NEurope
ipaul

Rate the song above.

I'm not really a fan of guitar noodling, as I don't play it so don't feel I have a proper appreciation of it unless it's a "tune that appeals". This just sounded too much like noodling. It was fine, nothing wrong with it, just not for me. Too long without hooking me.

----

Really enjoyed that Paj, quality song. I particularly like the contrast between the really nice mellow parts and the more "rocky" sections. I can just imagine chilling out while listening to this and painting or doing something arty :p

8.7/10

I've never been a huge fan of "big" singers who love to sing really loud yet I've had this song stuck in my head for quite a while now. I think it's a pretty good song too :) I have the Jennifer Hudson cover in my head but to give due respect, I'll post the original.

Sorry about the length, 'tis very long. Some of it is just performance though so you can skip that if you so wish :) I think the start is around the 3:40 mark.

I'm confused as to why you'd post the song like that/why you'd choose that song/without context///etcc///

Can't really rate what I listened to, it was just annoying really.

---

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Megadeth - Peace Sells

You just don't appreciate it :p

Joking aside, it was the only one that I could find of the original but if it annoyed you that much I'll just post the Jennifer Hudson one :p

I consider this almost the same as my previous post so I'll give someone else the chance to rate your song. Hope you don't mind :)

I'm absolutely fine with that, you actually don't know how fine I am with that sentiment. Hunky-dorey by my standards.

So I guess this means I rate dwarf gourami's song.

I don't usually care much for heavy metal but this one is not too bad. My ears were not screaming for mercy at the end and the guitar playing sounded rather pleasant.

7/10

--

While country is really not my style of music, it can't help but make me smile. There's just something happy about it. That being said, I've really heard better country than this.

4/10

----------

While country is really not my style of music, it can't help but make me smile. There's just something happy about it. That being said, I've really heard better country than this.

4/10

----------

4/10. Not so keen on it.

Pleasantly surprised by that song. I loved the almost jungle-like sounds at the beginning and the whole song in general. Felt like I was spinning in ecstasy, I hope I'm using that phrase right :p

Her voice was lovely and very easy to listen to, as well.

8.2/10

I'm absolutely in love with this song <3

I haven't heard it in ages so when it randomly came on my i-pod a few days ago, I couldn't stop smiling at the song itself.

I had forgotten how it went, melody etc.

What I love about it, is the fact that Ella sings in such a happy tone with an extremely up-beat song yet the lyrics are so spiteful and almost angry regarding love. Brilliant.

That was good. I loved the vocal.

8/10

---

I quite enjoyed. Preferred the vocals-only at the beginning. The second half sounds like what Vampire Weekend are trying to be. Good, but too jolly for a miserable grump like myself.

the sound of a pc fan for that long = fucking annoying. tru fax.

Here's a side to Bruce Springsteen most people don't know- the side where he made an album on his own in his bathroom with a guitar, a harmonica and a 4 track.

Awesome - I don't know what to say, apart from never bet against Bruce. 9/10

Did somebody say 80s German pop/rock? The have now! (Verdamp Lang Her by Bap - this video just happens to be the better youtube postings of it I can find, in addition to being awesome in it's own right. )

Told me very little. You get a bit more excited when it picks up, but even the "pick up" falls into a sort of monotony. Sounds like I've heard it all before. Serviacable I suppose.

I'm going to something out of the ordinary. I'm to to rate the song two posts above this.

Daniel Dare, that song is just so epic in so many ways. It's such a simple structure but the lyrics really strike a chord (lol) with me. That song also happened to come on my iPod as I was on the subway on my way to visit said city that song is named after, true dat.

There's just something about listening to a Boss song that makes me want to smear engine oil all over me and put on a boiler suit.

Not usually my sort of cup of tea, but I first heard it on the soundtrack to NHL 10 and it's just a really inspiring song.

Why don't you just rate the song above like you're meant to, AND any other ones you fancy? Just makes my post pointless...

Anyway.

Dragonforce is...not my cup of tea. It's cool that someone can play guitar that fast. *shrug* I just don't click with music that is more athleticism than artistry (imo). It comes across as one of those songs that is meant to be "FUCK! SO LOUD!" but then I'd personally rather listen to Sleigh Bells for that.

---

Why don't you just rate the song above like you're meant to, AND any other ones you fancy? Just makes my post pointless...

Anyway.

Dragonforce is...not my cup of tea. It's cool that someone can play guitar that fast. *shrug* I just don't click with music that is more athleticism than artistry (imo). It comes across as one of those songs that is meant to be "FUCK! SO LOUD!" but then I'd personally rather listen to Sleigh Bells for that.

---

Because i didn't want to rate it. Unless i'm missing some hidden text, the thread makes no mention of the exact song above that needs to be rated. Your opinion is pretty standard for someone i'm guessing doesn't play an instrument (to any decent standard). You have to be pretty artistic to be able to put together a song like that. Any schmuck can put lyrics to a few chords, not many can do it to a piece like that. It really isn't very loud, sure it's louder than Pixie Lott or Bjork but he's singing, not shouting in anyway.

Because i didn't want to rate it. Unless i'm missing some hidden text, the thread makes no mention of the exact song above that needs to be rated.

Fine. It's generally a known way to post in "..post above" threads, but whatever.

Your opinion is pretty standard for someone i'm guessing doesn't play an instrument (to any decent standard). You have to be pretty artistic to be able to put together a song like that. Any schmuck can put lyrics to a few chords, not many can do it to a piece like that. It really isn't very loud, sure it's louder than Pixie Lott or Bjork but he's singing, not shouting in anyway.

I know. By "loud" I really meant that I sortof assume the intention with music like that is to blow everyone's mind with how intense it all is, but for me, it always falls flat.

Fine. It's generally a known way to post in "..post above" threads, but whatever.

I know. By "loud" I really meant that I sortof assume the intention with music like that is to blow everyone's mind with how intense it all is, but for me, it always falls flat.

Sarcasm fail/

I know, I just wanted to rate the Bruce Springsteen song :hmm:

Fiona Apple - My favourite person that I feel I've neglected. 8/10

Sleigh Bells - Amaze. I've never heard these sounds before. 9/10

---

This is my little sister's favourite song.

Dang, that Fiona Apple song sounds so much better on this computer than on my i-pod speakers which over-emphasize the beats and drowns out her voice :hmm:

Love the song even more now :)

Also, whenever I set it as my alarm, it's the most wonderful thing to wake up to...ahh...

VV Brown: While I've been disenchanted with modern pop for quite some time, I must say that this is remarkably good. Classy too!

8/10

A cover of the Nine Inch Nails song Hurt by The Man in Black:http://vimeo.com/10372748

I don't even have to listen to that again to tell you it's one of the best covers ever recorded. Even Trent Reznor prefers it.

Four Tet: She Moves She