NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
y2cplan

Does anyone here play WoW?

I suggest popping into the irc channel, quakenet - #cube-europe - Mentioning it there will probably get you some responses because I know for a fact there's a bunch of guys that do play it ;)

Yes, yes I do. In fact I just came off there.

Level 27 Human Warrior on Arathor server.

Cool!

I have just started playing again with my lvl 38 Druid on Zenadar and been trying out the new Battlegrounds area. It's not to bad to be honest but trying to get into a match seems to take forever!

Yeah i play WoW, was on TheMaelstrom until yesterday, when i joined TheVentureCo the new PvPRP realm.

am now Lvl 5 (half a bar ti llvl 6) Rogue Troll :)

Me me me! Im a level 38 Tauren Hunter on the Bladefist server. Soon I will have my mount, and then all alliance n00bs will learn to fear me!

Actually, Im quite nice to alliance n00bs.

I'm a Lvl 30 human Mage on Emerald Dream. I wish they hadn't changed the Battle Ground level ranges, I wanted to be the top for longer. Has anyone got into the Arathi BG yet? Doesn't seem like anyone goes on there.

well I got a lvl 60 rogue and a lvl 42 priest on Burning Blade and am one of the officers of one of the biggest guilds on the server, called Nexus :)

we've just started doing MC runs and it's getting really cool again :)

level 60 undead priest on Stormreaver, US Servers.

I spend far too much time playing WoW :)

Thursday, 22 September 2005

Warcraft Plague Runs Amok

Topic: Games

In a bizarre case of art imitating life, players of the Blizzard Entertainment game World of Warcraft suddenly found themselves dying from a mysteriously rampant plague that ravaged their virtual world.

The plague began innocently enough. Blizzard introduced a new dungeon area in the world, intended to give high-level players a bit of a challenge. But when players reached the boss at the end of the dungeon, they got more than they bargained for -- and unknowingly took a little something back to town to share with their friends. The dungeon boss, called Hakkar the Soulflayer, cast a spell called Corrupted Blood. The powerful spell caused about 280 damage points to anyone it hit, and spread to other members of the attacking party as well. Such powerful spell attacks aren't unusual in the World of Warcraft game world. But what happened next was just plain weird.

When infected adventurers returned to town at the end of their quest, they inadvertently passed along the Corrupted Blood infection to those nearby. In short order, the plague ravaged the population. Soon entire cities fell victim to the artificial disease. And while 280 damage points may be easy for a level-58 Night Elf warrior to contend with, it's enough to kill a lower-level player in seconds.

Game administrators were baffled. As they scrambled to quarantine areas of the game world, the disease quickly spread beyond their control. Partially to blame was the game's "hearthstone" feature, which allows players to essentially teleport from one area to another, and which made it possible for the plague to reach the most distant regions of the map in just minutes.

Eventually the game's administrators came up with a "spell" to cure the plague and managed to distribute it to the players en masse. But the legacy of Corrupted Blood remains. While software viruses are nothing new, Corrupted Blood is unique in that it's the first such infection ever to spread through a virtual environment without being deployed by malicious intent. It was, in a certain sense, naturally occuring in its environment. You might even say it evolved and sought self-propagation, just as any lifeform would do.

In the days since Blizzard eradicated the plague, the company has remained surprisingly quiet about what happened. But you can still find plenty of players willing to talk about it. One 14-year-old Orc told me openly of the incident: "Humans were dying left and right. We just laughed and laughed."

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/index.blog?entry_id=1230071

Unfortunatly spreading the plague has officially been made bannable. So we wont be able to go on Ironforge suicide runs. Thankfully that also means we wont have to cope with plague ridden gnomes, on top of the rotting disease ridden fungal covered gnomes we allready get running around Orgrimmar.

What the hell Mike? Whats with the year bump?!

[locked]

Sign in to follow this