NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

I think it should have 22 eps, 14 seems way too short.

Maybe their taking a break again after 14, or they haven't announced ep names/air dates for after 14 yet.

Looking back on this post by Ash a few pages back.... link doesn't seem to work for me now though, it did work when Ash first posted it.

CBS have ordered two more scripts for the show, meaning it could have 24 episodes this season if agreed.

Interview with the cast about the newest episode: http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b204935_exclusive_himym_video_jason_segel_hot.html

Yeah there's an episode scheduled for January 24, 2011. Don't look at the episode title though....spoilery.

It hasn't been announced but the ratings are higher this season than last. I would imagine they would give Bays and Thomas some notice of an ending (or agree to one) because of the whole mythology to it.

I'd imagine at this stage CBS would let it carry on as long as everyone was on board, so its a case of the actors deciding essentially. But I can't imagine them going any further than 8.

Ive heard that Jason Segal has mentioned in an interview that he is starting to lose interest in the series so I guess it could wind down to how long their contracts are for, it'd be hard to lose any of the cast members and continue it well.

He said a while ago he'll only give it another season or two because "other than have kids there's not much more they can do with my character". Well I think he also said something like "or divorce but that won't happen". I suppose this was before the latest episode but fair enough. I think he'll plod along nicely in Hollywood but its good he's loyal and sticking around for now, not pulling a Mischa Barton.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading something where it's reckoned season 8 would be the last as that's as far as Jason is contracted up to.

Obviously they really can't continue if they lost him given that they've shown "Future" moments with him and Lily, they can't do anything like split them up or killing off his character.

SO long as it is allowed a proper ending it should be fine. 8 is a good number too... though I woul have liked to see it go the decade.

Ack, what ep will that be?

Feb 7th (my birthday :o!) but obviously that'll be 8th here.

And there's a new episode next week BTW after having a repeat this week.

Just managed to catch Ep 14 of season 6.

Good follow on from what happened at the end of the previous ep. And pretty much the opposite of ep 13. Where ep13 was full of laughs with an emotional punch at the end this was near all emotion and serious (with a few laughs in between to split it up... mostly from Robin) and a decent bit of comedy at the end to end it on a happy note.

Also was interesting to see how Barney's character reacted to the situation...

When Marshall was giving out that the viocemail on his phone was a pocket dail I was expecting one of two things.

Either, what actually happened where his father did eventually leave a message on the phone.

Or I was expecting if it was just a pocket dail that as Marshal kept giving out that Barney might lose it a bit and give a speech how at least Marshal had other happy memories with his dad that the last words don't matter as he hasn't even had first words with his.

Also at the point when Marshal was asking the others what their current last words fromtheir fathers were I was expecting him to turn to Barney forgetting Barney had no father and wondering what Barneys reaction might be... that didn't happen though.

Was a good ep, great to see they can still pull off a serious ep with a few splashings of comedy in between and have it not seem tacky or out of place.

Just watched episode 15, great episode.

Glad to see they're finally together and I may be a bit soppy but I loved how they did it. Jennifer Morrison does sad-teary-face really well too lol. Not seen Ted be properly romantic since Stella and they're always the best episodes

:smile:

Just watched episode 15, great episode.

Glad to see they're finally together and I may be a bit soppy but I loved how they did it. Jennifer Morrison does sad-teary-face really well too lol. Not seen Ted be properly romantic since Stella and they're always the best episodes

:smile:

I also just watched that episode along with 16 and 17 too.

Thought they were pretty good episodes.

I loved Barney being pulled up on 'Desperation Day' for trying to get with that girl as I thought he was going to get away with it. Desperation Day in general was also great.

I haven't really been feeling these last few episodes, but the latest episode was really good. :smile:

The latest episode annoyed me when

it gets to the flash-forward and Ted says that he and Zoey broke up badly. I knew she wasn't going to be the mother but to have them come out with it like that and so soon after they got together just annoys me. This woman Ted ends up with better be damn special :p

I loved episode 15! It was done in such a cool way. Desperation day was good too and I agree with The_Peeps on Ep 17.

We're getting nearer and nearer to the season finale. Wonder what it'll bring?

I thought that was a given anyway. Remember reading an article that said Jason Segal (Marshall) was contracted for 8 seasons and didn't want to renew for more after that.

Definitely not a given. Actors are always signed up for years in advance to keep them on retainer (as so to speak). By having a long contract it doesn't mean they will work that long, but rather unless told otherwise they need to stick that long. For example actors on new shows are given a five (or maybe six nowadays) year contract, obviously shows don't make it that long.

Anyway for anyone wondering:

Maureen Ryan: You guys are obviously huge fans of 'Lost.' Are you going to set an end date for your show?

Carter Bays: We knew this question was coming. We're not, no. We [understand] the reasons 'Lost' did it and certainly it made sense for them. Right now we're contracted to go through season 8, and at that point, there is every chance that that's the end of 'How I Met Your Mother.' If that's the case, then that's our end point. But we are open to doing this as long as we feel we have stories to tell, and, of equal importance, as long as people want to watch it. If it still feels exciting going into a season 9, then we'll keep doing it.

I know I've asked you this before and so have many other people, so sorry to be repetitive, but would you ever just introduce her and have her be part of the mix for a season or two? Or do you not want to lock yourself into that?

Theoretically, we're open to everything. We do have a story blocked out that we want to tell, and I can't say whether it involves meeting her or not, but it's a question that I still continue to not be able to answer. As much as people may complain about it on Twitter or whatever, that's the show. [The reaction] is interesting. I get it, and I understand why people go to the reaction, 'Just show us the mother already!' I take a little bit of enjoyment in, like, we have this little piece of information -- in this day and age where every bit of information is available to everyone all the time, it's kind of nice that there's this one thing about our show that you just don't know. Not that we want to torment anyone with it, but it does feel like there's a lot more to the show than this one question.

So where does everyone fit into the side of the debate? Do you craze to see the mother or are you just enjoying the ride? Personally I'm just having fun.

Also amusingly:

'The Whole Mother Thing.' That will be the title of my memoirs.

More here: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/03/10/whats-next-how-i-met-your-mother-HIMYM/

And apparently Robin will be a big focus next season.

tumblr_lhuoe0LPwF1qcjofpo1_500.jpg

I'm torn on the 'mother debate' thing. On the one hand, the show is great and I'm fine with enjoying the ride, as you say. It's a very richly textured show (especially for a sit com) so the mother is just the final piece of a very enjoyable puzzle and her absence thus far is not actually at all detrimental to the quality of the writing or anything. On the other hand, the longer the show goes on, the harder it becomes to justify the dramatic concept behind the whole show. There's a danger (which reared it's head a little in S5) that the show will loose all momentum before the big reveal/ending. Known in the industry as 'Doing a Scrubs' it's something I really hope they avoid so that we all still care by the time she shows up.

On the other hand, the longer the show goes on, the harder it becomes to justify the dramatic concept behind the whole show.

"How I met your mother? Well, kids, a decade earlier, I went on a date with your aunt Robin..."

It'd be amusing if the show got canceled before they got a chance to reveal who the mother is. Amusing in the same way bringing Scrubs back for a ninth season was. :blank:

They've already filmed the ending.

I know they've filmed a scene with the kids, but surely they haven't filmed anything other than that? :hmm:

And apparently Robin will be a big focus next season.

Here's hoping for more Robin Sparkles : peace:

EDIT

I think at this stage I'm actually more interested in seeing Barney meet his father then in Ted meeting his future wife.

I saw the title of the next episode "Legendaddy" so assume the next one will be Barney and his Dad... pitty it's not till like March 21st

I know they've filmed a scene with the kids, but surely they haven't filmed anything other than that? :hmm:

You want to find out who the mother is in the story of how Ted recalled the meeting of his wife. What more can you ask for? :p