NEurope
Charlie

Own Brand Gems

Having eaten Morrisons 89p pizzas for a while now, which for the price, are fantastic I thought I would try the Tesco variety. For a pound you get abigger pizza but its just not doing anything for me.

I would go as far as saying I'd prefer a Morrisons 89p pizza than a £2-3 one you get in supermarkets. Shove some ham on it and you've got a great feed.

So what own brand gems have you guys got? Own brands are really good and save you a lot of money!

Tesco's own brand smooth orange juice, it seems a lot more like orange juice than chemical crap and with 3 for £3 or something it's worth the price.

Tesco's own brand smooth orange juice, it seems a lot more like orange juice than chemical crap and with 3 for £3 or something it's worth the price.

If you go for the new range 3 for £4 ones you will notice a huge difference though. You'll suddenly realise "oh hey, orange juice can actually taste like oranges."

Great thread, I can't think of any right now but as soon as they pop inti my head I'll be sure to post.

Sainsbury's Arrabiata sauce in the pasta sauces section is lubbly.

Own brand weetabix is just as good as the "real" thing for half the price.

Tesco's own pizzas are a bit hit and miss but I think their thin and crispy range are great. All their garlic bread is good too.

Tesco value water: 18p for 2 litres. The tap water at work is crap, but paying 60p-£1 for 500ml of water which is hardly any different is daft. This is my happy medium.

If you go for the new range 3 for £4 ones you will notice a huge difference though. You'll suddenly realise "oh hey, orange juice can actually taste like oranges."

I think if you're still on about own brand then it's the one I've mentioned, they are really tasty! Damn tesco man however replaced smooth with bits yesterday and I had to send them back.

Pssh..

I picked up these cheapy yoghurts from Asda before, and they tasted quite nice, so I stock up on them now.

27451205_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Asda French Yoghurts. Really quite tasty. :)

88p!

I think these are a winner...

001028.jpg?ts=632928028260

I've had those.

I really like them. Really tasty. Lovely with a bit of sugar on top.

I really like Tesco's mid-range curries, the one's that go for about £3 — often 2 for £5 — and look somewhat like this:

tesco_packet430x300.jpg

Unlike every other instant curry I've ever tasted they're genuinely creamy rather than oily, and for my money taste a lot better than the output of any of my local curry houses; admittedly that might not be saying much.

In general I've been impressed by their entire Indian selection, actually.

Yeah they are awesome. However, them being better than curry houses is a crazy statement, or your locals are terrid.

Sainsbury's basics chocolate is actually not that bad.

ASDA SMARTPRICE CHOCOLATE!

27p for easter egg style choc, love it.

You should try Aldi's chocolate. I like it better than Dairy Milk!

You should try Aldi's chocolate. I like it better than Dairy Milk!

Duly noted :D

My friend used to live on tesco's own brand noodles at like 8p per pack... because of a lack of money rather than choice. XD