NEurope
ipaul

Rate the song above.

Hmm yeah, there was absolutely nothing in that song that I liked. It's just... urgh. Plus looking at her made me want to slap her in the face or something. Just no.

=P

I don't know if this has been posted before because half of the songs won't load. But for some reason I really like the chorus of this. Heard it on the radio a fair few times and got it stuck in my head.

I quite liked the beats of the song but, sorry, I didn't really like it :hmm: The song just seemed very...gimmicky. Playing on the whole monster/vampire vibe of today. I get why some may like it but not for me.

Bit of a strange song. At the beginning it didn't sound bad but that voice that appears randomly is a little annoying. It sounds more like a parody of something. Quirky song though :)

PLEASE listen to these lyrics :')

That's cool. I always like that older style of music- I can always hear the sounds that come around in my favourite kind of rock music.

Bit of a strange song. At the beginning it didn't sound bad but that voice that appears randomly is a little annoying. It sounds more like a parody of something. Quirky song though :)

PLEASE listen to these lyrics :')

Just like to point out that that was in fact the point...

(ignore this post)

It's alright. Nothing particularly stands out about it though.

5/10

--

The song to be rated starts at ~49m 30s and ends at ~54m 20s

Really enjoyed that, might listen to some of the rest even. My favorite was the girls voice, something about it that I really liked :)

Decided to bring this thread back to some life.

I love Cher! <3

She looks like one of my aunties as well, so that's extra win.

Lol. I do have a soft spot for Cher's voice. It was her Best Of and Dolly Parton's Best Of that were staples in the cassette player when I was but a babe. My favourite is the insanely epic Save Up All Your Tears. Not a huge fan otherwise. :p

I'm on a Taylor Swift kick. I love hur. Not the world's greatest, but it feels like she tries her best. And I like it (for what it is). I like how she writes all her stuff herself.

( I know. But then we all know I love shite alongside greatness, sans prejudice, but with knowledge of their inherent quality (or lack thereof). )

I'm actually not a huge fan myself but like you said there's a soft spot there :D

After watching Will & Grace it's hard not to take off her singing, too much fun :p I haven't heard many songs but I love shoop shop song, gipsies, tramps and thieves and then her 'big' hits: turn back time, do you believe in love after love.

Give me some Tina Turner any day though! :p

eugh. That's proper balls, dude. Very cliché and old hat.

Didn't really like it, but really only because it doesn't overlap with the kind of music I usually listen to...the beat annoyed me.

I'm curious to see how this song will be received...the concept album "In the Aeroplane over the Sea" is quite interesting.

Quite the interesting song there.

*Singing happily to happy music* "...and Dad would dream of all the different ways to diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee". I can't help but to like it.

8/10

--

You know what this thread needs? Beards!

Want to know what I have? I have Epic Beards!

And they're not just Epic Beards from any place; they're Epic Beards From Texas!

And I have for you not one, not two, but Three Epic Beards From Texas!

For your listening pleasure I present:

Beards so epic that they are unembeddable!

Also note that the applause at 2m 34s is not the end of the song.

ZZ Top huh? Not really my thang, but very reminiscent of the mood you would get in a nicotine stained rock bar on Denmark Street. Watching fat, possibly flatulent rednecks having that much fun makes me want a bear gut, some leathers and my own motorcycle gang.

Something easy to start off with:

EDIT: Changed my mind =p

Edited by The Bard

^ I enjoyed... easy to listen to, very chilled, nice build-up and an abrupt ending. 7/10

Changed my mind =p

^ Decent... there's something uniquely unsettling but simultaneously catchy about the samples used - it sounds like someone hyperventilating through most of it? - but it works well. 8/10

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

One of my faveorite songs by one of my faveorite bands

I listen in yes I'm guilty of this you should know this

Harmony between their voices is at it's best. Never been a fan of teh synthy chorus though. Quite like the acoustic version they did on Spinners Interface at some point.

Quite interesting/good/worth more listens.

Okay, this band has had me incredibly intrigued since I was shown one of their videos at the BFI. As far as I can gather, it's all self-aware/intentionally controversial. If you know what I mean. (I hope) As in, they're projecting this image and these characters. Who knows? But the visuals and they themselves have me baffled for for some reason really interested. I think it's the accents. I kinda hate it at the same time as finding it fascinating. A case of what is this i don't even

NSFW probably.

I don't think having penis trees and borderline racist implications qualifies as "controversial," just retarded. And it's not even good retarded, like Tim and Eric's video for Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor." Or maybe I don't get it. I kinda like it though, in a weird way it makes me really uncomfortable, but since my point of reference for the same kinda shit is Tim and Eric, its more sinister.

Now, a classic;

Earth - Engine of Ruin: 8.5/10. Nice and laid back.

www DOT youtube DOT com /watch?v=wotaEqL2mzI

Since I cannot post links :(. Potentially NSFW.

Edited by SixT-4

I hated it. Just a style of music I detest. But I also feel I shouldn't be allowed to "rate" it - it's so opposed to everything I'd ever enjoy. I often say this, but it would be more enjoyable as an instrumental. But even then I'm just not a fan. *shrug*

--

Lol, can't believe the boys in Behemoth are still doing that facepaint malarkey. And that's not one of their better songs to be honest.

I used to think any facepaint looked hilariously dumb, but I've begrudgingly grown to think Behemoth look cool. The fact I think this makes me shudder in disgust. ;)

Ov Fire and the Void is one of my favourite songs by them. I don't know that many of their songs however.

On a side note: the vocalist now has leukaemia. :(