NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

What's up with the stupid breaks? It's not the only show that took a sudden mid spring break.

It's because the next sweeps period is from late April to late May.

It makes more sense to air reruns now and air new episodes during sweeps.

I understand about the need to delay it until the May sweeps but the drips and drabs becomes annoying. Although, I guess there's probably a reason (e.g. 3 weeks of football or something) but even so.

Anyway interesting end to the episode.

I wonder if we're going to have a time warp or whether Robin and Ted really won't speak for the rest of the season. If its the latter I get the feeling Robin will be busy with her new job for a while, Barney and Quinn will get engaged and with everything that has happened this year she wouldn't show up at the wedding. Speaking of I guess Lily gives birth in the finale which will take place in May and then cut forward to September time when the wedding will be taking place and Ted hasn't spoken to Robin still.

So there was a new episode last night!

I really enjoyed it. I'm glad to see there's some progression with the Ted/Robin story and they're apparently trying to make up. I could see Lily going into labour whilst Marshall's phone was switched off a mile off though, pretty obvious.

Condolence five!

I swear, the first two episodes of this season were made to foreshadow this episode's ending

:heh:

So there was a new episode last night!

I really enjoyed it. I'm glad to see there's some progression with the Ted/Robin story and they're apparently trying to make up. I could see Lily going into labour whilst Marshall's phone was switched off a mile off though, pretty obvious.

Condolence five!

Well yeah particularly as they already showed Lily in labour screaming "Marshall where are you?!?!" :p

I forgot, how many episodes have they got this season. Have we got 2 more left?

Yep, two more episodes.

24 is the new 22, it seems. :blank:

Do we know if this is the last season?

Season 8 has been confirmed, and nobody knows if it will go beyond that.

Also, there's no harm in speculation. I think there are four possibilities. We know the mother is met at a wedding, and Barney is having one, so either:

- There's another wedding next season.

- The mother will be in the background during Barney's wedding. Perhaps Ted says a word to her and nothing is mentioned of it in the episode.

- A new character (the mother) will be introduced.

- The mother is Barney's half-sister.

I think Barney's sister is a red herring.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

Yep, two more episodes.

24 is the new 22, it seems. :blank:

It's a double episode which is shown a week on Monday.

A very sitcom middle name but still pretty cool. I hope their next child's middle name is Hurricane.

A satisfying finale. Some nice happy moments, some drama and they didn't Lost out on the wedding at the end!

Seems Victoria will be back next season.

That wraps up the most unnecessary, unfunny, useless and predictable season so far. ::shrug:

That wraps up the most unnecessary, unfunny, useless and predictable season so far. ::shrug:

I wouldn't go that far but I would agree that this season has been a little long in the tooth. With things set up as they are, I'm hoping that next season will be pretty much on point.

Always good to see Victoria back. For whatever reason, though, I'm still not seeing her as the Ted's Wife. I'm hoping to be wrong, though.

Also, Barney's trick was pretty awesome. Predictable in its outcome but still awesome.

I thought S7 was pretty good and better than S6 I'd say, if not for Smulders alone. She's been solid.

We already know Victoria isn't the mother. Ted meets the mother at Barney's wedding.

I thought the season was pretty good. The final was great, both story wise and very funny. Good to see Victoria back, again, but it's sad knowing he will never end up with her anyway...(in addition to what Ashley said, the mother first saw Ted at the university). I hate the ending though, I'm tired of all the drama with Robin and I love Quinn. I really wanted her and Barney to end up together.

I didn't like the reveal that Robin and Barney are getting married. They had their thing and there's been no lead up to them getting back together. Barney is happy with Quinn so why change it. Robin is supposed to go off for a while for her career (according to future Ted) so when is that meant to happen?

Victoria... I wouldn't mind if Victoria did end up being the mother, even though we know for certain she's not :p I love her.

It takes place "a little while down the road" which is obviously vague on purpose. However, we know Ted met the mother at the wedding and his daughter is alive in 2015 so we're talking realistically 2013/4, which gives us at least 12-24 tv months to see the break down of Quinn/Barney and the making of Robin/Barney.

Perhaps next season either won't take place September-May as usual or alternatively feature a lot of flash forwards to the bit between present day and the wedding.

All things considered, the season finale was alright, though the first episode went on forever without anything interesting happening.

Actually, come to think of it, the second episode kind of went on forever without anything interesting happening, too. Well, mostly, anyway. :p

It's a shame TV shows are never allowed to end while they're still good.

But it was alright.

It takes place "a little while down the road" which is obviously vague on purpose. However, we know Ted met the mother at the wedding and his daughter is alive in 2015 so we're talking realistically 2013/4, which gives us at least 12-24 tv months to see the break down of Quinn/Barney and the making of Robin/Barney.

Perhaps next season either won't take place September-May as usual or alternatively feature a lot of flash forwards to the bit between present day and the wedding.

I read an interview this morning (on my phone, no idea where the link came from) that said that the first episode will take place in May of this year then as of episode 2 it will jump forwards to Autumn as per a normal season start.

My guess is in that first episode we'll see Ted and Victoria break up AND Barney and Quinn meaning that episode 2 they're over their breakups ready to 'suit up' and hit the bar?

I just caught up with this show, I wasn't aware there was no Season 8 so I just plowed on with it.

It really is an awful, awful show. The writing is just horrendous. I feel like it's being written by some twenty-somethings in college. All the jokes follow exactly the same format.

I don't know why I watched so much of it.

Well, then you'll be happy to know that CBS is already looking to extend the show for a season 9!

You'll never escape, Shorty.

I just caught up with this show, I wasn't aware there was no Season 8 so I just plowed on with it.

It really is an awful, awful show. The writing is just horrendous. I feel like it's being written by some twenty-somethings in college. All the jokes follow exactly the same format.

I don't know why I watched so much of it.

My mates went on about it for ages and I finally gave it a go earlier this year. I hated it at first but I kept watching it while having my tea at 5pm every night and it kinda grew on me. It's still not a patch on The Big Bang Theory, which I find hilarious. Geek refrences FTW!