. Wasn't so fond of that one.

I agree about the amazing "confused look" they can pull. I quite like that. :) Though I once watched an episode of Verminators that featured a house with a colony of pigeons, and everything was covered in disease-ridden and literally deadly pigeon poo. It was disgusting and gave me a newfound wariness of pigeons.

I quite enjoy their head movements when they try to run. Love it really.

Pigeons are fine by me. Everyone says how filthy and disease-ridden they are but I never see anyone getting pigeonitis or anything :P I can't imagine they're that much worse than other birds

I'm quite terrified of pigeons, almost to the point of having a phobia. It's because they seem to wait until the last minute to fly away when you get near them or they just fly right at you, scares the bejesus out of me. I've often crossed the street to avoid large groups..

I once saw a pigeon walking straight across a pedestrian crossing. no doubt just coincidental that the crossing was there, but the way it walked in a straight line just like most people would amused me briefly. I'm fairly indifferent to pigeons, the main issue are people who leave food on the floor instead of in bins, if people weren't so filthy, rats and pigeons wouldn't be anything like the issue they are.

As for the meat.. not too keen on it, but then I'm not massively struck on gamey meat so.

So meh. I prefer ducks to pigeons, as animals, providers of eggs and as yummy meat. yum :)

I once saw a pigeon walking straight across a pedestrian crossing. no doubt just coincidental that the crossing was there, but the way it walked in a straight line just like most people would amused me briefly.

Oh yeah that happened to me in Birmingham. I was the only one who gave a crap though. Was awesome though. I'd like to think s/he knew what it was doing and it wasn't just a coincidence :heh:

About a year ago I accidentally kicked a pigeon. I thought it would fly away but it didn't. Well, it still was able to fly afterwards. ::shrug:

About a year ago I accidentally kicked a pigeon. I thought it would fly away but it didn't.

Doesn't sound very accidental to me. Sounds like you did it on purpose. :mad:

I don't mind pigeons. Although apparently if I leave my flat's kitchen window open while no one's in the room, pigeons will overrun it.

Pidgeons will die out soon and owls will take their place as the main pests.

Well, it was an accident that I hit the pigeon...For years when I did the "kicking movement" the birds would fly away. But on that day this particular one didn't. I haven't done it since then.

I just wish they'd get out of the way of my car. Fucking morons.

Gulls are the worst thing though.

519Mamepato.png

I love those fat pigeons you see hobbling about. The ones that only have one leg because of diabetes.

Those ones are humorous as well as the over flirtatious ones.

Other genres of Pigeon I'm neither for nor against, although they are all pretty dumb. :p

About a year ago I accidentally kicked a pigeon. I thought it would fly away but it didn't. Well, it still was able to fly afterwards. ::shrug:

It's no youtube, so I can't embed it, but..

Also:

La vieille dame et leg pigeons

[part 2]

[part 3]

Personally I don't mind them at all though!

Pigeons are fine by me. Everyone says how filthy and disease-ridden they are but I never see anyone getting pigeonitis or anything :P I can't imagine they're that much worse than other birds

They're worse than rats in terms of contamination because they fly and therefore get around more.

If a pigeon got in my way I'd kick it too. They're dirty, vile creatures which just spread disease. You wouldn't tolerate a colony of rats living in your attic but people seem quite content to have a few birds living in the rafters.

What I really hate is when you see old ladies (it's always old ladies) come out with a bag of bread crumbs and spread it over the ground.

Bard tolerated an adopted pet rat :p

As The Peeps pointed out, I can't recall hearing anyone getting a disease from a pigeon. Sure they are diseased but keep your distance and you're okay. They're hardly rats circa 1665.

It's no youtube, so I can't embed it, but..

Also:

La vieille dame et leg pigeons

[part 2]

[part 3]

Personally I don't mind them at all though!

Thank you for posting the Sylvain Chomet animation! I was actually looking for that particular one when I read this thread, as I'd seen it years ago. But I forgot what it was called or who made it and everything! So yay, thanks for posting it. =D

As for pigeons, I don't mind them at all. Plus there's lots of people here (even a few in my street) who keep pigeons. You know, racing pigeons and all that. So I'm used to them.

Thank you for posting the Sylvain Chomet animation![..]

No problem.

I forgot too, but I it was included as a bonus disc with my Triplettes de Belville DVD.

That together with George Costanza is the first thing I think of when someone mentions pigeons :p.

No problem.

I forgot too, but I it was included as a bonus disc with my Triplettes de Belville DVD.

That together with George Costanza is the first thing I think of when someone mentions pigeons :p.

Jealous! I have the "Les Triplettes de Belleville" DVD but no bonus disc for me. Would love to have that animation too. =(

Sign in to follow this