NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

Well...

...that throws my idea of them running the Barney/Quinn plot until xmas, and moving on to Barney and Robin in the new year, out the window. Suppose if they had had a deal done on the 9th season, that may have been how they'd have handled it.

Who do we think will be next? I'd say it'll be Robin and Nick to get the Barney and Robin story on track.

Thought it was a slightly better episode than the opener. Also liking Victoria's new hair cut.

Well... um... that was quick.

I can't believe a third of the episode was devoted to the ridiculous things Barney and Quinn had on their lists. "Ridiculous thing on your list?" "Something that makes it even more ridiculous." Rinse and repeat. :indeed:

Also, the way Robin's boyfriend said, "I didn't realize it takes forty-two inches to keep you satisfied" really made it sound like his penis is a measly two inches, but I guess it could be 22 or 32 inches, too.

Though that would probably be worse. :p

Me neither, but I thought she looked really hot and far better than the past few episodes!

Well that too

I saw "Saul" and could only think of Saul Tigh from BSG and somehow thought you were confusing the name of Nicks actor (Michael Trucco)

Clearly I'm starting to suffer BSG withdrawl :heh:

I'm just waiting for them to make some sort of a BSG reference with Nick, like they did when Hurley was on it and they kept referencing Lost.

They should give him a surname and make it Anderson for luls

Or give him a guitar and have him play All Along The Watchtower...then say something about how awesome the song is and how he wished he could have written a song like it.

Man that would be awesome

It appears that his primary purpose is to be shirtless

I like how they handled Barney's break up. Much better than what happened with Robin (though that's because, this time, they brought up legitimate issues besides the ridiculous ones)

Robin's issue was oddly hilarious.

I thought Victorias hair was awful. The cut was cool, but had she dyed it gray?! Looked like a blue rinse. Still, boobs.

Well... um... that was quick.

I can't believe a third of the episode was devoted to the ridiculous things Barney and Quinn had on their lists. "Ridiculous thing on your list?" "Something that makes it even more ridiculous." Rinse and repeat. :indeed:

Also, the way Robin's boyfriend said, "I didn't realize it takes forty-two inches to keep you satisfied" really made it sound like his penis is a measly two inches, but I guess it could be 22 or 32 inches, too.

Though that would probably be worse. :p

He said forty-two normally, not forty-two. So it doesn't imply length.

Robin and Sam will probably break up next. There doesn't really seem to be much in their relationship, apart from sex.

Almost forgot that today is International Suit Up Day.

Here's a little silly something I tossed together for the event 2 years ago.

Oh, everything's an International Day these days. :indeed:

I quite liked the little ending montage in the latest episode. They kind or ruined the mood with that icky tag scene, though! I was expecting Barney to come to his senses before the end of the episode, but I guess this is going to be an ~~arc~~.

You may not believe it, but today is International Skeptics Day.

Are you saying that it's International Suit-Up Day and International Skeptics Day on the same day?

I SOMEHOW DOUBT THAT.

I quite liked the little ending montage in the latest episode. They kind or ruined the mood with that icky tag scene, though! I was expecting Barney to come to his senses before the end of the episode, but I guess this is going to be an ~~arc~~.

It's faithful to his character. Whenever he's gone through a break up he's overdone it on the women front, before facing his emotions. Wouldn't expect any different.

Indeed, it has lead to one of my fav episodes when after he broke up with Robin the next ep was "The Playbook" I can't get enough of that one :D

Incidently just spotted on Twitter

Cobie posted a new pick of Robin Sparkles, WOOT she coming back for more

Edited by Mokong

To be honest, I'm pretty over Barney in general. Because his character was so cartoony to begin with, the Flanderization (or some other, non-TV Tropes term) of the characters in the last few seasons has made him especially tiresome.

Incidently just spotted on *SPOILER* *SPOILER* posted a new *SPOILER* of *SPOILER*, WOOT she *SPOILER* for *SPOILER*

I feel like this needs to be spoilered after the discussion on spoilers on the last page. :p

But yeah, the creators said they wanted to bring Robin Sparkles back one last time and that they've apparently found an interesting way to do it.

I really hope they mean that last part, because the Robin Sparkles joke has been beating the same drum for three episodes now, and last time it really felt like they were just bringing her back for the sake of it.

Isn't there at least one more season?

And they've considered doing How I Met Your Father.

The show currently hasn't been renewed for another season, so this'll hopefully be it, but CBS is trying to get everyone on board for a season 9.

I guess Chuck Lorre is too busy to create another show right now.

Isn't there at least one more season?

And they've considered doing How I Met Your Father.

Or How I Became Your Father. A long, drawn out discussion about being conceived that is totally not a story you should tell your kids.

Well, that's another one down. I know this breakup will hit some people in this thread especially hard. :p

Who had money on Robin and that guy from Battlestar Galactica being the last couple standing? Seems like they were the underdog.

This season has really put me off Victoria, she's just not fun anymore.

Tbh kinda getting bored of the programme. Will carry on watching and hoping that it doesn't get renewed for another season!

Well, that's another one down. I know this breakup will hit some people in this thread especially hard. :p

Who had money on Robin and that guy from Battlestar Galactica being the last couple standing? Seems like they were the underdog.

Ah, dissappointed yeah, but we knew it was coming... I was prepared... though yeah I had hoped they would be the last ones standing. Thought Nick would breakup with Robin given how she was more concerned about Barney (does Nick know about Robin and Barney?)

Can't believe they turned him into a cook show host... I'm still waiting for him to pick up a guitar and play All Along The Watchtower.... that is all I want from his character