NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

Anyone else notice how

When Barney was doing his magicians act for Robin to stop her being mad the first two sets of flowers she turned down had a yellow flower and the set she took had no yellow flowers and a few purple ones

Yellow being the colour of "the mother" and purple apparently being Robins colour

The Skittles scene was awesome. Just perfect.

But yeah, the last few episodes have been rather good. Not great but indeed better than anything in season 8 so far, and perhaps better than most episodes of season 7 too.

This is like reading the IMDb boards after a new episode of The Simpsons.

"Fireworks?"

"Yeah. Everything in there is a prop we'll need for tonight."

Even the laugh track didn't seem too enthusiastic about that joke.

I've loved the last few episodes. The one with The Captain was great, too.

Bump

Just watched Ep 23

Seriously? Ending the ep that way?

In the penultimate episode of the season they are dragging up the Robin/Ted thing AGAIN.

I thought we've moved past this!!!!!

Also I only just realised that the next ep, the season finale is NOT THE WEDDING?

The description on Wiki indicates it is "just before the wedding".

Damnit I thought the season was gonna end with the wedding episode and would end would Ted seeing the "mother" playing in the band.... are they seriously gonna have that for the start of next season instead now?

Overall though I enjoyed this episode... it never occured to me till now how much Barney and Robins dad are alike :D

I was hoping though that the ep would end with Barney appearing at the park revealing he found the locket and had it all along (no idea how he might have found out about it) ... sappy i know :(

I just assumed that it was supposed to be a "here's two friends having profound reflective moments on their lives/beliefs together", not a "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE SEX!" I feel it was meant to show how deep their friendship was, rather than how they were meant to be together.

Plus episodes can take place over more than one day Franklin :heh:

Maybe the entire final season will be the wedding! Every episode could be twenty minutes of the wedding day.

Ugh, I really wish this was the final season.

The episode title is talking about Ted and Robin just as much as it is about the bracelet?

Did anyone else notice the colour of Ted's tie (purple) and instantly think something like this would happen?

The wiki description has been changed. It used to say the finale was the wedding.

Bump

Just watched Ep 23

Seriously? Ending the ep that way?

In the penultimate episode of the season they are dragging up the Robin/Ted thing AGAIN.

I thought we've moved past this!!!!!

Also I only just realised that the next ep, the season finale is NOT THE WEDDING?

The description on Wiki indicates it is "just before the wedding".

Damnit I thought the season was gonna end with the wedding episode and would end would Ted seeing the "mother" playing in the band.... are they seriously gonna have that for the start of next season instead now?

Overall though I enjoyed this episode... it never occured to me till now how much Barney and Robins dad are alike :D

I was hoping though that the ep would end with Barney appearing at the park revealing he found the locket and had it all along (no idea how he might have found out about it) ... sappy i know :(

I think Ted's reaction to holding hands was him realising that he was finally over Robin, as indicated by the rain (linked to the umbrella).

I suspect Barney may bring out the locket at the wedding (remember, he's always been able to find out things about Robin). It's odd for the box to be put back in. The bit with Barney and Robin's Dad at the end - her Dad said the same "nothing important" line that Robin was saying the entire episode. He knew exactly what he meant (he wanted to carry on with laser tag). Which means he knew what Robin meant earlier on.

Ah yes good points... Guess I was just misunderstanding the way the episode ended so, what ye say makes much more sense. *phew*

I think Ted's reaction to holding hands was him realising that he was finally over Robin, as indicated by the rain (linked to the umbrella).

I suspect Barney may bring out the locket at the wedding (remember, he's always been able to find out things about Robin). It's odd for the box to be put back in. The bit with Barney and Robin's Dad at the end - her Dad said the same "nothing important" line that Robin was saying the entire episode. He knew exactly what he meant (he wanted to carry on with laser tag). Which means he knew what Robin meant earlier on.

You Sir, are a genius.

You Sir, are a genius.

You've only just realised that now? :D

---

Seriously, nobody's talked about The Bro Mitzvah? I found it to be absolutely ingenious!

I only liked it because it was Barney in the receiving end

:heh: That, and the final twist, which was awesome.

I'm a bit disappointed, since I expected it to feel like part of something bigger. And I thought the final scene was fine, as long as it doesn't push the Ted/Robin thing any further.

I only liked it because it was Barney in the receiving end
:heh: That, and the final twist, which was awesome.

I'm a bit disappointed, since I expected it to feel like part of something bigger. And I thought the final scene was fine, as long as it doesn't push the Ted/Robin thing any further.

I felt horrible for him, but then I was ecstatic when everything was revealed. It was so Barney. :D Oh, and the ending twist was absolutely brilliant. I loved the fact they actually got both stars.

The ending was ambiguous, but Ted's speech was probably the greatest step in his character development in the entire series and should logically get him to finally move on from Robin. That was the whole point of the bean chair episode.

Ah how did I forget to post bout that last week.

I loved the episode. Felt really really bad for Barney at first till the first reveal and was like "phew". and in a sick way it did make sense for how to give Barney "everything he wanted" for his Bachelor Party but to ensure it was memorable and stood out from all his other awesome nights.

Ralph Macchio was awesome and then the final reveal at the end was even better. Though I wish they could have taken off more of that clown make-up fully

@Jonnas I was think same as you bout the ending but I think Ash, Cube and Charlie were spot on in what they said.

I don't know why anyone felt bad for Barney when Future Ted has already confirmed that the wedding is definitely happening soon.

Felt bad for how shitty his Bachelor Party was going :wink:

I mean they couldn't even get the right Karate Kid :mad:

I don't know why anyone felt bad for Barney when Future Ted has already confirmed that the wedding is definitely happening soon.

We've known for ages that the wedding is happening, so of course we knew the break-up at least wasn't permanent. That doesn't change the fact that Barney was treated like dirt.

I find this show a bit pants to be honest. Ted just annoys the fuck out of me, what a soppy wet twat! Nobody is that annoying!!!

Barney is awesome though!

IF YOU LIKE HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER ON FACEBOOK DO NOT GO ON IT UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SEASON FINALE.

FUCKING ARSEHOLES HAVE POSTED A MASSIVE SPOILER.

Same here. It was on the top of my feed when I woke up this morning. Can't believe it. :cry:

CHeers for the heads up.... avoid Facebook till after I watch the ep so