NEurope
ipaul

Rate the song above.

It was quite good, nice to listen to. :)

6/10

The only problem is now that I've actually started to listen to the greatness of Joanna Newsom all songs pale in comparison, currently.

SO GOOD. :grin:

You've won. But I shan't review it, I'd rather others less entranced by the Newsom have their say.

You've won. But I shan't review it, I'd rather others less entranced by the Newsom have their say.

The only problem is now that I've actually started to listen to the greatness of Joanna Newsom all songs pale in comparison, currently.

dpjn2o.jpg

Edited by Frank
Automerged Doublepost

Simply stunning...

But then so is nearly every song she comes up with, especially this...

:heart:

I'm not going to use this space to expound on the virtues of listening to Joanna Newsom, firstly because I have not the words to do so, and secondly because it would be a gargantuan task to detail a musician that appropriates so many styles and themes that I've heard before and makes them her own. Listening to some of her songs is like being taken through the most picturesque memory you can conjure but sweeter than nostalgia. I sound like such a fag, but I do really love that shit. One a scale of one to awesome, its gorgeous.

Now to earn back some man creds:

I usually don't like those kind of screamo vocals, but the guitar made up for it. I think I liked it, very energetic.

That was really nice. Why have I never given them a listen before? They sound relatively up my alley!

--

Quite chilled out. I liked it. Can't decide if I like the vocals or not, also think it might be too long. A bit anti climactic as well. 6/10.

I genuinely really enjoyed that, much more than anything on the first Crystal Castles album (still haven't got around to listening to the second).

--

(Sound quality is slightly dodgy, instead listen here. I think this is my favourite vocal Antony has ever done.)

I think this is my favourite vocal Antony has ever done.)

Time Will is great though. I'm interested in what H+LA's second album will be like, without Antony.

---

Music has been won. It's over.

Time Will is great though. I'm interested in what H+LA's second album will be like, without Antony.

---

Music has been won. It's over.

7/10. I really quite liked that. She's 10! That's pretty special talent right there. It's not even just good for a ten year old, just plain good. The beatz are phat, yo. Speaking of which...

Edited by ipaul

Not really a fan of the music type, so i probably couldn't give it a fair score.

Big Boi

The melody is clean and simple but has enough small changes at key spots to keep it from getting tired and the vocals sound like they are dancing. It is all around aurally interesting. I also like that the sound is allowed to breath.

8/10

--

Quiet Riot

Loud for the sake of being loud. Everything is pretty much the same volume and it lacks variety or anything noteworthy. In short, it is boring.

3/10

---

Really not a fan. I have a feeling there was a positive message in there, but the music was incredibly uninteresting to me.

--

An alright song. The vocals were rather unimpressive.

5/10

--

And now for something completely immature.:grin:

I kinda don't like Neil Young's voice. Meaning I've never really enjoyed his music a whole amount. That said, I'm sure it was a good song (I couldn't really take it in)/I haven't truly explored his stuff that much.

--

Not bad. I loved how mellow it was but I didn't feel like it was spectacular. Nice to listen to though :)

A recent, new-found obsession and blast from the past. I love her songs :D It's also scary how much she reminds me of Gaga in some parts of this video.

Edited by Frank

I tend to think I'm getting slightly sick of Thom Yorke and his infinite sadness, his inability to do much other than croon over a minor chord, until I actually listen to his stuff, and its usually phenominal, which makes me a bit angry. I hate the guy, but he's a genius. Atmospheric song, don't think I've heard it before.

Edit: I have no opinion on Gwen Stefani. Musically though, that song bugs the shit out of me.

Edited by The Bard

(Hate Wind It Up. Love Gwen in general though)

Actually quite stun. Don't care for the vocals much, but then I am a massive man-hater, so it makes sense.

----

My best lyrics about God. "Show yourself to me. I'd moan and I'd weep, fall silent at your speak."