NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRviuhvSWh1-VbbXaiM968

Its on sale on the Xbox store and with it being backwards compatible on the One/Series S|X, I thought why not. Heard a lot of good about it and had a £5 voucher from my Microsoft Rewards so picked it up for some point down the line as it doesn't look like its been on sale digitally for a long time. Considering whether or not to pick up Blue Dragon as its similarly not been on sale digitally for ages but I don't remember being that taken by it when I played it briefly when it released.

Unfortunately my lack of hair is meaning I’m starting to burn the top of my head whenever we go in the pool. Decided to splurge a bit and buy my favourite cap from last years F1.

141101085000_PP_3_MERCEDES_A_011-hi-res.jpg?v=1607963306

• Like 1

As someone whose not been able to go to the pool for about a year it's hard to feel sympathy 😋

Not yellow enough.

I wish I could pull of yellow. I like the colour but it always makes me look washed out.

Just need to find the right yellow for you! But yeah, I think yellow can be a bit tough, will give everyone an update on how (un)cool I look when this comes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Will said:

Unfortunately my lack of hair is meaning I’m starting to burn the top of my head whenever we go in the pool. Decided to splurge a bit and buy my favourite cap from last years F1.

This is like buying a horse because your car won't start.

Just buy some hair!

Got Mario 3D World in today, but I also found the 3 3DS games pretty cheap second-hand. I played 3D Land but sold it on after finishing it. But it was so cheap now I wanted it in the collection again. Tennis and NSMB2 I never played before.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2021 at 9:15 PM, Ashley said:

Been without Photoshop for a while (but did discover photopea.com which is really good for a website) and heard good things about Affinity and it's half price at the moment. Seems to be a pretty good competitor to Photoshop and at £24 for a lifetime license compared to nearly that per month...

Anyway here's the software with a seal for illustrative purposes. 

4-Affinity-Photo-Develop-Persona.jpg

And now Affinity Designer...

Might need to play around with some SVGs soon so I thought I'd take advantage of the half price offer.

affinity_designer_windows.730x0.png

• Like 1

Rotary tool to fix the car, as documented in the bad stuff thread:

71lN8v+np2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And as it's payday, it means more records:

9M60FE-1570149751-1280x1280-1570149747-r

011018_tgs-vinyl_black_1200x1200.jpg?v=1

Particularly happy about the Daft Punk one as Amazon very rarely has it in stock (and it always sells out straight away) and it goes for silly money on eBay.

• Like 1

61obIa15bLL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
The Wifi and Bluetooth card that came in my Pre-built PC wasn't the greatest, couldn't get stable audio through my wireless Headphones, even when sitting at my computer desk and the Wifi signal would drop sporadically. So I bought this new one and it works a treat, my Wifi signal has stayed at full bars since I installed it a few days ago and not only do I get stable audio through my wireless headphones it remains that way a fair distance away from my PC. A huge success.

Image result for promare blu ray

I was gutted I couldn't get the time off work to watch this in the Cinema's and I'm surprised it took me this long to finally buy it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 2

52aaa8_d7d99c05cc144672838654a839b608a5~

"Calathea White Fusion"

I've been after this plant for the better part of 12 months, bloody difficult to get in the UK, but it dropped from a seller in December and couldn't justify it. This time though, its mine! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This delightful TV.

https://www.costco.co.uk/Electronics-Security/Televisions-Projectors/Televisions/LG-50UN81006LB-50-Inch-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/p/331361

I come home from a shitty day at work and the subsequent satisfying nap, ready to watch telly and I find my TV was broken, it was flickering every second - but not turning off - looks like the LEDs in the back had gone. Naturally this in unacceptable so I demanded wife take me to costco so I could buy another.

Mission accomplished. It's got like a mousewheel on the remote. Crazy.

Just Dance Wii U (Japanese edition) and a Wii Taiko Drum (3rd party one). I promised myself a long time ago that I would get a taiko drum one day so just waiting for the games to arrive from Japan now.

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

52aaa8_d7d99c05cc144672838654a839b608a5~

"Calathea White Fusion"

I've been after this plant for the better part of 12 months, bloody difficult to get in the UK, but it dropped from a seller in December and couldn't justify it. This time though, its mine! 

Jealous! These are sooooo pretty! :love:
Though I know I'd never be able to keep one of these happy haha. I've seen so many posts in Facebook groups of people asking for advice on their dying White Fusion, it sounds like a right dramaqueen. Have you got a humidifier or somewhere damp you're going to keep it? I'd love to see some photos when you have it! :)

• Like 1

On 19/02/2021 at 9:31 PM, Eenuh said:

Jealous! These are sooooo pretty! :love:
Though I know I'd never be able to keep one of these happy haha. I've seen so many posts in Facebook groups of people asking for advice on their dying White Fusion, it sounds like a right dramaqueen. Have you got a humidifier or somewhere damp you're going to keep it? I'd love to see some photos when you have it! :)

Yup, its probably one of the worst Calatheas out there...apparently.

I have two humidifers, one for the two Calatheas in my bedroom and one for my study where the bigger plants are. So its going to be sat right next to one. My love of plants is getting out of control :laughing:

I've got a little into chess the last couple weeks. It probably is a phase that I will get bored of lol. Anyway. I was playing against the AI on chess.com, and I considered buying their subscription to unlock all features. The price ranges between about 30 and 80 a year. 80 is just dumb and I'm just not paying that. Then it occurred to me I like gaming on my TV/Switch and there might be something on there, which brought me to Chess Ultra.

It's £10, has very nice graphics, lots of very nice music, 10 AI levels ranging from beginner to grand master, a bunch of challenges/puzzles to solve, and online play should I ever want to bother with that. I don't know if there will be any players online since its a few years old, but it does have cross play with PC/PS/XB so that's a good sign.

So I'm very happy with the purchase, I have the single player for life, and if I do go online it's in a sense free since I'd renew my Nintendo Online subscription regardless.

When am I going to play them? Who knows!

Also bought some other stuff, which can be seen indirectly in that pic.. But I hope to show that off later with some more suitable pics.

code-geass-complete-season-collection.pn

Zavvi are having a bit of a sale with the anime blu rays. I saw the first season of this on Netflix years ago and loved it, but they never got round to getting the second season up.

• Like 1

New sofa:

8674146_R_SET?$Main768$&w=620&h=620

Had got a new sofa for our new place but its proving too small and doesn't really have much back and lumbar support so hoping this will do the job. Most I've spent on a sofa before, even though its still pretty cheap at £330.

New sofa:
8674146_R_SET?%24Main768%24&w=620&h=620
Had got a new sofa for our new place but its proving too small and doesn't really have much back and lumbar support so hoping this will do the job. Most I've spent on a sofa before, even though its still pretty cheap at £330.
That sofa doesn't exactly scream back and lumbar support either - did you get a chance to try it out in person?

5 hours ago, bob said:
6 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:
New sofa:
8674146_R_SET?%24Main768%24&w=620&h=620

That sofa doesn't exactly scream back and lumbar support either - did you get a chance to try it out in person?

Friend has this sofa in a different colour, its squishy, very. But comfy if you like that sort of thing! It lost the bottom support at one stage, so get a warranty on it :)

61bWZT7522L.jpg

Decided to get a better understanding of nutrition and this book seems highly recommended (and it turned up earlier and seems good so far).

I'm veggie but that's only really because of eggs and cottage cheese for breakfast and occasional cheese in dinners. Most of the time I'm vegan. In fact I'm cooking dinner and week lunch prep and that's all vegan.