NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

I think if they don't show her, then a lot of people may not come back (or angrily claim they won't come back).

Yeah surely the last scene at the end of this season will be back at farhamton station with Ted telling his story to the old lady, thinking he missed his chance then the mother arriving and it'll end with them both seeing each other and smiling.

Next season will likely be about Ted trying to win her over. Which I'm happy with. I know the show is called "How I met Your Mother" but given all we've seen of Teds love life for the show to end with just the meeting would feel like we are still missing a lot of story.

The final ep next season (and final ep ever) will probably be Ted asking her to marry him, she says yes and we get a quick fastforward through some important events such as their wedding, bith of their kids and will end with us seeing "older" Ted in the room with kids finishing the story....least that's how I want it to end :)

The final ep next season (and final ep ever) will probably be Ted asking her to marry him, she says yes and we get a quick fastforward through some important events such as their wedding, bith of their kids and will end with us seeing "older" Ted in the room with kids finishing the story....least that's how I want it to end :)

Kinda like the ending to Scrubs (before the shit spin-off episodes) where JD saw his future life with Elliot?

Yeah I can see the last episode ever being the proposal, would make a lot of sense.

I think if they don't show her, then a lot of people may not come back (or angrily claim they won't come back).

Also, if next season is getting to know the mother (finding out nothing about her, or how her and Ted get together would be horribly anti-climatic - remember, Stella was a "backup" mother), then it makes sense to show her in the final episode.

Having her in that one scene is easy to keep a secret. Everyone will be happy about seeing her, and will be interested in finding out what she is like.

If she is in a lot of next season, it would be very hard to keep who it is quiet.

So...the only logical thing is that we'll see her at the end of this season.

They should have just ended it this season like the creators obviously intended.

Welp, may as well aim for ten seasons at this point.

I really liked it. :) It really felt an old-school HIMYM episode.

Yeah it was a really good episode. Lots of laughs!

It got better in the second half, which was a relief. I wasn't liking the episode's direction until the 'twist'.

It's been officially renewed for the 'last season, we promise' 9th season. Source.

They do confirm that Barney and Robin's wedding will take place in May, as promised, and while the mother will be there we may not see Ted seeing her (as he appears to have seen her playing on stage). But they do seem to suggest it may take place in the 9th season premiere.

From the comments on that article:

I'm holding out for a last-season revitalization along the lines of Lost...

Yes, because Lost was such a great example of how to do a final season. :blank:

But do you know what is? 30 Rock!

Sorry.

Maybe that person was just hoping the mother is a smoke monster or polar bear.

Maybe they're hoping the whole How I Met Your Mother gang is dead.

Which I can sort of understand at this point. :heh:

I actually think the last season of Lost was the best thing they did since the 2nd. Even though it brought so little closure to so much.

I actually think the last season of Lost was the best thing they did since the 2nd. Even though it brought so little closure to so much.

Lost is simultaneously one of the best shows I've ever watched and the worst one ever. Amazing characters along with some truly awesome character arcs coupled with the worst story ever.

that it just completely pissed me off how much they ended up fucking it up.

That clip I linked remains one of the best scenes in TV history imo (a plane just crashed, everyone is either panicking, dead or dying. Screams, smoke and death everywhere, an epic catastrophe peppered throughout with suffering, bitterness and despair. And yet, in the midst of all that chaos, John Locke is experiencing the greatest moment of his life... now that's quality fucking television!), but sadly it represents less than 5% of what the show was truly about.

Yeah, what was supposed to be a drama about realistic, somewhat mundane characters put into an alien environment turned into a mediocre sci-fi/mystery series whose saving grace were its characters.

The last series seemed to have something going on with the alternate universe, at least. Finally, a return to what made the first two series so good. All while the main plot was as messy and pointless as always.

Hrmmm, I found it a little dull/meaningless. The robin sparkles thing was lacklustre... though a cameo from geddy lee was appreciated :p

At this rate, I expect Robin will pull a Ron Swanson next season and it'll turn out she's actually been performing as Robin Sparkles this whole time.

I was disappointed actually with this episode. Robin Sparkles was fun, but they don't have to overdo it. Beside that, it was funny episode.

And so die the red cowboy boots.

Please join me in honoring them with sixty seconds of absolute silence.