NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

Then you should watch Community, which is actually full of geek references rather than pandering. :heh:

Hmmm. Never heard of it. I may have to check it out.

It was a struggle to get through the last season, add to that I've watched a couple of them randomly on E4 and I've completely forgotten.

My problem with the E4 repeat episodes is that they keep dotting around. I was getting into the story arc and then all of a sudden they went back a few episodes and then started again an earlier series, but not from the very start.

Hmmm. Never heard of it. I may have to check it out.

My problem with the E4 repeat episodes is that they keep dotting around. I was getting into the story arc and then all of a sudden they went back a few episodes and then started again an earlier series, but not from the very start.

Not to mention E4 has a habit of cutting out jokes

Not to mention E4 has a habit of cutting out jokes

That's not the reason The Big Bang Theory is so shit.

¬_¬

It's back!!!!

Just watched ep 1 of season 8, decent ep, good return ep, loved the ending too :D

Really enjoyed that episode.

Unfortunately it looks like Victoria is not the mother, wich we pretty much knew already!

Really enjoyed that episode.

Unfortunately it looks like Victoria is not the mother, wich we pretty much knew already!

Yeah, shame too, would love if they somehow came up with some awesome reason for how it would end up being Victoria...maybe they break up but meet again at/after the wedding and Ted (and her) finally get some cop on.

But there is the thing about "the mother" being in that Economics class Ted acidently went to on his first day as a professor, if it were Victoria surely he would have noticed her there.....unless on seeing Ted she just ducked down under the desk to hide from him :heh:

*sigh*

Yeah, shame too, would love if they somehow came up with some awesome reason for how it would end up being Victoria...maybe they break up but meet again at/after the wedding and Ted (and her) finally get some cop on.

But there is the thing about "the mother" being in that Economics class Ted acidently went to on his first day as a professor, if it were Victoria surely he would have noticed her there.....unless on seeing Ted she just ducked down under the desk to hide from him :heh:

*sigh*

Maybe she just disnt want to say anything so as not to embarrass him?

We can hope anyway. I've always thought the mother should be Victoria! Shes definitely the best girl friend.

Barney's synopsis in 52 seconds was fantastic!

Barney's synopsis in 52 seconds was fantastic!

Yeah I actually thougt he wouldn't make it and Quinn would walk out....bitch should have forgiven him just for managing that synopsis so well, haha, he he even had time left to fit in his Price is Right moment too : peace:

When is Season 8 starting on E4?

Not a clue....maybe next year after it's already finished in the states and even then every 3rd ep they'll prolly jump back to some random ep of a random past season :heh:

I had an epiphany halfway through this episode....

.....Kindergarten is a german word meaning Children Garden..?!?!?!

25 years old and i only realise this now......cripes.

It was indeed a good episode but sadly I fear that it was like any other season starter

That we see the story move a bit forward and then it's left for another ten episodes with no mention of any of the story or the mother, then a little something, and then at the end they move the story further once again.

I really want the show to end this season or at least the season ending with Ted meeting the mother and then Season 9 will be about how they got it to work and get the baby and such.

I get the feeling...

that we actually meet her out of the blue in the middle/towards the end. Bays and Thomas have said that the network still aren't sure if they're coming back for a 9th season but they need to know soon as they're 'reaching a point where the story needs to be decided' (words to that effect), leading me to believe we will meet the mother before the end.

They always have a contingency plan in case it's the last season, though.

As for the episode itself, quite nice. The 52 second review summary was hilarious.

Oh, and I understood Klaus's German :yay: I had some trouble with the two long words, though the first one makes sense, at least.

But I still can't fully figure out "beinaheleidenschaftgegenstand". It's either a very specific, roundabout way of saying it, or the complete opposite of what he meant)

Also, "Future Mom" is dumb. Standing there in the rain when there's a ceiling right next to her... :laughing:

They've said they're currently writing it like it's the final season, but they have a plan B in case the show gets renewed for another season.

Hopefully this is the final season, though. I've had about as much padding as I can take.

Needed more Victoria

Oh, you always say that.

Sometimes even about other TV shows!

I thought all the jumping around in time was a little annoying and that the episode wasn't that funny.

Oh, you always say that.

Sometimes even about other TV shows!

But he's right, every show and film needs more Victoria...not just the actress...but Victoria :D

I'd like to see her in the next Spartacus season...for...erm...*cough*....reasons *runs*

But he's right, every show and film needs more Victoria...not just the actress...but Victoria :D

I'd like to see her in the next Spartacus season...for...erm...*cough*....reasons *runs*

For science?

My first thought when I saw Victoria for the first time back in season 1 was "What a rack".

All these years, those sentiments still stand.

So you guys really liked this season's opener?

You didn't find it lame that Marshall and Lily totally played on the same joke for an entire episode? And it was the same joke we'd seen before through Barney's "boob-vision"? Honestly Jason Segel is starting to look embarrassed to be part of this show.

It didn't bother you that some of Barney's 1-minute-story was just wrong? (Robin went to Argentina, not Brazil. Barney got hit by a bus, not Ted)

You didn't predict that Robin would end that wedding freakout sentence with the typical HIMYM joke format "oh, x is good. that's good. oh btw y is bad"?

You didn't predict that Quinn was going to be in the room and hear about Barney and Robin's past? (Honestly though I didn't think they'd put her sitting down behind the door, who does that? Out of shot would've been fine. And funnier.)

Literally the only part I laughed at was the conversation with Klaus. There was some genuine comedy in there, especially the line about Kindergarten and inconsistency.

Oh and lol at people thinking Victoria = Mother. You don't really believe that. Not only would it be ridiculous, but Klaus' speech about "the one that's not quite the one you're destined to be with", was clearly an eye-opener for Ted.

Could it be possible that you guys just see a yellow umbrella in an episode and convince yourself that the rest of it was epic?

You're enablers! Don't be a "classic schmosby" quoter who lets them get away with dragging this to a 9th season.

It was a chore to get through but I need to get to the end of this show I've put so much time into it. (and it used to be funny)

It was a chore to get through but I need to get to the end of this show I've put so much time into it. (and it used to be funny)
Oh thank god, I thought I was just dead inside.