NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

That was probably the worst episode of HIMYM. The very definition of "taking a joke too far".

I kind of appreciate that they followed it through. It wasn't great, but they committed to it at least.

And after that episode....we get a really good one.

So now we know the names of both of Ted's kids and we know what Barney does for a living.

Also, Lilly tried to pull the "selfish" line which causes Marshall to flip and call her out on the San Francisco thing (he could have also mentioned the credit card bills, which he had to give up his dream job for.

Well after a lot of ups and downs, they really hit it out of the park with the 200th episode.

Really liked the last two episodes. Been waiting for that Barney reveal for a long time, almost thought they would never reveal it.

I still find the mother very irritating, but that episode was very good.

That was a decent episode but then

that "symbolism" (Robin is the balloon he let go) at the end was just utterly awful. It just completely ruined the episode - and it's supposed to be the moment where he finally let go of Robin.

Agreed. I expected a terrible episode which it wasn't right until the end. It even looked bad.

I thought it was hilarious.

It was supposed to be funny right? She just floated away arse first...

I was disappointed that there were some scenes that weren't shot in front of a green screen.

Watching the season two finale and it mentions that Robin goes on to live in Argentina, Russia and other places. Wonder if that'll be addressed.

Watching the season two finale and it mentions that Robin goes on to live in Argentina, Russia and other places. Wonder if that'll be addressed.

Well she has been to Japan and pretty sure she spent time away in Argentina...didn't she "come back" one time with an Argentinian boyfriend played by Enrique Iglesias.

Maybe at the end they'll just go "Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin moved to Russia for a year" or something at some point after the show ends

He specifically said she worked in those locations though. She did go to Argentina, but it was a vacation.

It's not really an issue if its not address, but curious if they will.

anigif_original-grid-image-27865-1393905508-1.gifanigif_original-grid-image-27865-1393905509-6.gif

Don't do it. Please just make this a red herring.

I wonder if the concierge is a vampire or a ghost?

Edited by Magnus

anigif_original-grid-image-27865-1393905508-1.gifanigif_original-grid-image-27865-1393905509-6.gif

Don't do it. Please just make this a red herring.

I just watched it...holy crap that moment.....they wouldn't....would they?

Has anyone ever wondered why Ted is telling the kids the story of how he met their mother? Has there ever been a "mothers" voice in those 2030 scenes/voiceovers!

I'm getting sad just thinking bout it now

When did we meet Robin's sister?

I didn't like this episode much. And Mokong - I think you're reading too much into it.

They were most probably just saying that for some reason, The Mother's mother didn't show up at Ted and The Mother's wedding.

Edited by MindFreak

Yeah, in season two - 'First Time in New York' aka the one where they go to the Empire State Building.

When did we meet Robin's sister?

I didn't like this episode much. And Mokong - I think you're reading too much into it.

They were most probably just saying that for some reason, The Mother's mother didn't show up at Ted and The Mother's wedding.

Why would Ted get sad over the mother's mother not showing up for the their wedding? The mother herself should have been sad for that.

I couldn't help but notice Ted looked older than the mother. First thing I noticed in the episode and I kept thinking about it throughout the episode.

Indeed, it does seem weird. But The Mother says "daughter", who else could it be? Ted wouldn't be able to be sad in 2024 that The Mother dies before their daughter's wedding in like.. 2040.

What was it The Mother said afterwards?

I think it's misdirection. They know about the "Mother is dead" theories so they're playing into that before surprising us with something else. Like Barney's sister.

I had some of those other theories in mind as well originally; in fact, the theory that it was the Mother that was going to die didn't even pop up in my mind until I read this thread, and even then I was scoffing at it to begin with - it was simply too ridiculously heartbreaking to even consider.

:heh: But I must say, it is by far the theory that makes the most sense, especially considering some other stuff in the series: Anyone remember the ending of The Time Travellers?

I remember that scene, that whole episode, standing out to me as ... surprisingly heavy, but I eventually just had to put it down to Ted being in probably the darkest place in his life at that point. But taking the theory that the Mother is dead into account ... it all just becomes utterly heartwrenching.

After reading the article I linked to above, I went to bed last night in a far sadder mood than I care to admit. :heh: