NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Rhythm Paradise Wii

I like that they changed "50+ Games" to "50 Wacky Mini-Games". I always thought the former seemed dishonest.

It's not as colorful as the US cover, but yellow is a nice color, too. :smile:

The cover art obviously doesn't affect how good the game is but this particular cover makes Rhythm Paradise look almost cheap and nasty and perhaps indistinguishable from some mini-game fodder on Wii..

I like that they changed "50+ Games" to "50 Wacky Mini-Games". I always thought the former seemed dishonest.

It's not as colorful as the US cover, but yellow is a nice color, too. :smile:

I kinda prefer the American box art but we have the best version of the game :D

I kinda prefer the American box art but we have the best version of the game :D
Agreed. :)

I reckon one of the worst things about the PAL box art is that logo. :nono:

The PAL cover is so lame, I hate the big speakers.

The US and Japan covers are so great, too! Oh well, like you've all said - we get the best version!

Had a go on this at the London Expo today, on the wrestler and golf mini games. Pretty much what I'd expected, having seen both of these games being played on YouTube, and it's whet my appetite for the full game in a month and a half. Nintendo also employed some people to promote the game dressed up as some of the characters:

poseforthefans.jpg

Had a go on this at the London Expo today, on the wrestler and golf mini games.
Nice, did you get any Perfects? :hehe:

Nice, did you get any Perfects? :hehe:

It was just a demo, so no opportunities for perfect runs. Saying that, though, I don't think I made any mistakes in Ringside. I got a Superb for the golf one, too, but there were about five balls I missed, I think.

Just read the latest article on N-Europe's front page... some of the later games are so hard they'd be impossible to do with motion controls lol. The only reason why the DS one had touch controls is because the touch screen is precise unlike the Wii remote's waggle gestures, and don't forget the original GBA game which mainly used the A button and d-pad.

I hope no one's forgotten about this game! Official Nintendo Magazine have reviewed it in their latest issue, giving it 90% and the release date is 6th July.

I hope no one's forgotten about this game!
No chance! In fact, I've been replaying Rhythm Tengoku and Rhythm Tengoku Gold in preparation for this game. :hehe:

It seems that my rhythm skills ain't quite what they used to be either, which is worrying. :heh:

Anyway, can't wait for this. Less than a month to go! :bouncy:

I'd love to play this game at launch, but I won't buy it for 45 euros.

If anyone knows a cheap way to get it in the UK, with Paypal, then holla!

I'd love to play this game at launch, but I won't buy it for 45 euros.

If anyone knows a cheap way to get it in the UK, with Paypal, then holla!

It's €38.95/£29.95 from Zavvi although I'm not sure how good their international shipping is... On the bright side if the game doesn't arrive and you wait 20 days then you can send them a message and they will most likely offer you a refund, or at the very least a replacement copy.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/nintendo-wii/beat-the-beat-rhythm-paradise/10481568.html

Oh God Monkey Watch!

23j6gpf.jpg

Shhhhh.....! Keep it down! It's "someone's" birthday at the end of July and I want to get this as a surprise ;-) Hopefully she's forgotten the release date : peace:

Just found out I should be getting my review copy on Monday, which is my birthday! Great timing! :D

Just found out I should be getting my review copy on Monday, which is my birthday! Great timing! :D
Nice! icon14.gif

Can't believe this game is almost here... :yay::bouncy:

And that it's been 1 year and 9 months since it was announced/I made this thread! :o

Yep, felt like forever. I'll let them off since they included the Japanese soundtrack :)

It has both the English and Japanese soundtracks, unlike the American version.

Plus it will work on your PAL Wii, unlike the American version.

The only thing that's missing from the PAL version are the Manzai Birds and I think the detective mini game.

The only thing that's missing from the PAL version are the Manzai Birds and I think the detective mini game.

You're right about Manzai Birds (that's been replaced with Mr Upbeat - which was also the first unlockable minigame in Rhythm Tengoku GBA) but the detective game is still in (at least it is my US copy)

Oh God Monkey Watch!

Now imagine getting a perfect on that one! (I did :p). Channel those Lockstep skills!

You guys are in for a treat with this one. Don't miss out on it! (oh and play in English before trying out Japanese. US English dub >>>>>> JPN version in this case!)

Sign in to follow this