NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

This week was loads better than last week. Off the top of my head I can't actually remember an episode I enjoyed less than last weeks :/

But it had the great "Edward or Jacob (James Olmos)" joke.

But it had the great "Edward or Jacob (James Olmos)" joke.

Was it that great? Maybe I'm lacking a pop culture reference here, that is the first time I've ever heard EJO mistaken for Jacob? I just thought it was Barney being stupid and that was the joke :heh:

Was it that great? Maybe I'm lacking a pop culture reference here, that is the first time I've ever heard EJO mistaken for Jacob? I just thought it was Barney being stupid and that was the joke :heh:

"Team Edward or Team Jacob" was a Twilight reference - I thought the joke was great because they turned a Twilight joke as a way to reference something great.

"Team Edward or Team Jacob" was a Twilight reference - I thought the joke was great because they turned a Twilight joke as a way to reference something great.

Oh it was a Twilight Reference, ah no wonder I didn't get it... actually now I find it disgusting they would put someone as awesome as EJO into a fecking Twilight thing :mad:

I thought the EJO joke was shit. Even with Barney sometimes having weird gaps/mistakes in his knowledge mixing that up was just too forced. If there had been another Edward and James (i.e. baseball players) it would be one thing but it just seemed too contrived.

It was certainly no Edward James Almost.

Any twilight reference is lazy writing. FACT.

Even disguised references. :p

Even episodes vaguely based around it. I'm looking at you Phineas and Ferb.

"She just texted me wanting directions back from the bathroom."

Hey, it could have been worse - she could have texted you to show you what her poo looked like. :blank:

Despite Lily's dumbness being victim of the writers' "dork" moment of the week, I liked the episode in general. Though maybe it was just me.

Yeah a bit of a dud episode this week. I was really hoping for more from

the Slutty Pumpkin

and the whole Lily thing was a bit silly.

I'd understand if she wanted to move because of the impending family but it was taken a bit too far.

Had 'One Week' stuck in my head since Tuesday though >_<

Enjoyed this weeks episode though prolly mostly because...

Marshall managed to gain 3 extra slaps for the slap bet to add to his remaining one, WOOT. Although he used two up right away but still having 2 more slaps rather than one left is awesome. 100% likely too that one will be left for Barneys wedding, haha.

Though I will miss the ducky tie, had hoped he was gonna have to wear it for the full season :heh:

Oh god today's episode.

tumblr_lvrpp7wqGa1qccs7p.gif

STOP DOING THIS TO ME!

Also winter hiatus for a month :(

Just watched todays ep.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Be damned with the twist at the end too, didn't see it coming and thought it was confirmation of something else :heh:

Looking back, I can't believe I fell for them revealing something so big out of the blue.

Well that must be the worst episode of HIMYM ever.

I don't think I laughed once.

And where was Kevin? Lily's best friends boyfriend not at her party?

Yeah, this episode really didn't live up to its premise.

Also, Robin's hair looks terrible this season and I really don't get some of her fashion choices.

I miss Community. :sad:

I'm really impressed with this season. The season has seen more character development than some sitcoms have during their entire lifespan (*cough*Big Bang*cough*). Some people have said it's becoming less of a sitcom but I don't think that's too bad a thing. Let's face it, your early 20's are a fun time, your early 30's are (typically) a time to settle and I'm glad the characters aren't in a state of arrested development.

Yep. Not seen it this week but last week's was great - felt like a well needed palette cleanser almost that really focused on Ted's emotional state, reminded us of his character arc, tied off a lingering plot line and gave the season that narrative kick start towards the teased wedding and everything with that. I was also happy to see Ted back in the centre again as, lately, I've felt he's been more of a supporting character to the rest of the gang.

Very much looking forward to watching the new episode tonight.

I don't have much else to say that I love the show. Watched all seven a half season for the first time in about 3 months :)

I'm glad Lily and Marshall are moving back to the city as they've been incredibly boring to watch recently and frankly are not the same as they used to be!

If Victoria makes another appearance this season I think I'll probably cry with joy.

Comedy-wise, the show has seen better days (the first 3 seasons, really, maybe the 4th), with the occasional bit of quality here and there, but I am glad the drama part of the show is developing nicely. It's great to see these characters growing.

This week's episode was a good example of this.

Since the return after christmas most of the eps have been a bit "meh", but this weeks and last weeks have been very enjoyable. I thought the comedy picked up a notch again this week too but it was balanced nicely with the character development as others have said.

At the end of ep 16 when Ted said "I love you" to Robin again I swear I could have smashed my laptop screen thinking "not this frakking shit again". At least in ep 17 they went and put a nice final nail in that coffin. I mean we know he doesn't end up with her in the end so there is no point in revisiting that relationship.

Though I wouldn't mind as Charlie mentioned if Victoria reappeared again, in a (doomed) relationship with Ted or not it wouldn't matter... I just think Victoria is HOT and I think Ted was a fool to let that one escape... even if it was for Robin :heh:

I would also love to see something new with Robin SParkles happen :D

I thought the episode today was great. Really enjoyed it.

Just had a look at Wiki and they're taking another break! 3 weeks this time I think!

What's up with the stupid breaks? It's not the only show that took a sudden mid spring break.