NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

Its back after the winter break and damn, what an episode to return to.

The episode as a whole was great. Lots of funny comical bits, lots of flashbacks/callbacks to earlier seasons and who doesn't lovehate Sandy Rivers? I'm also kind of liking how at the moment Ted is just helping friends. I know the show is focused on his search but sometimes he does seem a bit self-centred.

Got to hand it to Bays and Thomas. At the end there was a sense something was going to happen but then when it cut to the empty garage. Fuck, the show hasn't done that kind of heartbreak for a while (last I remember was the end of S1 with Marshall on the steps, even Ted's romantic failures haven't been that gutting for me).

And the countdown! Superbly done.

I just finished watching it (Season 6 Ep 13), was an amazing ep.

So many great moments it was like two eps worth of comedy in one.

And then the ending was such an emotional punch to the gut it was totally unexpected.

When it showed the empty garage and Lily turned up in the taxi I was hoping when she said heart attack that that was it and he was maybe just in the hospital. I was litterally begging the tv for it to not be that cruel on Marshal.

Watched it earlier and yeah, wow what a way to come back after the holiday break.

Sandy Rivers returning kind of felt obvious and yet not at the same time but was definitely nice having him there to link back to all of Robin's past endeavours.

And who would have thought Barney's doppelganger would have been a gynaecologist? :laughing: Nicely done there by the writers.

But yeah, the ending. I clocked on to the countdown quickly as it wasn't exactly subtle to start with, although some of it was more subtle later on, but seriously didn't expect that to happen. Was really gobsmacked that it ended that way. I seriously thought the countdown was going to be for Lily and Marshall getting it on and finally getting pregnant right up until the cab appeared. Just really shocking end to the episode and not the turning point for Lily and Marshall that I thought they'd get this season.

If the rest of the season is as entertaining as that episode, I'll be very happy.

What was I doing all december :hmm: I haven't even seen episodes 11 and 12 yet. I've only got 1 hour before work too... Need to get them all in!

Watched it earlier and yeah, wow what a way to come back after the holiday break.

Sandy Rivers returning kind of felt obvious and yet not at the same time but was definitely nice having him there to link back to all of Robin's past endeavours.

And who would have thought Barney's doppelganger would have been a gynaecologist? :laughing: Nicely done there by the writers.

But yeah, the ending. I clocked on to the countdown quickly as it wasn't exactly subtle to start with, although some of it was more subtle later on, but seriously didn't expect that to happen. Was really gobsmacked that it ended that way. I seriously thought the countdown was going to be for Lily and Marshall getting it on and finally getting pregnant right up until the cab appeared. Just really shocking end to the episode and not the turning point for Lily and Marshall that I thought they'd get this season.

If the rest of the season is as entertaining as that episode, I'll be very happy.

Barney's double was class, I was like Lily, I was still expecting it to be barney in disguise. I'm surprised Barney never thought of that sooner.

What are ye on about with the countdown though? I must have missed something/not paid enough attention.

I spoted the 50 and the 49 on the calender thing in the first doctors place and just thought "that was odd" the others obviously just went over my head

Was there any particular significance to the countdown or was it just a thing heading for the ending?

That was a really strong episode. Great ideas and performances made for an incredible twenty minutes of television. Barney almost stole the show, but Marshall was really outstanding in this episode. His facial expressions were a joy to behold.

The reaction to the end of this episode is a sign of just how attached everyone has become to these characters these past years. It also shows the writers still have what it takes to amuse and devastate in a small window of time.

10/10.

Edited by Guy

After all this hype, this had better be the most legendary episode ever, or I'm going to be very disappointed later tonight. Don't let me down, N-Europe forum members!

i watched 6x13 this morning in a bid to cheer myself up after a rubbish night's sleep and before starting a new job... here's how that went:

:blank:

hmm.. that number 44 on the bar is unusually prominent...

:smile:

hey, there's a 43...!

oh, i see...

:grin:

:hmm:

...where was 5? i didn't see a.. OHHHH high five! ha..

:weep:

Was there any particular significance to the countdown or was it just a thing heading for the ending?

Bays and Thomas having a bit of a lark? I dunno, I can't recall whether they mentioned in general press that it would be featured before or a little bonus game for audiences to play. But yeah, I think it was a way of leading audiences down the path, expecting the end result to be one thing.

I think the countdown was supposed to be a distraction - it worked really well. I thought it may have been a subtle countdown to a slapping but I was very mistaken.

Completely blindsided by the ending. A fantastic episode all round.

i didn't see a.. OHHHH high five! ha..

Haha, I thought that was a weird-looking high five. Totally missed that.

Great episode. I loved the callbacks to earlier episodes, and of course the ending was pretty emotional. I saw the ending coming, though that may have had something to do with people's reactions to the episode in this thread.

Haven't seen this show yet properly. I've jumped in on a few episodes but was told that's a shit thing to do for this show.

It's one of those shows people annoy me quoting:D I'll probably enjoy it once I watch it. I have to watch supernatural to shut people up first

Edited by mcj metroid
used the word first as annoying amount of times

Great episode. Loved all the callbacks to Robin's quirky career. Still not sure why they would do the countdown (noticed the 50 and 49, and then noticed everything from 9)

And man, what an ending.

Urgh. Katy Perry is going to guest star as Zoey's cousin.

I'd rather have Britney back.

Urgh. Katy Perry is going to guest star as Zoey's cousin.

I'd rather have Britney back.

Ack, what ep will that be?

I wouldn't mind having Britney back either.

Normally I hate her so much I'd rather go deaf. But I oddly enjoyed her appearences in HIMYM

Not been announced. Presumably at least a month away if not more. Depends if they've announced this before, during or after her filming.

Cracking episode, like Mokong, I totally missed the countdown. I did see the odd number but didn't put them all together.

When are we expecting season 7 to air? After the Summer?

When are we expecting season 7 to air? After the Summer?

In the US? Every other season has started somewhere around September 20th, so probably around then.

aren't there a few eps left in season 6?

each season is usually about 20 eps long?

aren't there a few eps left in season 6?

each season is usually about 20 eps long?

There's only 1 more for some reason. On the 17th January I think.