NEurope
Serebii

Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS

Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS is the first of the spin-off games released within the fifth generation. This game is a Typing Action game due for release on the Nintendo DS in Japan in 2011.

In this game, you play the part of a trainer travelling through various routes and areas discovering Pokémon. As you find Pokémon, you need to type in their names, in the case of the Japanese version, the English transliterations of the Japanese names. As you type the names, you capture the Pokémon and get coins. The faster you do it, the higher you score.

This game comes packaged with the Nintendo Wireless Keyboard peripheral which can sync with the Nintendo DS, DSi and 3DS. However, the game can be played without this peripheral through a makeshift keyboard made on the bottom screen.

1.png2.png3.png

Game of the year 2011? I think so!

Worse comes to worse you could write it off as a language learning tool :p

Japanese release confirmed for April 2011;

BoxArt;

box.jpg

They say it'll be challenging for adults as well

day fucking one!

Hell yeah. I think I'll devote more time to this game's coverage than Black & White's

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR 2011!

Oh yeah, the Keyboard is Bluetooth and connects via Bluetooth in the game card itself

Hell yeah. I think I'll devote more time to this game's coverage than Black & White's

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR 2011!

Oh yeah, the Keyboard is Bluetooth and connects via Bluetooth in the game card itself

wow thats cool....oh and free pokemon plz

This seems genuinely interesting but what's potentially more useful is the actual peripheral itself, perhaps it will be used in many future games that rely on communication to some extent?

Either way... Pokemons + Keyboard = Day 1 purchase! :D

"Buying this game is the only way to access 'incredibly awesome feature' in Pokemon Grey"

They haven't thrown a "Pokemon Channel" into the works for a while..

I can see them including Gen V Pokémon with their tertiary abilities in this game

The Official website has posted with various details about the upcoming game; Pokémon Typing DS. First, it is due for release on April 21st 2011 in Japan. Several bits of infromation were revealed about the games with thanks to Sabonea Masukippa for translation assistance.

It will have over 400 Pokémon able to be found within the games, a mixture of Pokémon from all regions but a massive focus upon Pokémon from the Unova region.

It also has revealed that you gain information on the Pokémon as you type and thus capture them.

As previously surmised, there are a variety of courses in which to go through, each with a boss at the end of the course such as the legendary Pokémon Cobalion.

The overworld is set out like a keyboard with the courses being the various keys.

The faster you type, the more Pokémon will appear. As previously known, typing can be done via the DS's touch screen or via the bluetooth keyboard which comes packed in. Pokémon that appear in the courses change depending upon your speed and accuracy of typing.

More information is scheduled to come in Mid-March with the next issue of CoroCoro

pikachu.pngcobalion.pngdiglettdrilbur.pngkeyboard2.png

Noticing a distinct lack of fanfare for this game. It's actually quite fun

Noticing a distinct lack of fanfare for this game. It's actually quite fun

I have heard this from people I know that have it. Tempted to import it, but I can hardly spell english pokemon names, god knows what will happen if I start teaching myself its spelt 'Pikatyuu' or however its spelt in that picture.

Im still doubtfull it will come out here :(

I would love to own this, and want it desperately but have no job and thus can't get it/justify it. Which is pretty gutting. If I get a job soon I'll instantly buy it, because it'll inevitably run out.

I have heard this from people I know that have it. Tempted to import it, but I can hardly spell english pokemon names, god knows what will happen if I start teaching myself its spelt 'Pikatyuu' or however its spelt in that picture.

Im still doubtfull it will come out here :(

If you type Pikachuu, it'll still give you the points. It's very adaptive. Take Petilil. If you type in Churine or Tyurine, it works.

Question is if it's coming here. I'm trying to find out, may be best to hold off importing to we know for sure.