NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

I think it's a ridiculous and terrible idea. They'll probably do it.

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”

I'm assuming there will be flashbacks/flashforwards because a 0.25(ish) realtime series would be pretty dull.

Totally called it.

I'm surprised I seem to be the only one who actually likes this idea. :heh:

A whole season dedicated to just two days? I think that would get old really quick. I hope there are flashbacks/flashforwards like Ashley says.

I'm assuming there will be flashbacks/flashforwards because a 0.25(ish) realtime series would be pretty dull.

It's a nice idea but makes me sad :(

As I said before I'd like them to go past the "meeting" and show us how he "won over" the mother, given how we had to see him go through various situations and all the things he's done to win over women in his previous relationships. His first meeting with Victoria, not getting her name and trying to find out who she was.... the blue french horn and making it rain for Robin.... The 2 minute lunch for Stella.... Helping Victoria run out on her wedding....plus his constant returning to Robin

Now we aren;t gonna see how he wins over the Mother or see him learn as much about her as he does Robin...

They'll prolly do a little montage at the end of it speeding through the details to bring us up to the "present, with the kids" but it'll still seem a bit meh.

My guess is the original idea was to have the wedding be the final ep of this season then the realised they had no idea what to do with season 9 so they put off the wedding to next season.... fully :(

There's also that boyfriend "the mother" is currently with as introduced in that "time travellers" episode.... will they have broken up before Barney and Robins wedding? If so then why would Ted introduce him? Assumed there would be a whole thing where Ted tries to prove why he would be better for "her" than the guy she is currently with?????

Edited by Mokong

It's a nice idea but makes me sad :(

As I said before I'd like them to go past the "meeting" and show us how he "won over" the mother, given how we had to see him go through various situations and all the things he's done to win over women in his previous relationships. His first meeting with Victoria, not getting her name and trying to find out who she was.... the blue french horn and making it rain for Robin.... The 2 minute lunch for Stella.... Helping Victoria run out on her wedding....plus his constant returning to Robin

Now we aren;t gonna see how he wins over the Mother or see him learn as much about her as he does Robin...

They'll prolly do a little montage at the end of it speeding through the details to bring us up to the "present, with the kids" but it'll still seem a bit meh.

My guess is the original idea was to have the wedding be the final ep of this season then the realised they had no idea what to do with season 9 so they put off the wedding to next season.... fully :(

There's also that boyfriend "the mother" is currently with as introduced in that "time travellers" episode.... will they have broken up before Barney and Robins wedding? If so then why would Ted introduce him? Assumed there would be a whole thing where Ted tries to prove why he would be better for "her" than the guy she is currently with?????

To all those saying "oh but we won't get to see the courtship"...you realise if there had not been a season nine, eight would have ended with their meeting. You're not being cheated out of anything other than your own unjustified expectations.

Anyway, like I said the show has always hopped around with time. I'm sure we'll see some of their future.

Well, the original idea was to end the season and the entire series with the wedding, so...

Edit: Yeah, what Ashley said. :p

Totally called it.

I'm surprised I seem to be the only one who actually likes this idea. :heh:

It's a great idea, I just don't expect them to pull it off. Here's to being pleasantly surprised!

I think the wedding weekend idea for the whole of next season will work well because we already know how it ends up. Ted gets the girl, he wins her over, he marries her. With every single other girl we didn't know how it was going to end up. We all have our favourite Ted girl but ultimately we didn't know what would happen. With this one we do so the excitement wouldn't be there. We'd just be waiting for Ted to pop the question.

I hope that there will be episodes were the group, minus Ted, individually have met the mother over the last few years and have had interactions with her before.

I can only see the final scene being a Scrubs-style flashforward into Ted and the mothers life together before cutting back to the kids on the sofa and Ted saying, "and kids, that's the story of how I met your mother."

With every single other girl we didn't know how it was going to end up.

Well.....we knew if wouldn't work out in every case....

I hope that there will be episodes were the group, minus Ted, individually have met the mother over the last few years and have had interactions with her before.

Yes, this would be fantastic.

Well.....we knew if wouldn't work out in every case....

Did we? He easily could've come back to Robin. He got as far as being at his wedding weekend with Stella.

There was nothing that said the story would stop after he met the mother. He could've dated her, screwed things up, then gone back to her again later on (similar to Victoria).

I suppose so.

I always assumed that we hadn't seen the mother yet, but i suppose it could have been one of his previous girlfriends.

Meh, i'm a little bit disappointed personally with the mother reveal. I thought it could have been built up more...(i don't mean more seasons of not seing her, i mean specifically the scene in which she was revealed.)

PLus she looks nothing like i imagined she would. Maybe it's because she looks nothing like her kids other than having brown hair...

The only way Robin could have been the mother is if the kids call their mother "Aunt Robin".

It's a great idea, I just don't expect them to pull it off. Here's to being pleasantly surprised!

Meh, it can't be worse than the last couple of seasons. :heh:

Cristin Milioti has been added as a season regular, meaning we'll be seeing a whole lot of her (and the cast expands for the first time ever!)

More importantly

And it’s a “relief” to star Josh Radnor, who was constantly accosted on the street about her identity. “I saw [Cristin Milioti] in Once on Broadway, and she was amazing,” shared the actor. “She’s so delightful and talented and pleasant..” Radnor also noted that the cast is a “tight-knit group of five” and that adding another cast member in this iconic role “could have been not great, and it’s so great.” For those fearing that we won’t actually see Ted and his lovely wife together, Neil Patrick Harris revealed that Radnor and Milioti already have filmed a scene and they “have great chemistry together.” Added Bays: “We’re going to get to know this lady, and we’re going to see the two of them.”

While the entire upcoming season will take place over Robin and Barney’s wedding weekend, there will lots of flashbacks and flashforwards. “We wanted to stress the word ‘framework,’ because we don’t want people to think it’s four episodes of flower-arranging,” explained Bays. “Decades will span within the course of this season.”

Plus the whole comic con panel is here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/cb-7pulrsaIt3l5/comic_con_2013_how_i_met_your_mother_panel_part_1_season_9/

They also pretty much confirm that most of the big guest stars we've seen over the years will be coming back (given the context of the season).

Edited by Ashley

Plus the whole comic con panel is here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/cb-7pulrsaIt3l5/comic_con_2013_how_i_met_your_mother_panel_part_1_season_9/

They also pretty much confirm that most of the big guest stars we've seen over the years will be coming back (given the context of the season).

Damn NPH just giving away spoilers....well I guess as it the last season not much they can do :heh:

Just watching Part 2 and they reminded the audience there is one slap left....

Would Marshal slap Barney during the ceremony? Into the Cake? Miss Barney and hit Robin?????

Given that we saw Ted with a bandaged hand later that day at Farhampton station I would guess he gives the locket to Robin, this annoys Barney (as it probably violates some part of the bro code) and they get into a minor tussle, and maybe Marshall slaps Barney down (literally and metaphorically). Either that, or when Barney is freaking out about "choosing the wrong tie" Marshall slaps some sense into him.

First can we just:

radnor-milioti.jpg

Anyway.

Interview with Cristin Milioti and a discussion with the cast and crew about what to expect in season nine.

"HIMYM" is a show that has always had fun with its non-linear narrative, utilizing flashforwards and flashbacks to extend the story beyond what's happening in the present day, and Thomas described Season 9 as having "more flash-forwards than a lot of other seasons."

Bays agreed, "Without giving away the context of it or how it happens, we’re going to get to see the happiness that’s after [meeting The Mother]. We’re going to see happily ever after ... It’s going to be more tears, more of that stuff."

He added, "All the stuff that you might be excited to see, we’re excited to see too. Now that we have a face, an actress, a voice and a person playing this part, there’s a lot of fun stuff that we get to do with it that we haven’t been able to do."

First 2 episodes were shown on Monday night in America.

I really enjoyed them. Few pretty funny moments but I think by now it's more of a "comedy drama" very much on the drama side of things. Don't know why but I loved the part when they were all trying to help Marshall with his computer and then Marshall mentioned in the future that only the chimpanzee overlords and this photo would exist and then that guy said they'd like the photo because of the banana.

Barney's line about Joffrey/Game of Thrones was awesome too. Pretty sure I heard him tell Marshall "There is no try" on the phone too.

And the "ring bear", haha.

Yeah I watched the new eps last night, really enjoyed it.

Though I do wonder if they can keep this "one season taking place over the course of 55-60hours" interesting for teh full 24eps

I enjoyed the first two eps but I was think things like with Marshal

Marshall still trying to get to the wedding and having to do it by car now... he's gonna be on the road for a good few "hours" which will keep him away from the rest of teh group for prolly half the season?

But yeah I loved the Game of Thrones reference and they did it in such a "Barney" way (like his twisted views on The Karate Kid)

I also thought Barneys cake for his brother was funny... just so random yet again felt so "Barney" :D

A bit disappointed though in the whole "i'm getting divorced" thing of James' story there was no mention of their adopted child?

Either way hope we see more of James throughout the season :D

And Lilys meeting with "the mother" (did they give her a name? I forgot :heh:) was cool..... though odd they didn't both realise they were on the way to the same wedding (with the mother being in the band) ... though maybe she is not staying in the same hotel as the rest of the group?

Looking forward to seeing how all the others meet her before Ted does

And the little glimpse into "one year from now" was a nice touch to end the 2nd ep.

Yeah I watched the new eps last night, really enjoyed it.

Though I do wonder if they can keep this "one season taking place over the course of 55-60hours" interesting for teh full 24eps. 8.8 out of 56 isn't really that much!

And Lilys meeting with "the mother" (did they give her a name? I forgot :heh:) was cool..... though odd they didn't both realise they were on the way to the same wedding (with the mother being in the band) ... though maybe she is not staying in the same hotel as the rest of the group?

Looking forward to seeing how all the others meet her before Ted does

And the little glimpse into "one year from now" was a nice touch to end the 2nd ep.

I think that it will work well for the weekend of the wedding. I think there will be flashbacks and flashforwards to full up time. 24 episodes is only 8.8 hours in running time (22min episodes) so there's plenty of things for them to show.

I hope this series goes as slow as a road trip with Lady Tedswina Slowsby because I want more!

I'm pretty sure that they didn't tell us the Mother's name. I think that will be a big reveal later on. Perhaps not until the final episode or whenever Ted meets her.

I think that we might see more of the train journey with Lily and the Mother later on in the series so we will see that they were both going to weddings and probably introduced themselves as well. I reckon this could happen with every meeting up until she meets Ted.

I would think that as she is in the band she won't be in the same hotel as Barney/Robin wouldn't want to pay for a nice room in a nice hotel that they don't need to. She's probably in a cheap one nearby.

Just had another thought... Ted drove down to the wedding but we clearly see he is getting the train back up in the flashforward last season.

We know Ted is The Wildcard, did he pull a stunt and leave early because of it?

If the rest of the season goes like these two episodes, then we're up for a pretty good ride :)

I think that it will work well for the weekend of the wedding. I think there will be flashbacks and flashforwards to full up time. 24 episodes is only 8.8 hours in running time (22min episodes) so there's plenty of things for them to show.

I hope this series goes as slow as a road trip with Lady Tedswina Slowsby because I want more!

I'm pretty sure that they didn't tell us the Mother's name. I think that will be a big reveal later on. Perhaps not until the final episode or whenever Ted meets her.

I think that we might see more of the train journey with Lily and the Mother later on in the series so we will see that they were both going to weddings and probably introduced themselves as well. I reckon this could happen with every meeting up until she meets Ted.

I would think that as she is in the band she won't be in the same hotel as Barney/Robin wouldn't want to pay for a nice room in a nice hotel that they don't need to. She's probably in a cheap one nearby.

Just had another thought... Ted drove down to the wedding but we clearly see he is getting the train back up in the flashforward last season.

We know Ted is The Wildcard, did he pull a stunt and leave early because of it?

Seeing as we've seen him at the reception I guess he leaves because he intends to go to Chicago the next day, and simply gets the train as he's been drinking.

Or his Wildcardness is that he drives the car into the wedding...but that seems a bit dramatic.

Anyway, I really liked the Mother (who indeed has yet to be named). Looking forward to seeing more of her.

After watching the episode I was worried they were going to do two hours per episode (as that will be near enough the 55 hours until the wedding), but then realised they will probably have the reception as well. Plus the two hour time stretch (and at times it felt stretched out, such as Lily's conversation about gum) may just be a premiere thing to introduce the season-long premise.

The only thing I'm concerned about is keeping Marshall away from the gang for too long. Hopefully in the rest of the episodes until he's there, he'll be featured in flashback/forwards. It's an ensemble comedy and you can't have him away for about 8 episodes.