NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Rhythm Paradise Wii

The Wii Remote's never been good at registering precisely timed movements such as those needed for Rhythm Paradise, so I foresee a lot of frustration. :heh:

I'm so happy! I loved Rhythm Tengoku/Paradise and even prefer it over WarioWare!

Anyone else want a remix of "hey baby, hows it goin'?" :laughing:

The Wii Remote's never been good at registering precisely timed movements such as those needed for Rhythm Paradise, so I foresee a lot of frustration. :heh:

My first reaction is "great!", but I have the same fear Tellyn has. I already found Rhythm Tengoku on DS a lot harder simply because of the stylus controls. it will be great fun, but yeah, plenty of "WTF why didn't it register?" moments.

Although I'm really, really looking forward to this, I had the same feeling as Tellyn before I came into this topic as well. It was difficult enough trying to register flicks consistently in some of the DS games (Rhythm Rally, I'm looking at you...) and I can't imagine this being any better. Still, if they keep the movements simple, and are generous with what is accepted, this could be fantastic. The soundtrack's got to be as good as Rhythm Paradise's, of course.. :D

The Wii Remote's never been good at registering precisely timed movements such as those needed for Rhythm Paradise, so I foresee a lot of frustration.

MotionPlus to the rescue?

I didn't have any problems with the controls with the DS game, and I'm sure this game will work well and be great like the first one.

Don't blame the controls just because you suck. :p

[..]

I don't have any real problems with the controls, but you can't honestly tell me with a straight face that stylus or motion controls are as responsive as pushing buttons on your GBA ;).

Hey, I managed to get 50 perfects, I'll have you know! ;)

So, any thoughts about the release date here in Europe?

Rhythm Paradise sold pretty well didn't it, so it won't be a 'Captain Rainbow' or 'Tingle 2' case.

SO wanting to play this with my girlfriend!

@ Mike

I still need to perfect the following:

- Fillbots 2

- Remix 6

- Remix 8

- Rhythm Rally 2

There is no way you'll be able to perfect Rhythm Rally 2 twice!

Edited by Fused King

There is no way you'll be able to perfect Rhythm Rally 2 twice!

Nope, that was the last perfect I got, and it took soo many attempts. I still partly blame the controls, though..

motion plus or i am not interested.

and I got really fed up on the DS one, just wasnt working for me

I hope there will be some sort of high score upload stuff in there, for I want to challenge the REDSHELL! (online would be even better)

Gametrailers have it down as Rhythm Heaven, which makes sense following on from Rhythm Paradise.

No, my friend.

Europe got 'Rhythm Paradise' and the USA got 'Rhythm Heaven' for the DS.

(I believe Japan got 'Rhythm Tengoku Gold' following 'Rhythm Tengoku' for the GBA)'

So Gametrailers calling it 'Rhythm Heaven' means that they lack creativity in coming up with a speculative title, UNLESS it will simply be called 'Rhythm Heaven' again...

Fused King do good, Redshell??

No, my friend.

Europe got 'Rhythm Paradise' and the USA got 'Rhythm Heaven' for the DS.

(I believe Japan got 'Rhythm Tengoku Gold' following 'Rhythm Tengoku' for the GBA)'

So Gametrailers calling it 'Rhythm Heaven' means that they lack creativity in coming up with a speculative title, UNLESS it will simply be called 'Rhythm Heaven' again...

Fused King do good, Redshell??

Yep. icon14.gif

The likelihood is that this will be called Rhythm Paradise: (Wii / 2 / whatever :heh:) if it's released over here.

According to the biggest NINTENDO website of the Benelux (so they claim):

Rhythm Paradise Wii will only be playable with buttons, so no precise waggling (if such a phenomenon even exists)

I took upon myself the noble task of translating the Iwata-quote regarding the matter:

I played a nearly completed version and felt that this Rhythm Paradise game, playable on a TV, never loses the unique power of the original Rhythm Paradise. As opposed to Wii Play: Motion, this game is developed for button-use only.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/36376/1/Wii/rhythm-heaven-wii-alleen-speelbaar-met-knoppen

Edited by Fused King

Sign in to follow this