NEurope
canand

Titanic 3D Release Confirmed By James Cameron For 100th Anniversary

I quite like this film. I enjoy watching it, although seeing it once every few years is enough for me.

Don't see the point in re-doing it in 3D. I don't see what there is to gain. Make a newer film thats specifically created with 3D in mind, like Avatar. This isn't something I'm interested in.

Lol the usual elitist comments here then :D

You all loved it when it came out ADMIT IT!

Well that's my argument crushed to pieces.

You all loved it when it came out ADMIT IT!

Yes. I loved it so much that I turned it off half way through the film.

I've not actually seen the ending. I wonder what happens...

Seriously though, this " I hate it because it's popular" shit grows tiresome on-line. It doesn't reflect what people think in the real world. I just don't know why people can't judge a movie based on the movie and not the hype before and after.

It was a great blockbuster movie.

I don't however think it needs a 3d release lol, It's quite laughable actually.

Yes. I loved it so much that I turned it off half way through the film.

Not even sure if you're taking the piss here.

1: last half of the movie is the best half..... by far.

2: You didn't see it in the cinema? Where the hell were you lol :)

Seriously though, this " I hate it because it's popular" shit grows tiresome on-line. It doesn't reflect what people think in the real world. I just don't know why people can't judge a movie based on the movie and not the hype before and after.

What grows even more tiresome is the people that think that because someone doesnt like something its because its "popular" and not just that they didnt enjoy it as much as you did.

What grows even more tiresome is the people that think that because someone doesnt like something its because its "popular" and not just that they didnt enjoy it as much as you did.

Generally it is though..Most people would call avatar and titanic "overrated" and that's not a viable criticism at all. How could it be?

It's all about your mindset going into the film. If you go in thinking " this film was the highest grossing film of all time" and seeing it 10 years after its release, You're expectations are going to be unrealistic.

Also the more you hear about something the more you're going to get tired of it and affects your judgement of the movie.

This happens with EVERYTHING!

How much hate do the halos games get merely because they are so popular, but they are very solid games.

There are some people who just don't like the movie either granted.

2: You didn't see it in the cinema? Where the hell were you lol :)

I don't really know. I was 9 at the time.

2nd highest grossing film of all time to get re-released in 3D?

Why?

I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hmm. Tricky one.

This will take a while.

Furthermore, the reason why Titanic is a good example of a great motion picture is because it was the last of it's kind. It was a Ben Hur class film. The budget, the sets, waiting a week just to get that perfect sunset, went seriously over budget.

I know a lot of males do not like this film because it has what is classified as a simple and perhaps even cliched romance plot as the backbone of the movie, but the movie is a benchmark and a milestone whether you like it or not.

Edited by Tissue Town

Haven't seen it so can't comment on the film itself, but I must say I think 3D-fying it seems pointless. As mentioned, it's not about visually stunning action sequences or beautiful locales that would benefit from 3D, it's about the romantic plot, which, perhaps with the exception of aforementioned boobies, won't benefit at all from an extra dimension.

Cameron has fired several shots at the 2D to 3D conversion process, so I am surprised he's opted for this.

Titanic, as a film, is 50% unconfortable romance, ineptly directed by a tech-director. The other 50% is brilliant tech-director. Its one of the few films that needed two directors, Cameron handles the action and drama of the sinking ship quite expertly. However, human drama is just not his forte. It was near hiddeous to watch.